Age 17 - Closer to you Part 2

Where it all started
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He held her tightly for a long time , until she began to get tired and they sat down on the steps . They sat there for a long time , her head rested on his shoulder as she told him all of her untold feelings that she kept in for a long time . He held her while she cried , whispering reassuring words and caressing her shoulder in a calming manner .When she was finally done crying and getting sleepy , Taeyeon called his bestfriend and told him to bring the car . They climbed in the backseat and drove to her current house that she's staying in .

They then faced the dilemma of what to do when they got there . Taeyeon decides to go in with Jess to make sure she made it in safely . He also helps her quietly get up to her room so that they wouldn't distrub her guardians with her drunken state .He stays for a few minutes and had plans to leave once she gets settled , but she begs  him to stay with her . She grabs his hand and gazes up at him from her place lying on her bed under the covers and looks sleepily into his eyes ," Please stay Tae ... I-I don't think I'll be able to sleep if you go , " she said sadly . He looks at her and saw the sadness and hurt in her eyes - how could he not stay after seeing her like this .

" Okay Princess ," he whispers softly and phones Yul about the sudden situation and told him not to wait for him , Yul understood and left .

Taeyeon lays down on top of the covers next to her and she crawls into his open arms . Jess fits her head into his shoulder and melted into his chest , breathing in his musky scent and feeling at home for the first time in years .

" Jess " he calls her name softly as he plays with her hair , " It's going to be okay . I'm here now ... you're not alone anymore ."

It took her a few minutes to reply back to him , " Tae .... they hate me don't they ?" she asks him with tears forming in her eyes once again .

He kisses the crown of her head before replying back to her ," Don't be silly Sica , they could never hate you . They loved you dearly ." The tone of his voice was firm , how could anyone not love her ?

" It's my fault that they died . It's all my fault Tae "

" I would never thought  a clever girl like you would say something so stupid . It wasn't your fault Sica . You weren't the person driving the car , you weren't  drunk . You were in the car with your parents and then that stupid drunk man lost ing control and hit your car . He caused this mess not you "

" If only ... I didn't beg my parents to take me out on that day . They would be alive Tae if I-I didn't beg them  "

" Jessica ... it happened and we can't change the past so don't dwell on it and your parents wouldn't want to see their daughter like this , drowning in her own misery when in fact it wasn't your fault . It was his fault . Not yours ... so don't you dare say it's your fault ."

Tirdness was kicking in and slowly she drifted off to sleep to the rhythmic and soothing sound of Taeyeon's breathing .

~Next Morning ~

She slowly opens her eyes to the unwelcoming sight of bright light streaming through her window and of course the one day where she forgot to close the blinds happens to be one of the rare days of Sun . Jess closes her eyes to the blinding sunlight and sighs in content . She was warm , much warmer than usual and silently thanks the too bright sun for warming up her room . She was relishing in the rare and pleasant heat , until an arm wraps around her waist and pulls her closer to a soft and warm chest and  a head buries deeper into her hair as a breath of warm air was expells onto her neck .

Slowly and carefully , she turns her head only sightly not to awake him , but needing to get a glimpse of his face to register that this was real . To make sure that  she wasn't dreaming ... he really was there . 

No ! It's not real , it can't be . Your still dreaming , Jess. He's not here .

As she gazes into his handsome face that he calls it , slowly she remembers the events of the previous night .

A Party A couple drinks Her confession about her real feelings .

OH , she thought . She messed up big time !

" Get out !!  " Jess yells with force but very little sound , terrified to wake up her aunt and uncle since it's their house that she's staying in . " Oh my god , what if they see you here ? They didn't see you last night ... wait did they ?  Holy .. I'm going to be in so much trouble . "

Taeyeon saw the panic on her face and grabs her shoulders to steady her and calm her down , " Hey , hey princess . Relax okay . They were asleep by the time we got here and I texted them for you so they would think you were sober and told them you'd be home late ."

She sighs and put her face in her hands , relieved that he did that for her , " Oh my God , thank you shortie but you need to go now . Wait , how are you going to leave without them seeing you ? " she whispers , starting to panic again .

" Shortie " he repeats what she just called him , " Well princess is this the thanks I get ? Last night you called me lover boy and now you call me shortie " 

did I call him that ... lover boy ? Wow I must of been really drunk "

He notices the confuse look on her face and laughs  , " Is it that hard to choose a nickname for me ? Hey no need to slap me princess ." He said while trying to soothe the pain where she just hit him , " Anyway I should go " . When he was looking decent and dressed he walks towards the door but before he could grab the handle a pillow flew  in the air and hit him on the back of his head ," Ouch princess what was that for ? If you didn't want me to leave you could of said so ." He made his way back to her and places the pillow back on her bed and opens his arms out for her , waiting for her to return in his arms once again .

 She looks at him like he was the stupidest person in the world , " What are you doing ? " she hissed at him when she felt his embrace but he remained silent as he wraps his arms around her waist " You need to go before they come in ! Please Tae ."

" I like hugging you princess , I really do " he whispers to her and the only thing she could do was sigh .

Don't get used to it Tae . Just don't I beg of you .

 ***

When Sunday finally rolled around Jess was still unsure of her plan to go about speaking to Taeyeon again and so she again refrained from talking to him . She was berating herself for  so stupidly getting drunk and making a fool of herself , doing what she thought was going to ruin the best friendship she'd ever had . Taeyeon on the other hand was constantly thinking about how to take the next step from friendship to something more in his relationship with Sica , and mistakenly believing that he had somehow messed it up when he took her away from the party the night before and stayed at her house .

Taeyeon was without a doubt driving his friends absolutely crazy . The youngest of the group , Yoong  was sympathetic , the only one able to understand Taeyeon's overwhelming love for Jessica even though it was weird to see their leader like this  acting like a  lost puppy .Yul was annoyed and angry , thinking that Jessica was stupid if she didn't realise how Taeyeon felt and pissed at the fact that it was taking so long for them to be happy together . Hyo , was just sick of hearing about Jess all the time from the leader's mouth . When will he ever shut up ?

 It was funny how they both thought they had done something wrong . Well , no in the moment  neither of them had thought it was particularly funny but one day they would look back on it and maybe laugh about how they had been so foolish as to think they had done wrong by the other . They didn't speak the entire weekend  , which was notably troublesome for Jess and unbearable for Taeyeon .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter