Halloween

Life in the Jung-Min House

(Halloween one-shot in February because thug life)

Halloween was the best holiday in the Jung-Min household...depending on who you ask.

"CUT IT OUT! DAAAAAAAD!" Ivy could only grin as she heard her only daughter, Mariska, cry out. She continued to prepare breakfast.

"Hahaha! You should've seen your face!" Taehyung laughed from behind the ugly mask he had on. "You got that, right Winter?" Said boy popped out from behind the coat rack he used to hide behind, holding up the camera.

"Got it, hyung!" Winter proudly proclaimed. Taehyung and Winter high-fived, Taehyung taking the mask off. Mariska screamed again, scaring her brothers.

"What? What is it?"

"Oh, it's just your face. I thought it was another mask." Mariska cheekily said before running away. Taehyung and Winter right behind her.

On the other side of the Jung-Min household, Jimin was going into the bathroom to fix his hair. As he stepped through the doorway, a wig fell on top of him. Jimim screamed, thinking the worst and all but fell into the tub, trying to fight the wig off of him. When Jimin finally saw it was a wig, he heard cackling.

"That was too funny! I can't believe you got scared of a stupid wig." Jungkook laughed, having set up the wig in the first place.

"Aish, you little, get over here, mama's boy!" Jimin forgot about his own hair as he chased after his brother.

It was chaos on Halloween and Ivy loved it...mainly because she was the one who started it. You see, every Halloween, Ivy had three targets to scare. Her two children, Jimin and Mariska, and her "brother-in-law" Hoseok. You would think they'd expect it to come since it happens every year, but they were just as easy to scare as the year before. She even got her other three sons to help in the scaring. Her husband was in neutral territory with it all since Jimin and Mariska ran to him whenever they were scared.

"Children, breakfast." Ivy called as she set the different dishes on the table.

"Mama, tell them to stop!" Mariska whined as she punched Taehyung on the arm and threw the rubber mask at Winter.

"Eomma! Hyung is going to hit me!" Jungkook ran straight to Ivy and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

"Eomma! I hurt my arm because of him!" Jimin pouted.

"Guys, breakfast is getting cold. Eat or you'll be late for school." Ivy kissed the top of Jungkook's head before sending him off to the table. She ruffled Mariska's and Jimin's hair as she passed them. Jungkook, Taehyung, and Winter stuck their tongues out at Jimin and Mariska who just glared at the three. Today was going to be a long day.

After breakfast, Jimin finished his hair and the others did what they needed to do.

"Mama, we're leaving now!" Winter called as the five Jung-Min siblings got their shoes on and backpacks off the shelf by the front door.

"Bye kids! Love you." Ivy called out as she got her things ready for work.

"Love you!" The kids called in unison before leaving the house.

The day went on as normal for the entire family. Yoongi was at his music label, preparing for the debut of a new girl group; Ivy was at a high school, different from her children's, teaching English; and the children were at school, attempting to get something out of these lessons. Later on in the day, Ivy was at home. School was over but some of the children had after school activities and wouldn't get home till later.

"Hey noona! How've you been? How are the kids?" Jin and Hoseok greeted Ivy with a hug before she let them in to the house.

"I've been good. The kids are good. So, tell me more about this recipe." Ivy lead the two into the house, Hoseok going straight into the living room to wait for food.

"You want something to drink, Hobi?" Ivy asked just before she went into the kitchen with Jin.

"Water please, noona." Hoseok grinned. Ivy nodded her head with a small smile before going into the kitchen. Jin excused himself from the kitchen to use the restroom before they got to work on the recipe.

Hoseok was playing a game on his phone when he thought he heard a noise coming from the decorative chest in the living room. He glanced over but when it didn't move, he shrugged his shoulders and went back to his game. It was quiet for a bit before the chest rattled again, a bit more violently this time. Hoseok jumped and nearly dropped his phone. He stared as the chest rattled, letting out a yell when the rattling became more violent. The chest finally stopped moving and Hoseok breathed out from relief, thinking he was in the clear. But then, loud banging came from the closet door that was in the living room. Hoseok full on screamed before scrambling up onto his feet, nearly crashing into the coffee table, the chest violently rattling again. Hoseok ran to the front door, fighting to get it opened. As soon as he got it opened, he wished he hadn't come this way when he saw the ghost standing there, reaching for him.

"Hoseok..." It creepily called. Hoseok screamed, feeling like he was going to pass out.

At this time, Yoongi was pulling up into the driveway when he noticed what was going on. He let out a sigh before parking the car and getting out.

"Hobi, it's just Ivy." Yoongi called, walking towards them. It was going to take a while to calm him down.

"Eomma, eomma! Did we do good?" Yoongi didn't even want to know how Jungkook and Taehyung have a hand in this.

Later, Jimin and Mariska returned home. They greeted their uncles, gave their brothers the stink eye, and then greeted their parents.

"Go change and wash up for dinner." Ivy instructed them after giving them each a hug. They went to their separate rooms, Mariska skipping into her room only to skid to a stop. She let out a scream before running- sprinting-back out to the kitchen where her parents were.

"Dad, there's a doll in my room." Mariska whimpered, clinging to Yoongi who gave Ivy a questioning look. Yoongi kept a comforting hand on the top of Mariska's head while he spoke.

"Why is there a doll?" Yoongi asked.

"One of my aunts from the states sent it to her. I thought it was beautiful." Ivy innocently said the mischievous look in her eyes told Yoongi otherwise.

"C'mon, let's go look." Yoongi sighed, trying to walk as best as he could to Mariska's room with her still clinging to him. When they got back to the room, the doll had moved from a sitting position on Mariska's desk to a standing position. That had Mariska screaming and Yoongi wishing he was anywhere but there at that moment. Mariska became hysterical when the doll's head began to move and even Yoongi was a little spooked. Yoongi threw a crying Mariska over his shoulder and hauled when the doll began to giggle.

Meanwhile, in Jimin's room, he had just finished taking a shower and was walking around his bedroom in just a pair of shorts. He was gathering his dirty clothes and getting his clothes  from his gym bag out so he could toss them all into the hamper he kept in the closet. He had his pile and opened the door only to scream and drop the clothes when he saw the girl from the Ring movies standing in the middle of his closet, arms reaching for him.

"Appa!" Jimin cried out, running out his room and straight to Yoongi. Yoongi was now in the living room, trying to comfort and console two of his children while his wife and three other sons laughed. He really hated Halloween.

The rest of the day went without anymore serious shenanigans. Aside from the occasional jump scare, Mariska and Jimin were fine. They didn't go as far as one foot away from each other or Yoongi, Hoseok also sticking close to the man since he was the only one on their side at the moment. Eventually, it was time for bed, Yoongi's favorite time of the day. He enjoyed an undisturbed sleep and felt it was much deserved after today.

Yoongi ended up waking up in the middle of the night to go pee and he never felt so angry. He stomped into the bathroom, did his business and then stomped back out only to have a scare of his own. He didn't expect to see Mariska sleeping in his and Ivy's bed. When did she get there?

"Ivy, your daughter's here." Yoongi shook his wife awake to notify her of his discovery.

"Why is she my daughter?" Ivy groaned, not too happy to be woken up.

"Your daughter before 5 a.m." Yoongi deadpanned before getting back under the covers. Ivy merely sighed before throwing and arm over the sleeping girl. Ivy and Yoongi went back to sleep without a hitch, only to be woken up again by Jimin.

"Eomma, appa...can I sleep here?" Jimin pouted, clutching the hem of his shirt.

Ivy sighed before reaching over and smacking Yoongi's arm. "Your son." She sighed.

"Why is he my son?" Yoongi grumbled, already making space for Jimin.

"Your son before 5 a.m." Ivy smirked, running a hand through Mariska's hair.

"C'mon, Jimin." Jimin let out a quiet yipee before getting into the bed. He snuggled close to Yoongi, Yoongi throwing an arm over him. Jimin wasted no time in going back to sleep and just as Ivy and Yoongi were going to do the same, Hoseok waddled in.

"Hyung, noona, can I sleep here? I'm scared." Ivy and Yoongi sighed in unison before Ivy lifted a hand and gestured to the couch that was in their room. Hoseok hurried to the couch, happy to not be alone in the creepy living room.

"This is your fault." Yoongi quietly grumbled.

"I have no regrets." Ivy proudly but tiredly said.

The couple finally went back to sleep, happy to get back to dreamland and expecting no more interruptions for the night when Jungkook came in. He crawled onto the bed and gently lifted Ivy's arm from Mariska, only to shove Mariska aside and take her spot.

"My eomma." Jungkook stuck his tongue out at a groggy Mariska before snuggling into Ivy's side. Yoongi had woken up to the jostling and saw the whole thing. He only sighed before lifting his arm and gesturing for Mariska to come closer. Mariska quickly curled up to Jimin, smiling when she felt Yoongi's arm get thrown over her as well and she quickly went back to sleep.

"Good thing we got a big bed." Yoongi said to no one in particular. It was just another day in the Jung-Min household.