Chapter 2

Snake Charmer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo stumbled his way over to his table and took a seat, eyeing the boys and girls who surrounded him. He noticed that he too was getting quite a few looks, probably due to the fact that Hogwarts didn't often get transfer students. He shifted nervously, figeting with his fingers and the edges of his robe. 

"Will you stop that? You're making me anxious." 

Kyungsoo jumped a bit in his seat and flicked his eyes over to where the voice had come from. He immediately shrunk back. The boy who sat diagonal from him was intimidating to say the least. With cat-like eyes and a tall lean body, this boy looked like a force to be reconded with. 

"Ignore him, he's just angry cause we were supposed to have a room to ourselves this year, but since you're here we have to share it."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened and he immediately began to stutter out apologies. God damn it Kyungsoo, since when were you this weak. 

"Oh n-n-no. It 's really not a problem. Trust me, Tao here will be more of a bother in one night than you could possibly be in one year. And don't worry, he's not nearly as scary as he looks."

The boy who was apparently named Tao scrunched up his face in response and angrily flicked some mashed potatoes at the other boy. 

"Oh you Tao" He said, sarcasm dripping from his voice. 

"You wish Chanyeol" Tao grinned, then glanced back at Kyungsoo. "So where you from anyway shorty?" 

Kyungsoo glanced up from his food and gave Tao a glare, making Tao spill his drink and just about fall off his seat. 

"Jesus Christ. Forsuch an innocent looking boy, you sure do have a death glare." Chanyeol remarked, grinning. "I think we will get along." Tao just elbowed Chanyeol in response.

"Durmstrang" Kyungsoo responsed bluntly. 

"Oo, I think I like him now" Tao grinned, leaning in. "So tell me, what is it they're hiding undernearth those cloaks?" 

Chanyeol buried his face in his hands and sighed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lay and Suho had met during their second year at Hogwarts. Looking back on it, it was strange that they hadn't met sooner. Both were well-known within the Hogwarts community. Suho, for example came from a well-established intellectual family and was top at everything he did, well sometimes not everything, if you catch my drift. He was a prefect, managed the Ravenclaw Quiddich team and was often found in the library, helping tutor underclassmen. Lay too was well-known; he was caring, very good at herbology and a suprisingly successful chaser on the Hufflepuff team. But both had some very strong, slightly inaccurate stereotypes placed on them from day one. Stereotypes that they found very hard to break. 

For example, Suho was thought to be a teacher's pet, never missing a day of class or breaking a single rule, but really Suho snuck out almost every night to read books from the forbidden section of the library (not THAT type of book ert). See his parents are both very successful Aurors, but Suho, well Suho had always wanted to be a potion master, one of the greats. And Snape didn't exactly like how he was always wracking up house points and showing off, so he was forced to learn the stuff they didn't teach in school on his own. 

And Lay, well everyone seemed to believe he was incrediably ditzy, forgetting homework, his quills and even to go to meals on certain days, but truthfully he rarely forgot a thing. The truth of the matter was the Lay was always thinking. Always trying to create new ideas, think of better ways to grow herbs and create self-sustaining herobology methods. And this took a lot of time and a lot of intelligence, both of which Lay had- well as long as he spent all his time focusing on these.  In fact, Lay had written a novel, a very successful one at that, all under a fake name. But again, this took a lot of time and effort, so Lay's reputation for being a little, well, up-in-the-clouds, stayed in place. 

But eventually the two boy's lives collided. Suho, who had been sneaking into th room of requirements to make high-level potions, found himself reading a book but a certain well-known author of herbology, where he found himself in need of a fanged geranium. So of course, being the good prefect he was, he broke cerfew and snuck down to the greenhouse to "borrow" a plant or two. That's where he ran into Lay for the first time he could remember. 

There Lay had stood fiddling with a very advanced herbology contraption that could speed up the growth of a plant to 5X it's normal groing speed. Something that Suho was sure Hogwarts didn't have because it was still being experiemented with in magor wizarding companies. It was a contraption that was only owned by one man on the planet. A certain author that Suho happened to just be reading about moments before. 

Please log in to read the full chapter