Age 17- Save me

Where it all started
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Psychiatrist name was Dr. Kim .

" Just be yourself , " My Uncle advised .

Because myself was angsty enough to work its magic on Dr. Kim .

The fact that I was being forced to come here on every Thursday of every week for God knows how long really grated on my nerves . I treasured my newly found independence and now that was being taken away too . Finally , my name was called and I glanced at my Uncle but he barely looked up  from his phone , motioning with one hand for me to go .

No finally words for me as he paid all of his attention on his phone , probably texting his wife  . Without a sound , I stood  up but I didn't want to go but I knew that if I caused a scene right now , the consequences would be bad . Very bad and I couldn't afford Soojung witnessing the upcoming arguements if I rebel against this meeting now . I will put my sister first and I'm doing this for her , not for Uncle or Auntie . It's for her and our future .

I pushed open the door wide and stepped inside . Cautiously examined my surroundings , the room wasn't anything special . There was a big desk and three big chairs and a sofa as well 3 booksheves . A small woman who looked like she couldn't be older than twenty was sitting on one of the chairs ( she looked so young and youthful as well for some reason she resembled Taeyeon in a way ...) with a notepad and pen in her hands .

" You must be Sooyeon ," she said warmly , and extended her hand .

For a second I stared at her hand , before realising that I was supposed to shake her hand , " And you're Dr. Kim ?" I asked , hating this already.

" That's me , " she said with a smile exactly like Taeyeon's . Why can I see him in her ? So weird .. maybe I'm thinking too much . Anyway what are the chances of her being related to him , Kim is a common name , Jess .

I sat down and smiled slightly , the motion made my jaw hurt . I looked at her and analysed her , her hair was light blonde hair and cut in the trendiest fashion and her suit managed to be professional and stylish . She's completely different from the people that I have seen and for some reason I feel like the psychiatrist instead and she's like my patient . She doesn't belong here .

" A person like you , doesn't fit the title of being called a pyschiatrist espically the way you dress " I bluntly said to her , she didn't say anything nor told me off . She only grinned but I could tell she was watching me closely . She scribbled something in her notepad and I was desperate to know what , but I didn't ask . I didn't know what the proper etiquette was in this kind of situation , I crossed my legs and then uncrossed them , feeling widly out of place . But I kinda threw my etiquette out of the window when i said that statement towards her . Well done Sica , you already insulted your psychiatrist .

" Hmm , so Sooyeon - " she began

" It's Jessica ," I interrupted her , no one calls me  Sooyeon anymore expect my Uncle and everytime he calls me that I detest it but of course if I say anything it will cause another arguement so I stay quiet . After the death of my parents , I buried my name with name  along with them . Sooyeon died and now Jessica lives on . It's weird .... maybe I'm crazy by  having two identities .

" Alright , Jessica then . How are you ?" She stared at me like the next words out of my mouth would be the most interesting she'd ever heard .

" Umm, pretty good " I lied , to be honest I  really don't know how I really feel  right now and this situation . "You ?"

I cringed inwardly , realising how stupid that sounded but Dr.Kim smiled , " Very good , thank you . So many people forget that psychiatrists have problems , too ."

I could tell she was trying to relate to me somehow , though it was very subtle . " I bet " I said .

" So you're Uncle sent you here ?" she asked curiously , leaning forward .

" Yeah , " I told her , " Well him and his wife .. they think I'm depressed ."

" Do you think you're depressed ?"

I frowned at the question , " I don't know . I've never been depressed before , so I don't know what it's like ." She scribbled something down again , it irritated me . I craned my neck to get a look but there was no way I could see .

" How do I know I'm depressed ? " I asked , " Is there a test I need to take online? Pee on a stick ?

I could tell she was surprised , maybe she though I was going to be some quiet , teary little girl with no sense of humor and would spill all of my darkest secrets in one go  . This is Jessica Jung , the cold Ice Princess . Who never lets anyone in , do you think I'm that stupid to tell a stranger everything , she gets paid to care and listen to me and at the end of the session  they would say oh she got healed when in fact nothing happened  .

I wished that Dr.Kim would go up to Uncle and say " Why on earth did you think this girl needs theraphy ? She's absolutely fine . She doesn't need help ."

But I guess Dr.Kim would like to be paid . She said , " No , but you could make a lot of money if you invented something like that ."

I shrugged .

There was silence , I decided then that being a psychiatrist must be the best job in the world . Sit and let some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter