Video Game All Nighter

Life in the Jung-Min House

 

During one of the weekends during winter break, Yoongi came home to find Ivy sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket, curtains drawn, with instant ramen containers on the coffee table, and energy drink cans littering the floor. She was completely immersed in whatever she had playing on the TV and it confused him at first. Ivy was known to binge watch dramas when she had the chance and to be a lazy bum just like him but he'd never seen her look like this with a game controller in her hands.

“Jagi, I'm home,” He called with a large question mark etched into his face.

“She hasn't really moved since she woke up today Appa,” Jimin said from the kitchen table where he and his siblings all had their own ramen cups in front of them.

“Oh really? Then where'd you get the ramen?” Yoongi said coming to ruffle Jimin's hair.

“Convenience store Dad,” Winter answered finishing up his broth. “If you need me I'll be in my room.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes a bit and watched the young boy walk up the stairs. He turned back to see Jungkook and Mariska with sad looks on their faces playing with what was left of their noodles.

“Ara, what's wrong with you two?” Yoongi said sitting down next to Mariska who immediately leaned into him.

“Eomma hasn't paid attention to me at all today,” Jungkook said resting his chin on the table and stretching his arms out flat.

“You need to stop being such a mama's boy Kookie,” Taehyung said with a blank look on his face.

“She didn't pay me any attention either. It's like she's become a zombie,” Mariska whined loudly nuzzling into Yoongi.

“Yah! I heard that! Just because I'm playing a game doesn't mean I'm deaf!” Yoongi chuckled and kissed the top of Mariska's head as he got up. He went into the living room and stood behind the couch to wrap his arms around his wife's neck.

“So, what game has you so entranced that you didn't baby Jungkook and Mariska today?” Yoongi said before kissing her cheek and nuzzling his face into her neck for a moment.

“That's so gross Appa,” Jimin said grimacing at the display of affection between his parents.

“You'll be just like this one day Munchkin,” Yoongi rolled his eyes a bit at his son before turning back to his wife who had still yet to answer his question. “So? What game Jagi?”

“Until Dawn,” Ivy answered simply, not even bothering to take her eyes off the screen. She furrowed her brow in deep concentration as she had to make a choice for her characters.

“How long have you been playing?” He said moving to lightly rub her shoulders.

“What time is it?” Ivy said, again not looking away from the screen.

“9:30 p.m. Have you really not checked?” Yoongi questioned pulling back so he could see her face.

“Then I've only been playing for about six hours and no, I haven't checked,” Yoongi simply shook his head at his wife before simply giving up.

“Alright. Don't stay up to late though okay? You still need to sleep, even if you don't have to work this week, arrasseo?” Ivy bobbed her head once and continued playing her game. Yoongi sighed and went upstairs to take a shower and relax for the rest of his weekend.



Yoongi had fallen asleep while watching a movie with Mariska. She had convinced him to watch a Disney movie with her to make up for the attention that she had missed out on that day and he had, of course, promptly fallen asleep. When he woke up the movie's title menu was looping back through and he could only assume that that's what had woken him up at this ungodly hour.

“What time even is it?” Yoongi grumbled as he rolled over slowly to look at the clock, trying not to wake up Mariska as he did. The clock read 4:50 a.m. He looked across the bed to see that Ivy wasn't there. He slowly stood up, deciding that he was far too thirsty to try to go back to sleep, and headed towards the kitchen. As he went down the stairs he saw the light from the TV in the living room.

Are you ING kidding me!? NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!” Ivy's voice wasn't necessarily loud but it was definitely not quiet. “How in the actual did Chris die?! That's not ing fair! Oh my holy ! ! !”

“Jagi! What the hell are you so upset about?” Yoongi said turning the corner making Ivy jump, almost dropping her controller. “Wait... Are you still playing that damn video game?!”

“Ne! And my favorite male character just died! What the hell!? Uggggghhhhhhh!!!!” Ivy sighed continuing the game without looking at Yoongi. He rubbed his temples and sighed, quickly realizing that she was far too gone into the game to get her out anytime soon. Surely she'd have to get tired soon right?

“Arrasseo. Don't make yourself sick, ara?” Yoongi said as he quickly turned to get his bottle of water from the fridge and head back upstairs to bed. On his way back up the hallway to their room he could hear the suspenseful music from Ivy's game and when the came he almost jumped out of his own skin. Jungkook's head popped out from his room, looking like a zombie from having just woken up.

“Is Eomma not asleep yet?” Yoongi shook his head and ruffled Jungkook's hair as he passed by to go downstairs to the living room.

“He really may be too much of a mama's boy. Where did he even get that from?” Yoongi shook his head one more time before heading into his room and laying down next to Mariska and going to bed.



“Appa... Appa... Appa! Wake up! We're hungry!” Taehyung's voice rang in Yoongi's ear, shocking him from his sleep. He opened his eyes and gave a glare to his strange son.

“What could you possibly want from me Taehyung?” Yoongi said sitting up slightly and wiping the sleep from his eyes.

“We're hungry Appa. Eomma's still playing her game and has said she'd make us food for an hour but she hasn't even moved. Jungkook's asleep on her leg, Mariska's here with you and Jimin hasn't woken up yet,” Yoongi got up and patted Taehyung's head, albeit a bit rougher than he meant to.

“Ara. Let's get the others up so they can eat too,” Mariska groaned as Yoongi shook her a bit to wake her up. She woke up after a bit of coaxing though. Jimin was up within a few seconds of Taehyung going into his room, Yoongi didn't even bother to ask how. As the clan made their way to the kitchen Yoongi decided to leave Jungkook where he was, he wasn't quite dumb enough to get that close to Ivy while she was playing. He didn't want to risk getting in her way and suffering her wrath.



Yoongi might not have been the best cook in the world but he was the only one in the house that Ivy allowed to be even remotely close to “her” kitchen. The kids had all had their own run-ins with a territorial Ivy and learned very quickly that they were not allowed to touch anything. Even Jungkook. Yoongi made a quick and simple breakfast for everyone, including Jungkook and Ivy who had yet to move.

“Jagi, your breakfast is getting cold. You might want to wake up Kookie and come eat,” Yoongi called earning a quick 'five more minutes' response from his wife. “Ara. Whatever you say.”

The other kids and Yoongi had finished their meal when Ivy finally stood up lightly shaking Jungkook awake before stretching out her sore muscles. She gave Jungkook a kiss on the head before walking into the kitchen, a look of irritation on her face.

Stupid game. Can't believe that just happened. How is that okay at all? Now I've gotta go back and redo everything. Gahhh! This !” Ivy grumbled before plopping down in her seat and beginning to scarf down her food.

“Jagi, have you slept at all?” Yoongi asked simply, washing the dishes in the sink. Ivy scoffed from the table shoveling some more rice into .

Sleep is for the weak,” Yoongi set the dishes down into the sink.

“Jagi, Korean? Please?” Ivy scoffed again.

“Ani, I haven't slept,” This time Jungkook spoke in reply.

“Eomma, that's not good for your health! What would we do if you got sick? We'd starve!” Jungkook ducked to dodge the sponge that Yoongi tossed at the poor boys head.

“Yah! Don't throw things at him! You know that he's right!” Ivy said chuckling a bit at the offended look Yoongi gave her.

“You're literally shoveling the food I cooked for us in your mouth right now! How does that make him right?” Ivy turned to give her husband a deadpanned look.

Babe, if I wasn't shoveling it in I might not be able to choke it down,” Ivy smirked at him and Yoongi huffed in reply.

“Last time I try to do anything nice for you,” He mumbled under his breath.

“You'll do nice things again because you love me and you know it,” Ivy said sending him a blinding smile while standing and bringing him her dishes. She kissed his cheek and gave him a back hug as he continued to do the dishes. “Komawo. The food was good.”

“Are you done with your game now? Can you go get a bit of sleep?” Ivy shook her head into his shoulder blade.

“Not yet. Besides if I go to sleep now I'll destroy my sleep cycle. I'll have to be up until at least four or five,” She felt Yoongi sigh.

“Ara. Just please don't overdo it like this again. It really worries me when you do things like this,” He turned and hugged her to his chest, leaning against the sink. “Jungkook make sure she goes to bed by five? Arrasseo? I give you permission to use the bunny eyes if she doesn't listen.”

“Ne, Appa,” Jungkook saluted his dad before Ivy could say anything.

“That's not fair! You know he's not allowed to use the bunny eyes on me! You're the one who made the rule!” Ivy attempted to protest but was cut off by a swift peck to her lips.

“Exactly. I made the rule therefore I can give him permission to break said rule,” Yoongi smiled evilly at her.



After five more attempts at getting everything she needed in the game, Ivy finally gave up and looked up a walk through so that she could be done with it. She was so tired and worn out that she could barely think straight. By four, she still hadn't managed to save a single character and she had only found four of the missing thirteen items she needed. She was irritated and almost on the verge of hysterical tears.

She swore to herself that this would be her final run through. Not to mention the fact that Jungkook was already starting to give her the bunny eyes and damn was it hard to say no to him when he did that. She worked tirelessly for an hour before finally getting to the end with ten minutes to spare and with all of the collectibles. She finally got to see all the bonus content before yawning widely. She was beginning to feel the exhaustion settling in.

“Ara, I'm going to go to bed now Baby Bunny. Do you want to come watch a movie in my room with me?” Ivy said stretching her arms above her head.

“Aniyo! No kids tonight! You're getting sleep. Now,” Yoongi said with a commanding tone.

“Then are you going to come cuddle with me?” Ivy gave Yoongi the cutest pout she could muster. He couldn't deny that she was almost on par with Jungkook's bunny eyes.

“After I make sure the kids are fed,” He answered pulling out one of the many delivery menus that they had in the house.

“Don't take too long, Babe,” Ivy said as she got up and made her way up the stairs to the room.



About an hour later Yoongi headed up to their room, tired from entertaining the kids all day. He knew he had sounded hard on Ivy earlier but he really did appreciate all that she did for their family and he knew that this was just her way of relaxing after having taken care of them for so long. She only really did this about once every two months and it was usually about the time she was ready to have a mental break down. That had only ever happened once but he never wanted to have to see her go through that again.

When he opened the door and the light from the hallway stretched across the bed, he couldn't help but smile. Ivy was spread across the bed, covering as much of it as was physically possible. She definitely wasn't a very ladylike sleeper but she still made sprawling out on the bed look cute. Yoongi quietly shut the door and quickly got himself ready for bed. He allowed himself one last moment to look at her before crawling into bed with her. Immediately she snuggled into his side, burrowing her nose into his neck.

“Mmm... Yoon... Gi...” Ivy mumbled.

“Jagi, You're the cutest when you talk in your sleep,” Yoongi smiled and kissed the top of her head. “Saranghae.”

“Ani... Win...” Yoongi turned to look at her with his brow furrowed before she continued to mumble. “Ani... Purple... Windigo...”

As Yoongi chuckled and shook his head, pulling his strange wife closer before falling asleep. Everything was right in the Jung-Min house.