Age 16 - Where it all started

Where it all started
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Age 16 Where it all started

 

They say you don't know what you've got until its gone but in that moment , Taeyeon begged to differ . He hadn't known it until it was right infront of his very own eyes , throwing him off balance and holding him steady all at the same time . Her eyes , the most mesmerizing shade of brown , captivated and intrigued him . He had never understood the phrase " The eyes are the windows into the soul " until he looked into hers . He took in her long brown  hair , her rosy cheeks , her long lashes , her beautiful plump lips , he took in all her beautiful features .

He was facinated by her but she was confused he had never spared her more than a glance before .

So what made him look at her now ? What made him like this ?

When he finally managed to blurt out a greeting after spending a long time looking at her , the look she gave him was quite the opposite of the friendly  smile on his face .

" Can I help you ? " she asked in a irrated voice not understanding why he was speaking to her .

" Umm , You ... I umm .... " he was forced to think quick ," Do you have the notes from the lessons that I missed ? If so I would be honoured if you  would allow me to borrow them as you can see I'm really far behind compared to everyone else ."

" Yeah ... sure ," she replied , pulling her notebook out of her backpack and wondering why Taeyeon was acting like he cared about school . This shortie never cared about school one bit before  .Why now ?

Taeyeon , on the other hand was trying to remember things about her but all he can come up with was school . He had no clue about her life outside school . He could only remember her reading a book , a fancy book it was and how she did her homework when everyone else was busy talking in the class room.

" So , do you like it ? " he asked , nodding towards the book in her hands but because she had been staring at her book she had missed his nod and was slightly confused and irrated by his question .

" Do i like what ? " she asked sharply , finally turning to look at him again .

" The book . That you're reading . In your hands ," he said , his short sentences getting slower as she just looked at him with bored expression on her face .

" Yeah , " she replied and turned back to her book and that was it . No elaboration . No discussion , just a quick affirmation and she was done talking to him .

Understanding that being harassed was not exactly what she wanted at the moment , Taeyeon backed off and decided to think of ways to learn more about her and get her to talk to him . He was slightly frustrated at the fact he couldn't look at  her without a certain amount of creepiness accompanying  the action but he felt calm just  by feeling her presence at his side . When the bell rang , she was relieved and he was dissappointed but they parted ways with a brief glance and a small smile . He watched her walk away in the sea of students rushing to their next class but before she could turn the corner and disappear out of his sight , the annoyed face of his best friend had blocked his line of vision .

" Oh no , don't tell me ! " Yul said , catching a glimpse of his best friend's adoring gaze . Taeyeon just smiled not caring that he looked like a lost puppy.

***

She's capable of making friends if she tried and  able to find someone to sit with at lunch  but she peferred  to sit by herself , a good book always made a pleasant company . It amused her in a way because everyone always thinks that the loners are people who are inept at making friends , losers who are too different to fit in with the crowd . But in fact , most people who eat alone choose to , not because they don't know hoe to talk to other people but because they have been in a group before and it just didn't work out for them .

She was tired .

She always seemed to be tired , maybe that's why she sat by herself . No she was tired of pretending , faking smiles and acting like she was interested in the latest gossip around towns and it was always the same old gossip , bad mouthing each other and acting like everyone are friends when deep down they hate each other . She was tired of living that type of world where she had to pretend in order to fit into society  .

But most of all , she was tired of caring what people thought of her .

So instead of pretending , she eats alone and reads a book at lunch . Everytime she reads or writes , it relaxes her to immerse herself in an imaginary world and of course being occupied with a book generally keeps away wandering people who have a desire to talk to her .Just like any day , she had her Ernest Hemingway book in her hand ready to immerse herself but then she saw someone approach her table out of the corner of her eye . She kept her gaze on the book and hoped that they would take the hint that she wanted to be alone .

Alone . Time .

" Hi , err can I sit here ? "

She glanced up to see Taeyeon standing behind the chair across her and a small smile on his lips , " Whatever it's not I like I own this table , " she replied in a blunt tone and returned her attention to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter