Chapter 4

Snake Charmer
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Come on Soo. You have to come in!" Tao was currently dragging a reluctant Kyungsoo in Gladrag's Wizardwear as Kyungsoo did his best to cling onto the doorframe. The first week of school had been rather uneventful. The Slytherins were s, as expected, and Kyungsoo had gotten a bit closer with the slightly withdrawn boy Lay, who he had first met on the Hogwart's Express. Apart from that, it was a constant cycle of trying not to piss of Oh Sehun, avoiding eye contact with Kai and fooling around with his new friends. 

But either way, Kyungsoo was glad it was the weekend. When Tao had mentioned going to Hogsmeade, Kyungsoo was at first very excited. That is until he found out Tao's motives. 

"Come on Kyungsoo. You're not going to win this." Channyeol sighed, squeezing past Tao and into the clothing store. 

Kyungsoo sighed and let go of the doorframe, quickly realizing he should have probably warned Tao he was about to do so because the two of them quickly tumbled to the ground. 

"Damn it Soo I almost ripped by cloak." 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Today was Saturday, so it was now officially less than a week until the Welcome Back Party, said to be one of the best events of the semester. 

"I don't understand why we are going anyway. Don't the Sytherin's host?" Kyungsoo asked, trying desperatly to catch the many outfits Tao was currently throwing at him. 

"It's tradition Soo. Plus it's worth it for the men there. You don't have to wear uniforms so sometimes you get a better peek at th-" 

Chanyeol cut Tao off, "It's just nice to see eveyone. Plus you get the day off if you help with set-up." 

Kyungsoo nodded and he was shoved into the closest dressing room. 

"Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. There is usually a kind of pact between the upperclassmen to stay out of each others ways for that one night. Honestly, just be glad you weren't here during the first few years, because trust me, no such pact exists for the youngins." 

Kyungsoo peaked out from the dressing room, "Tao. I look like a e" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where did we decide to hold it this year then?" Kai turned to Kris, picking at his nails. 

"We? Since when has Kris ever let anyone else be involved in the planning of his parties?" Baekhyun scoffed, shooting Kris a playful look. 

Kris chucked a licorice wand at Baekhyun, who promply caught it in his mouth, grinning. 

"Got permission to use a wing in the dungeons. No one ever goes there so it's stayed pretty clean from the end of the year party from last term." 

Kai nodded in approval. "Any theme this year or just casual?" 

"Keeping it pretty casual. Saving up all those ideas for Halloween." Kris grinned and threw his feet up on the table of the Three Broomsticks Inn. 

"I'm getting more Butterbeer. Anyone want any?" Sehun mumbled, standing up and heading towards the counter. 

"Ya. I'll take another." Kris responded, throwing Sehun a supressed smile. Kris had always been quite fond of Sehun. He kept to himself, rarely got in any trouble that Kris didn't instruct and came from a well-respected family. They hadn't grown up together, but Kris often felt as if Sehun was like a sibling to him. Someone he would protect, with protection in return of course. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please log in to read the full chapter