Babies

Life in the Jung-Min House

Moonbok sat next to Yoongi as the two discussed a song that Moonbok was working on. He usually would go to Outsider but because Outsider and his wife just had their daughter so he didn't want to bother his hyung too much. Mariska had volunteered Yoongi's help with his song but in the end, basically forced her dad to help him. He didn't want Yoongi to be put in an awkward situation and tried to tell Mariska that it was fine but the pleas went in one ear and out the other. He could still hear Mariska talking to her dad about it.

"This song as been a little tough but I'm not sure who to go and ask. Outsider hyung is busy being a new dad so I don't want to bug him with this." Moonbok said as him and Mariska had one of their usual phonecalls.

"Oh, my dad can help you. Just let me know when you want to come over and I'll tell him." Mariska was quick to offer Yoongi's assistance.

"No, I can't ask you to do that. It's fine, it's not like this song has to be done soon or anything." But in the end, Moonbok wasn't heard because Mariska was already calling out to Yoongi. He could hear them speaking clearly.

"Dad, you're going to help Moonbok with his song, okay!" Moonbok tried calling to Mariska to let her know that it was fine.

"I'm doing what now? With who? I was sleeping, I don't know what's going on." Moonbok heard Yoongi's voice, followed by Mariska scoffing.

"Dad, I literally saw you walk into the kitchen as I discussed this with Moonbok. I'm not 5 anymore, you can't fool me with that 'I was sleeping' card." Moonbok could just see Mariska rolling her eyes as she said all this. He heard another pair of steps followed by a voice that he guess was Winter's.

"You literally fell for it last week." Moonbok busted out laughing at this as he heard Mariska whine to Winter about something.

Moonbok grinned at the memory, shaking his head but only to jolt when a hand was waved in front of his face. He looked and saw Yoongi staring at him with a raised eyebrow. "Did you hear me, Moonbok?" Moonbok sheepishly responded with a 'no'.

"I'm sorry, sir. I spaced out a bit but I won't do it again!" Moonbok quickly apologized, standing up to bow to Yoongi. Yoongi just waved the apology off.

"It's fine, don't worry. You probably need a break anyways." Yoongi assured and right after that, there was a knock on the door before it was opened and Ivy poked her head in. She saw Moonbok and smiled.

"Oh! Hi, sweetie! Are you okay? How is the song coming along? Do you need anything? Would you like something to eat? You can't really go into the kitchen but I can make you something. How's your mom?" Moonbok was a little overwhelmed by the questions, glancing over at Yoongi for some form of help but he was fiddling with his phone.

"Hello m'am. I'm fine. The song is good. I don't really need anything, I'm not that hungry and my mom is doing great, thank you." Moonbok tried to answer all the questions that he could remember.

"Are you sure? You don't want anything to drink? Water, tea, lemonade, soda? You sure you don't want me to get you anything?" Ivy asked. Moonbok was about to open his mouth to say he was fine when Yoongi leaned over.

"Just pick something. Anything. Pick something." He whispered. Moonbok was confused by this.

"Uh, no, m'am, I'm really fine." Moonbok assured Ivy.

"Oh God, no, now you've done it." Yoongi muttered. Moonbok was about to turn and ask him what he meant but Ivy beat him to it.

"What the is that supposed to mean, Yoongi?!" Well, not the exact words that he would use but okay. Yoongi painted on a wide smile for his wife, sitting up straight.

"Nothing, nothing! It meant nothing." Yoongi assured.

"You like it when I cook for you! Why can't I cook for anyone else?!" Ivy exclaimed. Moonbok sunk a little in his chair, feeling weird about witnessing this.

"It's just that you're doing it again." Yoongi sighed. "Doing what?!" Ivy snapped.

"Nothing, nothing." Yoongi smiled again but Moonbok could see the smile was forced. Ivy glared at Yoongi before walking away, muttering "See if I ever ing cook for you again." As she did so. Once she was gone, Yoongi slumped down in his chair with a heavy sigh. He looked over at Moonbok and shook his head.

"You should've just picked something, anything. You're the chosen one now."

"Uh...chosen one?" Moonbok wondered. Yoongi merely sighed again, closing his eyes as he rubbed his temples, still slumped in the chair. Moonbok was left confused over the chosen one.

The two finally got back to work on Moonbok's song and had made some progress when Ivy popped in again. She seemed to be in a good mood once again, judging by the smile on her face.

"Moonbok, would you like to stay for dinner, sweetie?" Moonbok looked to Yoongi who quickly nodded his head. "Uh, sure, m'am. I'd love to if that's not an issue." He did not miss Yoongi giving him a thumbs up out of the corner of his eye.

"Oh of course not! You're more than welcomed to! Is there anything you'd like to have in particular?" This took Moonbok by surprise and he quickly looked to Yoongi for help.

"Uh...whatever is fine." Moonbok answered.

"Are you sure?" Ivy wondered. Moonbok saw Yoongi give him a look almost as if to say 'pick something' So he racked his brain for something. Why couldn't he think of any food at the moment?

"Braised short rib." Moonbok answered without thinking. He's not even sure where the answer came from but if it pleased both Yoongi and Ivy, so be it.

"Sure! I just need to go to the store and get the ingrediants so that might take me an hour. Will you be okay? Do you want some snacks to hold you over? I can get you some snacks." Ivy offered.

"No, no. It's fine. I can wait." Moonbok quickly said. Ivy left with a smile and Yoongi let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God you picked something."

Nearly two hours passed and Yoongi and Moonbok were being called for dinner by Jimin.

"Let's go eat. We did good on the song. What you had so far was really good." Yoongi praised as the two walked out of Yoongi's home studio.

Mariska walked into the main part of the house after leaving her shoes by the door but froze when she saw that the regular table they ate dinner at wasn't being set. She saw her mom carrying a plate of food from the kitchen to another room and Mariska groaned, letting her gym bag drop to the floor as she chased after her mom.

"Mama, why?! You're doing it again!" Mariska whined as she saw that nice spread being set up in the dining room that was literally only used for special-and she means special-occasions. The dining room was more of a storage room than anything else and hardly used as an eating space so her seeing Ivy setting the table in the dining room meant only one thing...

"What are you talking about? I am preparing dinner." Ivy simply said. Mariska stared at her, aghast. Yoongi and Moonbok walked into the dining room after Yoongi discovered that dinner wasn't in their usual place.

"Daaaad! Make mama stop." Mariska pouted, not caring that Moonbok was seeing her in her nasty, sweaty, after gym form. She had other matters to attend to.

"You think I have any say in this? Do you think I could stop this? Believe me, if I could, Jungkook wouldn't be the way he is." Yoongi deadpanned. Ivy harshly put a dish down.

"What is wrong with Jungkook?" Ivy demanded. Yoongi grinned and shook his head. "Nothing, honey. Do you need help with the table?" Yoongi followed Ivy into the kitchen, leaving Mariska and Moonbok in the dining room. Mariska crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head and tsking.

"She's doing it again." She simply said.

"What is she doing?" Moonbok asked. Mariska looked up at him and only tsked. "You're the chosen one." Was all she said before walking to the table to sit.

"What's a chosen one?" Moonbok wondered, still confused. At that moment, the twins, Jungkook, and Winter came into the room.

"She's doing it again?" Winter wondered. Mariska nodded her head, gesturing to a still standing Moonbok. "It's because of him." She said.

"Aigoo, you might want to sit over here, Moonbok." Taehuyng said as he lead Moonbok to the chair next to the head of the table.

"Tae, what's a chosen one?" Moonbok asked his friend. His question fell on deaf ears again. The Jung-Min siblings sat around the table while Moonbok tried to understand what was going on. Jungkook sat across from Moonbok, full on glaring at him.

"Don't worry, it won't last for long." Jungkook sneered, confusing Moonbok even more. 

"Huh-" "Yah, leave him alone, mama's boy." Mariska said, coming to Moonbok's defense. 

"Don't tell me what to do, brat." Jungkook grabbed a bread roll and chucked it at Mariska, only for her to catch it with ease and take a bite out of it. Jimin and Taehyung cheered at the catch, Winter excited because he had gotten it on camera. He's learned to always start recording whenever Jungkook and Mariska both started getting hostile...it made for great Youtube.Yoongi and Ivy came in with the last of the dishes, Yoongi also carrying a liter of soda, seven cups, and a water bottle with a straw that had ice water. He handed the liter and the cups to Jungkook who was closest before walking over to Mariska and handing her the water bottle. Mariska grinned cutely, scrunching up her shoulders and thanked her dad.

"Kookie, don't think I didn't see you throwing the bread." Yoongi said as he sat in his chair at the other end of the table.

"Mariska started it." Jungkook pointed to Mariska who took another big bite out of the bread roll. She feigned innocence and shook her head, her cheeks puffing out because of the food in . 

"No fighting, kids. Let's just eat." Ivy said, surprising everyone because she usually took Jungkook's side but instead she was just neutral. "Moonbok, what would you like first?" She turned her full attention to the still confused boy and it caused Jungkook to pout.

"Eomma, I'm hungry." Jungkook cutely whined even though he was perfectly capable of asking for either of his siblings to pass either of the dishes to him. 

"You can serve yourself dear, you're a big boy." And he really was. 18 years old to be exact. 

"But Moonbok is 20!" Jungkook exclaimed. Winter rolled his eyes before grabbing Jungkook's plate so he could serve him. 

"Here, this will shut you up." Winter grumbled after putting Jungkook's plate back in front of him, now with food. Moonbok was trying to assure Ivy that he was fine and could serve himself only to jolt when he was poked in the side. He looked to Mariska, who was next to him, and she was giving him a warning look while sipping water from her straw.

"Here, sweetie." Moonbok looked and saw that Ivy and taken his plate and put a little bit of everything on it. "Have you gotten anything to drink? Kookie, hand me a cup and the soda." Jungkook took a cup from the stack and handed the stack to Ivy with a pout before glaring at Moonbok even harsher. 'I'm the favorite' He mouthed, confusing Moonbok even more.

"Leave him alone." Mariska said with a warning tone, glaring at Jungkook. "No. He took my spot." Jungkook snapped back, turning his glare to Mariska.

"Ah, eomma, leave him alone. He's fine." Jimin sighed, deciding to come to Moonbok's defense because the poor boy was looking uncomfortable about being the cause of Jungkook's and Mariska's impending fight. For some reason, this caused Ivy to snap.

"Why? Why can't I take care of other kids, huh?" She had slammed her hands onto the table, surprising everyone. "Why is it so bad for me to care for Moonbok? I'm sorry that I like making sure that he's comfortable and well fed. I thought you all would be understanding since you know what he went through. Excuse me for trying to show him that he's loved, I didn't know it was so wrong for me to do that." Ivy had stood up at this point, tears in her eyes and she rushed into the kitchen. Everyone else stayed where they were, too shocked by Ivy's outburst to really move. Mariska and Moonbok shared a looked, Jungkook was staring at his plate, Taehyung had blank expression on his face, Yoongi and Winter both had their elbows on the table, massaging their temples, while Jimin was now the confused one and it was silent. Jungkook broke the silence by sniffling. 

"Now why are you crying?" Mariska wondered. Winter got up so he could stand next to Jungkook and pulled said boy towards him in a hug. Jungkook wrapped his arms around him and buried his face into Winter's stomach.

"Nice going, hyung." Winter said to Jimin, sounding a little annoyed. Yoongi sighed and shook his head.

"Good job, Jimin." Yoongi said before getting up and going into the kitchen to comfort his wife. Jimin looked very apologetic and it seemed like he was trying to apologize but was having trouble finding the right words. Mariska sighed before getting up and going to sit next to Jimin, petting his hair.

"It's okay, oppa. We know you didn't mean to." Mariska assured him. Taehyung had yet to break out of his trance. Moonbok couldn't help but find the scene amusing because instead of the dongsaengs being comforted, they were doing the comforting and had it been under different circumstances, he would have made a comment on it.

In the kitchen, Yoongi slowly approached his wife who was trying hard not to sob over the sink. "Yeobo, are you okay? What's wrong?" Yoongi asked as he placed a comforting hand on her back before pulling her towards him in a hug. Ivy went to him with ease and began to cry in his shoulder.

"It's okay, it's okay. We know you mean well. We're sorry for making you feel bad." Yoongi sighed as he comforted his wife.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I've been getting emotional over the littlest things, things I never got emotional over before. And I've been puking a lot too, and feeling tired all the time. Yoongi...am I going through menopause?" Ivy looked at Yoongi with worry in her eyes.

"Aye, you're not even 40 yet. You can't be going through menopause. Maybe it's a weird type of flu." Yoongie assured her. Ivy was silent as she began to think over her symptoms the past month. 

"Yoongi...I just realized that I'm late." Yoongi gave her a confused look.

"Late? Late for what? Do you have to be somewhere?" Yoongi wondered. "No, Yoongi. Late for my period. I haven't gotten my period yet." Ivy explained. Yoongi's eyes widened.

"What does that mean?" Ivy began to chew her lip before finally saying "I might be pregnant." Yoongi looked at her in shock, laughing a little before passing out and hitting the floor with a thud.

"Oh man, holy !" Ivy looked and saw the kids were crowding at the kitchen entrance and it seemed like they heard her announcement.

"Dad!" Mariska stared at Yoongi on the floor and it almost seemed like she was going to go into the kitchen when Winter held her to keep her from doing so. Yoongi came to moments after on his own and he looked at Ivy. "Are you sure?" Ivy helped him sit up before nodding her head.

"I think we're going to have a baby." 

Afterwards, Ivy and Yoongi left to get a pregnancy test, leaving the Jung-Min siblings and Moonbok at the house. They would've put the food away but they weren't allowed in the kitchen and couldn't get plastic containers so they settled on eating as much as they could. 

"Okay, it's cool you guys might be having a baby sibling but Tae, I'm still confused on what a 'chosen one' is." Moonbok said. Taehyung merely smiled and patted Moonbok on the back.

"Don't worry, it's all Gucci, Moonbok." 

"I'm still confused." Everything was normal in the Jung-Min household. 


*A/N* So, Moonbok came out of nowhere and it'll be explained here Worth Waiting For and it's mainly on Mariska and her relationship with Jang Moonbok whom I love and he deserves more love. You don't have to read it, but if you want!^^