Chapter 7

Snake Charmer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey. Sorry I've been slacking on Kaisoo... hopefully this chapter helps. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai stumbled his way into the owlry. He was exhausted from the party the night before. He had been a little tipsy at the time, but honestly the night wasn't a blur. This also meant that looking back, he didn't really have an excuse for what he had done to Kyungsoo. 

Kai leaned against the owlry wall. He wasn't quite sure what it was about Kyungsoo that drew him in. Maybe it was the way he could switch from looking so angry to so innoncent in less than a second or maybe it was something else entirely. Either way, Kai found himself drawn in. I mean, what possibly could be the real reason someone would transfer from Durmstrang? It wasn't a bad school and students rarely ever moved schools, even if their parents relocated. Kyungsoo was a puzzle. And Kai was ready to solve it. 

He unfolded the letter in his hands and read it over once more. 

To Whom it May Concern, 

I was given your company name by a man at Borgin and Burkes last year and was told to contact if I had a favor to ask. I heard you were very good at digging up information, so I am writing to ask about the Do family. Do Kyungsoo in particular. Thank you for your assistance. 

Kim Jongin

Kai ruffled his hair. He wasn't so sure if this was the best way to get information on someone, but it wasn't like he could just walk up a Gryffindor and start asking about their personal life. 

So he clipped it onto an owl and turned, exiting the owlry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol flicked his wrist, fixing a smashed chair in the middle of the dance floor. He was exhausted. It was four a.m. and he was not in the mood to be cleaning. But of course, detention had to be served. 

It was taking all of his willpower not to make eye contact with the other boy in the room- Byun Baekhyun. So he stared down at his feet, only glancing up to cast a spell once in a while. He felt like . Why was it that no matter how much Baekhyun would push him away, he couldn't leave. He always needed to be his hero. His protector. Even when Baekhyun wanted nothing to do with him. 

Chanyeol stumbled backwards as he collided with another person. It seemed like both of them were avoiding eye contact, leading to neither of the looking where they were going. 

"About earlier..." 

Chanyeol glanced up at a slightly sheepish looking Byun Baekhyun. 

"Don't worry about it." Chanyeol said, spinning around and exiting the room and leaving Baekhyun in confusion. 

It was as they had reversed personilities. I mean, since when was Chanyeol cold and Baekhyun sheepish. Chanyeol shook his head. He had to move on. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I just don't get it, what happened to them?" Luhan sipped his pumpkin juice, glancing back and forth between Xiumin and Chen. 

"What do you mean?" Suho responded, not bothering to tearhis eyes away from Lay who was playing with one of the morning delivery owls. 

"Last time I saw them they were kissing but I saw them enter this morning and they didn't even make eye contact or try to talk. Somethings up." 

"Uh huh." 

"And when I was dancing with Sehun I couldn't find either of them. I assumed they had gone off together, if you know what I mean... Suho!" 

Suho quickly glanced towards him. "What?" 

"Did you hear nothing I just said?" 

Suho shook his head and Luhan sighed re-explaining and watching as Suho's eyes grew so big he thought they might pop out of his head. 

"I'm sorry Luhan this is so much drama." 

"What's drama?" Lay appeared beside the two boys, leaning over Suho to grab a waffle. 

"Xiumin and Chen kissed. That and I found that letter." 

"What letter?" Luhan responded, curious. 

"You know, the letter Jongin wrote looking into Kyungsoo's past, I found it this morning... which is probably why you don't know... that and I wasn't supposed to tell anyone." Suho rubbed his temples. 

"Long night?" 

Suho nodded

"Well don't worry, we won't tell a soul." Luhan gave a thumbs up, scurrying off to chat with some other friends. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're an idiot you know." 

"Morning to you too Kris." Kai glanced up at a very frustrated looking Kris Wu, "What happened exactly?" 

Kris smacked a piece of parchment down in front of Kai and sat down beside him, "You should be glad I got to this before all the prefects saw it. Just Suho and I luckily." 

Kai glanced down, his eyes becoming twice their

Please log in to read the full chapter