Chapter 6

Snake Charmer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sorry this took a little while- I wanted to fit the party into one chapter so it's pretty long in comparison to the previous chapters. Enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey. You okay?" 

Lay glanced up from his spot undernearth a large oak in the courtyard to see Suho walking briskly towards him. Like usual, Suho had a composed look on his face with a slight smile, which showed off his approachable demeaner. But Lay could always tell when something was wrong. Although he couldn't quite put a word on what it was, there was something about Suho's aura that would shift ever so slightly when he was upset but trying to hide it for the sake of others, as he always did. 

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be okay. I just happened to stumble across my favorite person in the world." Suho shot him a big grin, but Lay didn't buy it, looking Suho up and down with an eyebrow raised. 

"What?" 

Lay said nothing, glancing down at the book in his lap. He could hear Suho crunch over the leaves and plop down next to him. Lay glanced up, burshing his hand through Suho's hair and urging him to lie down and rest. Suho took the book out of Lay's lap and placed his head on Lay's lap. He gently traced his scalp with his fingers and brushed down to his neck, massaging the tension away. 

"It's just Kris and all this party planning. It's tomorrow and somehow Kris has dozens of new ideas. I told him to get everything in to me a few weeks back." 

Lay squeezed his shoulder to show he was listening. 

"I just don't understand it! I did a walk-through and found fourteen traps set up to fool people from other houses. Why can't Slytherins just be civil?" 

Lay raised his eyebrow at Suho, a slight smirk gracing his lips. 

"Ya ya, I know. They're Slytherins, I don't know why I would expect anything else." 

Suho looked up at Lay fondly and brought his head down, pecking him gently on the lips. He didn't know how Lay could be some comforting without saying a word, but he wouldn't change him for the world. 

"Thank you." 

Lay leaned down to continue the kiss when he heard a wailing coming towards them. 

The two quickly broke apart, shooting up into sitting positions resulting in Suho bashing his face into Lay's. 

"Jesus Christ Luhan, really?" Suho glared at the very upset boy who had just plopped down beside them. 

"You don't understand. I ruined everything. I dumped a butterbeer all over Sehun." 

"We were having a moment here. Can we discuss this later?" 

"No. You don't understand Suho. If you two hadn't ditched me this would have never happened!" 

Suho rubbed his temples, then in the distance saw his savior. 

"Hey isn't that Xiumin and Chen over there. They ditched you too. How about you talk to them about it and then we can discuss it on Saturday when the party is over. I promise I'll take you out to get drinks to make up for it this weekend." 

Luhan sped off, a grin gracing his delicate features. 

Lay leaned over to Suho, "Aren't you and Sehun friends?" 

"I don't know if friends is the right word. We compare potions notes and work together once in a while because he also wants to be a potions master." 

"I'm just saying that if you were to push them together, maybe Luhan wouldn't be ruining our moments all the time." 

Suho smiled, tracing Lay's jawline with his hand. "Just when I think I couldn't love you more, you always outdo yourself." 

Suho leaned in gently, continuing their interupted moment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can't I just wear these?" Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol holding up a plain white shirt and slim-fitting jeans. 

"I don't see why no-" Chanyeol was shoved out of the way and Tao knocked the clothing out of Kyungsoo's hands, "They would have been fine, but now they're all wrinkled, so I guess you have to wear the outfit you bought the other day.

The three boys had just spent all afternoon setting up for the party. Tao and Kyungsoo had gone voluntarily, but Chanyeol, since it was the first part of his detention, was forced to do the non-magical parts of setting up, leaving him tired and slightly fed up. 

"I might just sit this one out guys." Chanyeol commented, sprawling out on his bed and covering his face with his forearm. 

Tao grabbed at Chanyeol's arm, pulling him back up and shoving an outfit into his arms, "Come on guys. This only happens once a year. I can't be the only one excited about this!" 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol exchanged looks and Tao grimiced in response. 

Kyungsoo sighed and headed into the bathroom, knowing that he couldn't win this fight. Tao brightened up, grabbing chanyeol and pulling out his styling tools. "Sit still Chanyeol. I'm gonna make you look smoking." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop lagging behind guys, I don't want to walk in alone." 

Tao strode ahead as Kyungsoo and Chanyeol walked behind tugging at their clothing which seemed just a little bit too tight. Tao, who was dressed as extravagantly as ever was adorned in a black fur coat and tight white button down. Chanyeol had been squeezed into ripped jeans, which to his suprise, he was quite fond of. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, had been forced to sit through an hour of getting his hair and makeup styled and had then been shoved into a black button down and leather jacket. Although it wasn't quite his style, even he would shyly admit he looked pretty good. 

"Kris really outdid himself this year." The three turned to the side to see a smirking Chen leaning against the entrance to the party. "Password?" 

"Very funny Chen. Let us in." Tao pushed through, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo shuffling in behind him. 

If the boys hadn't known they were in the dungeons, they would have thought they were in an extravagant nightclub. The lights were dim and the walls had been enchanted into a soft velvet with gold everwhere in sight. Groups of students were standing at cocktail tables, sipping drinks and chatting and a very drunk Xiumin and Lay were dancing in the middle of the dance floor, breaking out some very impressive moves. 

Kyungsoo looked around, tracing the walls until he made eye contact with Kai. Kyungsoo's breath hitched. Kai was looking right back at him. He was adorned all in black, jacket falling of his shoulders showing a tight, black wifebeater. Kyungsoo watched as Kai gestured to Sehun, never breaking eyecontact with Kyungsoo and pulled him towards the dance floor. Kai and Sehun joined into the crowd of dancing kids and Kyungsoo thought he might pass out. Even within the large crowd, Kai always stayed in Kyungsoo's line of vision. Kai's body rolled and spun in ways that Kyungsoo didn't think were humanly possible. 

While Kyungsoo was blissed out and enchanted, Chanyeol was in the opposite situation. Sure, both were feeling tortured, but Chanyeol could slowly feel his heart being pulled apart. To his right he could see Baekhyun, a low-cut shirt showing off his chest and smudged eyeliner making him look demonically handsome. His hand was resting on some underclassman's bicep and he was his lips sensually. Baekhyun glanc

Please log in to read the full chapter