How They Met

Life in the Jung-Min House

Ivy Jung didn't plan for 2 kids but that didn't mean she loved more than the other. No, she loved her son and daughter equally even if neither of them were biologically hers. You see, Ivy had adopted her son, Winter and only planned to have him. She had adopted him when he was only a few months old. Ivy's daughter, Mariska, started off as her goddaughter and Mariska's birth mother was Ivy's best friend. Ivy and Winter had moved to South Korea right after Ivy had gotten Winter because she was offered an ESL teaching job, her dream job. When in Korea, she befriended her neighbor who was also a single mother. She had three sons, twin boys and the youngest a year older than Winter. A man would come by her house every now and then, the boys calling him 'appa' but the neighbor had explained to Ivy that the man was her best friend that donated the needed to have her sons. Ivy later was introduced to the man, Min Yoongi. Ivy could tell that her neighbor was trying to set her and Yoongi up but she couldn't complain. Her life was going well until she got a call from the states saying her best friend and mother of her Goddaughter had died in a car wreck, leaving Mariska an orphan. Ivy took Winter and flew back to the states for the funeral. She was originally gling to fly back to the states in a few months for Mariska's 1st birthday party but was now going to watch her friend get buried. It was hard to believe that her best friend was now dead because the two had video called a few days before Ivy got that phone call. After the funeral, Ivy found out she was named Mariska's legal guardian. Instead of going back to South Korea with one kid, she was going with two.

Yoongi didn't plan to be a single-dad to 3 kids. He's not even sure how his best friend decied he would be good donor and a somewhat of a father figure to the future children. Yet, she did and Yoongi can't really change that. Yoongi's best friend was aual so wasn't her thing, at least when she was single which she has been all her life. But, she's always wanted to be a mom and feel what it was like to be pregnant. Yoongi had been her best friend since they were kids so Yoongi guessed that's why he was her first and only choice as donor. Yoongi had been very hesitant at first since he was a famous rapper in a group with 2 other rappers and they were gaining a lot of attention. But Yoongi was reassured that he wouldn't be needed much after the baby was concieved. He finally relented and donated for her and when she found out she was pregnant, he became a dad. Even though he had been told that he didn't have to, he tried going to every appointment. She was his best friend and regardless of her own busy schedule, would try to make all his events so he owed her this. He was there when they first heard the heartbeat and when they found out she was carrying twins. Yoongi swears that he didn't cry and only had an eyelash stuck, especially when they found out the twins were boys. He wanted to be there when they were born but he had a performance the day of. Right after the performance though, he was on his way to the hospital and to meet his sons. She had named them Jimin and Taehyung and Yoongi thought the names were perfect. He was more of an uncle to Taehyung and Jimin, an uncle they called 'Appa', since he couldn't be with them all the time. She had stuck to her word though and didn't ask him for much. She had a stable job with a very stable income and for babysitting, she had friends who were more than happy to do so. Yoongi would do it though when he could and was in their lives as much as possible. When Jimin and Taehyung were 2, she wanted another child and Yoongi didn't hesitate to donate his again. They went to her first check up together after finding out she was pregnant again and that's when they found out shattering news. She had cancer. It was in the first stage and could be stopped if she went through chemotherapy but that would mean killing the fetus and she wasn't about to do that. Yoongi wanted her to go through with the chemo because she had two sons already that needed her. They could try again when she was healthy, he had told her but she already loved the fetus just as much as she loved her two sons and she wasn't going to put it at risk. So, she went through the pregnancy, this one being much more difficult than the first. She had to take maternity leave toward the middle of her second trimester and Yoongi had her and the boys move in with his friend, Jin, so she was close by. She went into early labor at 7 months. Yoongi had gotten the call when he was in his studio, Jin telling him that they were going to the hospital and Hoseok, a rapper with Yoongi, was at the apartment with the boys. It was one of the rare times that Yoongi left in the middle of his work. He went straight to the hospital only to find Jin in the waiting room, his best friend in the operating room for a c-section. The baby was a boy and was named Jungkook. She had only briefly saw her newborn son before he was taken to the NICU where he stayed for two months. The cancer had weakened them both and Jungkook almost didn't survive but he did and Yoongi was made by his company to take time off while his best friend went through chemo so he could help with the baby and two toddlers. He witnessed his best friend go through what was probably the worst he's ever seen. He saw her throw up constantly, her hair fall out, how weak she was becoming, but she never lost a smile. She always told her sons how much she loved them. She tried her best to keep up with her two energetic toddlers and a just as energetic baby. The chemo did it's job and when Jungkook e, her hair was growing back and she was getting her strength back. A little bit after Jungkook e, a white single mom moved in next door with her baby boy. She was there for months before Yoongi got to formally meet her, thanks to his best friend who befriended the lady. Her name was Ivy Jung and she was from the U.S, working in South Korea as an English-language teacher. The two ladies got together a lot for play dates and Yoongi would sometimes tag along. He noticed his best friend's attempt at getting him and Ivy together. It almost worked, until Ivy had to rush back to the states for an emergency. When she came back, she had another child with her. His best friend helped her with getting used to raising two children around the same age at once and Yoongi and Ivy fell into a strange routine. His best friend and Jin were getting closer, romantically, so Yoongi didn't feel so guilty about being with Ivy and her now two children when he could. His three boys would join them a lot since Jungkook was close in age with Mariska and Winter. Ivy and Yoongi started going out when Jungkook was around 2 and Mariska and Winter were 1 and Jin was moving in with Yoongi's best friend. Everything seemed to be going perfect for everyone.

Until Yoongi's best friend collapsed one day while she was cleaning her apartment. Ivy wasn't working that day so she was home when a sobbing Jimin came to her door, saying his eomma wasn't waking up. Ivy rushed over with her children and ended up calling the ambulance when she couldn't get her to wake up. Ivy first called Yoongi after the ambulance came but it had gone to voicemail so she called Jin afterwards. She assured him that she could stay with the kids while he went to the hospital. By the time Yoongi called her back, Ivy had gotten Jin's text saying that the cancer was back, full force and chemotherapy or surgery might not work. They would prolong her life, but not by much. She only lived for five months before passing away in her sleep. Yoongi, Ivy, and Jin were devestated. Yoongi and Ivy had lost a very dear friend while Jin had lost who was probably the love of his life. After the funeral, Yoongi was given full custody of his sons and Ivy helped him to get used to being a full time dad.