Gigi and Papa

Life in the Jung-Min House

“Ppali! Gigi's waiting!” Jimin yelled as he and Taehyung ran and jumped into the back seat of the suv after loading their luggage in the trunk. Yoongi rolled his eyes and looked at Ivy.

“See? This is why we should have just moved your parents to Seoul,” Ivy smacked Yoongi's arm lightly.

“They never would have left, not with my brother's four kids still being here. Not to mention that they don't speak a word of Korean and that I still have to translate for not only you but the kids sometimes too,” Yoongi sighed and turned to the suv that was now bouncing slightly from Jimin and Taehyung's excitement. Ivy smiled and handed her bag to Yoongi who loaded the rest of the luggage into the rental. She quickly rounded the suv and got into the drivers seat and adjusted it before starting the engine. She quickly hooked up her phone so that she could start her Kpop playlist and Yoongi sighed when he got into the passenger's seat.

“Jinja, Jagi? We're in America, why don't we listen to a bit of the music here?” Ivy looked up at him with a small smile.

“You know the rule Yoongi. Driver picks the music, passenger shuts his cake hole,” When she finished speaking she reached over and tapped his nose with her index finger. “Boop the snoot.”

“Dad how is it that you don't understand any English but her ridiculous Supernatural and meme references?” Mariska said after finally winning the fight with Winter about who was sitting in the front seat. Winter crawled into the back seat, sitting in the middle of a very excited Jimin and Taehyung with a scowl on his face.

“Because Eomma's references are funny pabo,” Jungkook said sticking his tongue out at Mariska.

“I wasn't asking you mama's boy,” Mariska shot back.

“Yah! It's thirty minutes to Gigi and Papa's house can you all just get along until then? And maybe be quiet?” Yoongi said turning to look at the kids who were finally all buckled in as the car began to move.

“Appa, when have we ever been quiet?” Jimin said cheekily making Yoongi sigh again.



The ride was raucous as usual and filled with the children's excitement. It had been years since the kids had been able to see their grandparents in the U.S so when the kids saw them they ran into their open arms. Jimin actually cried into his Gigi's shoulder and she patted his hair and cooed into his ears.

I missed you so much too, Jimin. How have you been sweetie? Still dancing?” Jimin nodded and beamed at her.

“Ne, Gigi,” With that Gigi ruffled his hair and Jimin ran inside to join the other kids.

Hey Mama. How have you been? I missed you,” Ivy quickly hugged her mom.

I've been pretty good. I had that surgery and was laid out for a month but I'm back on my feet now. Hi, Yoongi how are you?” Ivy's mom hugged Yoongi to her and he smiled at her.

I'm okay. How are you, Eomeonim?” Ivy's mom smiled at Yoongi's broken English, knowing he was trying.

Gwen-chan-o. Was that right? Is that how I say I'm alright Ivy?” Ivy smiled at her mom and shook her head.

No but you were close. It's gwen-cha-na,” Ivy said as she headed into the house. “Is Daddy still working?

Yeah he'll be at the shop until six. Why don't you and Yoongi go upstairs and take a nap? You two must be tired from your flight,” Ivy nodded at her mom and grabbed Yoongi's hand leading him upstairs to their room before pausing halfway up.

Are you sure that you'll be okay with the terrors?” Ivy's mom laughed a bit before nodding.

If I have any problems I'll send them to bother you two,” Ivy giggled and nodded again before continuing up the stairs with Yoongi, ready to take a nap and be kid free for a bit.

Gigi where Eomma?” Jungkook asked looking away from the TV that had captured the kids attention.

She's taking a nap with your dad right now. Are you kids hungry?” Gigi smiled widely as Winter, Taehyung, and Jimin nodded.

Can we have spaghetti and meatballs Gigi?” Mariska asked.

How about we have that for dinner tonight? What about some hot dogs for now?” Gigi answered with the ever permanent smile on her face. She loved seeing her grandchildren. They were her everything.

Can I just have fruit then?” Mariska said after she grimaced at the idea of hot dogs earning a nod from Gigi.

“I'm going to go take a nap with Eomma,” Jungkook said standing to head upstairs.

Mama's boy,” Taehyung said making Jungkook stick his tongue out at him.

Don't be mean Tae. Kookie is just like his mom. She used to hang onto me for dear life too,” Gigi said as Jungkook gave Taehyung a smug look before going up to Ivy and Yoongi's room. The kids started watching TV again as Jimin went to join Gigi in the kitchen.

Gigi, how's your back? I know it was hurting a long time,” Gigi smiled and pat Jimin's head.

You're such a sweet boy. I'm doing much better now sweetheart,” Jimin smiled brightly and hugged Gigi tightly. “Let me finish making food and we'll go watch a movie okay?”

Okay Gigi,” Jimin smiled and went to sit at the bar to watch Gigi cook. As soon as she was done and Jimin had eaten his hot dog, he and Gigi headed into her room where she laid down and Jimin cuddled up next to her.

Anything you want to watch sweetheart?” Gigi asked as Jimin shook his head.

Do you have any old movies?” Jimin asked as he looked up from Gigi's shoulder. Gigi wrapped her arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer. She quickly chose an old black and white movie and pressed play.

Jimin loved to watch old black and white movies with Gigi, he wasn't quite sure why. She had always watched them whenever he saw her and it had been how they bonded. Other than Winter and Mariska he spoke the best English of the kids so he could pretty much understand what was happening in the movie but he was more interested in just hanging out with Gigi.



The TV played through two movies while Jimin and Gigi had fallen asleep and they were woken up by Ivy who had sneaked a picture of the two cuddled up before waking them up. She gently shook her mother and Jimin awake letting them know that it was six thirty and that her dad should be home soon. They both woke up and rubbed the sleep from their eyes, for not having been related by blood they were ridiculously alike. Just as they were getting to their feet they heard the front door open. Ivy ran out of the room and went to give her dad a hug.

Hey Babydoll. Thought you forgot about us,” Ivy chuckled a bit at her dad and hugged him tightly.

Never forgot you Daddy. Just been busy with work and, oh I don't know, the five kids might be a bit of the problem too,” Ivy's dad laughed a bit before letting her go and looking over her shoulder.

Hello Yoongi. How have you been?” Ivy's dad shook Yoongi's hand firmly. Ivy's dad was definitely a very intimidating man and Yoongi had always been a bit scared of him, if he was being honest. It didn't really help that he didn't speak hardly any English.

Good Abeonim. How about you?” Yoongi smiled when he earned a proud smile from Ivy for his English. Ivy's dad chuckled and patted Yoongi on the shoulder as he headed into the living room to see his grandkids.

“Papa!” Winter yelled as he ran into his grandpa's arms. Mariska soon joined him giggling and squeezing as much of her grandpa as she could. All the other kids stood and bowed deeply.

Where's my hugs?” Papa said earning smiles from the kids who rushed to join in the hugs. They all giggled amongst themselves and Jungkook pulled off from the pack to go over and hug into Ivy's side.

He really is just like her. Are you sure he's adopted?” Ivy rolled her eyes at her dad.

He was already two years old when I started dating Yoongi, Daddy,” Ivy said with a slight eye roll. The family slowly made their way into the living room where everyone except for Jimin and Gigi sat down and started to talk, catching up on all the things they had missed over the past couple years since their last visit. Jimin and Gigi made dinner for the family, making jokes and laughing amongst themselves. Ivy looked over into the kitchen and smiled softly at the scene. Jimin was never really a Mama's boy but he was definitely a Grandma's boy and it really warmed Ivy's heart to see him getting the attention that he would never really accept from Ivy or Yoongi. Ivy had always wished she could have a relationship with Jimin, Taehyung, and Winter like she did with Jungkook but they just weren't as close. She kept watching with a mile on her face as Yoongi wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his side kissing her temple.

“We raised some really great kids, didn't we?” Yoongi ran his fingers through Ivy's hair, pulling her head to rest on his shoulder so that he could rest his head on top of hers as they watched the kids bond with their grandparents. They both smiled gently at each other before resuming their previous cuddling position.

“Yeah, I guess we did, didn't we?” Ivy pulled her legs up underneath of her as she snuggled a bit more into her husband.

Oh Ivy, Tony's coming over tomorrow. I think he said something about wanting to go to the beach,” Gigi said as she began to make plates for everyone.

Oh okay. Do I really have to go? I kind of just want to rest for a bit longer, the time difference is killer,” Ivy said with a slight groan.

Of course you don't have to. You're a grown adult, I just figured you might appreciate the offer,” Gigi said as she turned back to the task at hand.

If you want I can take the kids to the fair. I promised to go see Brooke, you remember her right? Her dad used to run the side show attractions?” Ivy grimaced a bit and smiled at her dad. She had never really gotten along with Brooke. The girl had an air of entitlement about her and it had always rubbed Ivy the wrong way but she wasn't actually a bad person.

If the kids want to go then I guess that's okay with us,” Ivy grinned at her dad and Winter and Mariska both cheered their agreement to go to the fair.

“Eomma? Can I go to the beach with Gigi and Samchon?” Taehyung asked, raising his hand like he was in school causing Ivy to facepalm at how special her son could be.

“Ne, Taehyung. You can go with Gigi if you want,” Ivy said with a slight eye roll making Yoongi laugh a bit at her.

“Me too, Eomma! I want to see Tony! And I want to spend more time with Gigi!” Jimin yelled with the brightest smile Ivy had seen on his face since he had been accepted into his high school. Ivy nodded her head and giggled when he did a little dance for joy in the kitchen.

Kookie, sweetie, do you want to go to the fair or come to the beach?” Gigi asked Jungkook who was working on trying to curl himself up into a ball onto Ivy's lap.

No, I want spend time with Eomma,” Ivy brushed her hand into Jungkook's hair.

Why don't you just give your Mom and Dad some time to relax and catch up with her old friends?” Gigi cooed at Jungkook who whined at the idea.

It's okay Mama. Baby Bunny can stay with us. It's not a big deal,” Ivy said making Jungkook nuzzle into her lap more.

“Tell me you didn't just okay Jungkook butting into all of our potential alone time,” Yoongi said with an exasperated sigh.

“Babe! He just wants to be with us! He's my Baby Bunny! What's so wrong with him wanting to be with us?” Ivy said turning to look at Yoongi's face.

“Well I was thinking that maybe with all the kids gone and your parents leaving us alone in the house we could, you know, have some alone time fun,” Yoongi whispered in her ear, making a shiver run down her spine at the thought. Ivy leaned up and whispered into his ear.

“We could see if the girls will keep an eye on him for a bit while we make a run to 'the store' and maybe get caught in traffic if you know what I mean,” Ivy kissed his ear lightly before leaning back and quirking an eyebrow at the man. He lifted his hand up to her cheek and rubbed circles into it with his his thumb.

“I love the way you think, Jagi,” Yoongi leaned in and gave his wife a prolonged kiss, earning two different gagging sounds, two 'awws', and one attempt to get in between the two. Yoongi took his hand off of Ivy's cheek and smacked Jungkook on his head trying to make him stop but that just made him more adamant. “Alright! Arrasseo! I can't wait until you have your first girlfriend so I can keep interrupting you two.”

“He'd have to learn to not runaway in fear every time a girl talks to him first!” Taehyung yelled making the other kids laugh and even making Yoongi crack a grin. Ivy reached down and gently pulled Jungkook into her chest.

“Ani! He is my Baby Bunny! He's not allowed to grow up like that! No girlfriends!” Ivy yelled making everyone laugh again. The house was filled with laughter, the Jung-Min family was doing just fine.