Chapter 3

Snake Charmer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Snape drawled off names in pairs, making it blatently obvious that he had not only assigned Griffindors with Slytherins, but that he assigned the partners without thinking at all how the pairs would get along with one another. 

"Zitao and Kai. Over here." Snape pointed at a table in the far left corner and Kyungsoo felt his heart drop slightly. He couldn't quite tell if it was because Tao was leaving him or because part of him wanted to know a thing or two about this mysterious Kai figure. 

"Kyungsoo and Sehun." Kyungsoo jumped slightly as he made his way to a desk on the other side of the room and sat down next the the 'not too bad Slytherin who had only beaten up a few kids and who never smiled.' Kyungsoo groaned internally. 

"Baekhyun and Chanyeol." With this, there were some chuckles and sympathetic whispers as the two were placed together in the back of the room. Kyungsoo glanced back at the two and could see a fuming Baekhun and a red-eared Chanyeol. Kyungsoo decided he wouldn't complain about his partner from now on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"Just because we are partners doesn't mean we have to talk." Baekhyun stated, not even making eye-contact with his seat mate. 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. How exactly would that work? He wasn't sure, but he was sure that there was no way he would ask. He simply nodded and looked down, barely listening to the words of Snape. 

When exactly had he become so weak? Him and Baekhyun had been neighbors as kids. Both families were well-off although Baekhyun's was far more conservative than Chanyeol's, but it had never seemed to matter. The two would play together everyday, pulling pranks on the other kids in the neighborhood and drawing up elaborate plans for world-domination or a prank shop, whichever was easier. But then, two weeks beforethey were due to leave for Hogwarts, Chanyeol conffessed his feelings. His more than friends feelings. And they had kissed. It had been the most amazing feeling in the world for Chanyeol, for it felt like he was actually complete. He had been kissing the boy of his dreams and he would never let him go. But unfortunately for Chanyeol, Baekhyun made him let go. He had slapped him, called him a word that Chanyeol could never himself repeat and hadn't said a nice thing to him since. 

See Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun had nothing against boys being with other boys, but Baekhyun himself, well in Baekhyun's words, "Like hell I'd ever be with a boy. Do whatever the you want, but don't involve me in that ." So their friendship was over. Ad Chanyeol was left with half-drawn plans for world-domination or a prank shop- again, whichever was easier. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Kyungso

Please log in to read the full chapter