Closure?

Behind These Hazel Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring – 3rd year Middle School

 

She’s crying out loud now. I just rubbed her back to calm her and smiled a bit when she did not react violently. I went to get her a glass of water.

“Here” I hand her the water. She’s only sobbing now. I sat beside her and wiped her tears with my hanky. She’s just staying still and it made me have hope. When she only have hiccups, she grabbed the glass of water and drank it.

 

“Where have you been? I was looking for you” I asked her shamelessly

“Taiwan” she answered back

I didn’t know what to say anymore. There was silence until she spoke voluntarily.

“Let me speak. There’s are things I want to be cleared between the two of us. So don’t interrupt me.” She commanded

“Okay”

“I was diagnosed with depression before so my doctor asked me to move on. And to move on fast, I needed a closure with you. Because in the first place I never agreed with you. But on the other hand, we basically broke up. It’s just that I, not agreeing made myself not able to move on”

I was shocked and felt ashamed of myself. I did not know that would be the consequences of my immaturity.

“So to start, I’ll be honest with what I felt before. When you said I choked you, I was so hurt. I did not know that being jealous would make you feel breathless. I know I was overreacting but I was just scared that you’ll find someone to replace. You had a lot of girls surrounding you before.”

I did not know. I’m feeling worse with myself.

“I said I’ll change. But you never gave me a chance. When you had less time for me with all the night outs and partying you had, did I ever complain to you?”

I felt warm fluid rushing down my cheeks with the realization that I’m the wrong one but I am the one who asked for a break up.

She stood up and faced me. I looked at her. She’s not crying, I’m the one who silently cries.

“I don’t even cry now.” She paused a bit and I looked at her “I guess we’re really done.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter