Chapter 9: The Song

Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dance team has been practicing everyday as the event will be on that weekend.

 

“Are you sure about this? Will you have enough practice? I don’t want to either of us being sick.”

“Yeah. I’m sure we can do it. Don’t worry.”

“Okay. But please don’t push yourself too hard. Okay?”

“Okay. We will be fine. Really.”

“This is the only chance we have. It’s not the last though, but we not going to wait any longer.” Those words put a smile on each of them.

 

 

Tzuyu takes a glance on the Japanese squirrel. Her hold her fists, trying to calm her raging heart. That Japanese girl was happily chatting none other than with the suitor, Mark. Sana noticed that an eyes watching her so she looked around and met Tzuyu’s eyes. Tzuyu showed a poker face and looked away. Tzuyu went away with Chaeyoung tagging along.

“Tzuyu-ah..” Chaeyoung grabs Tzuyu’s wrist. Tzuyu just looked at Chaeyoung without any expression.

“You should talk with her.” Chaeyoung said, worried about Tzuyu.

“There’s nothing to talk.”

“Yes. There it is. You been avoiding her.”

Tzuyu sighed. Chaeyoung was right. She’s avoiding the Japanese girl.

“I don’t want to.” Tzuyu stubbornly said.

“Tzuyu-ah, we are worried about you. You been acting weird for these past few days. You really need to talk with her. I know you avoiding her because of Mark. We heard about the confession. She rejected him.”

Chaeyoung scanned Tzuyu’s reaction, but Tzuyu did not seemed shocked.

“I know. It just that I cannot face her now. She left me hanging, confused. It’s hurt, Chaeyoung-ah.” Tzuyu sighed. Chaeyoung already knew about the kiss.

“It clearly a rejection, Chaeyoung-ah. I just can’t.”

“How do you know she rejected you? Maybe she was shocked that time. You should at least hear her explanation.”

Tzuyu wish that Chaeyoung were right. She wish that maybe Sana really just shocked that time.

 

 

Saturday came and it is the day of their performance. There event is running smoothly. All performers are waiting at the back stage nervously.

“Girls!” Momo called her teammates for short gathering.

“We can do this. We been practicing this for more than a month now.” Momo trying to lit up everyone’s spirits.

“Yeah. We can do it!” Jihyo supported their leader.

Everyone look at each other and smile. They do some cheering before getting ready for their stage.

 

Tzuyu approach Chaeyoung and pat her back. Jihyo and Nayeon went to them.

“Are you sure you want to do it?” Nayeon asks Chaeyoung.

“Yeah. We been practicing that so I don’t feel like to back out now.” Chaeyoung responds, smiling. But the trio can see the sadness in Chaeyoung’s eyes.

 

Tzuyu take a glance to a certain Japanese girl and sigh. Nayeon take a glance to the taller girl who playing with the leader. Jihyo aware of her friends’ feeling and sudden thought come to her mind. She took a glance at that certain person and sighed. It will ever be.

“Let’s forget that for now. We should get ready for our dance performance.” Jihyo said, wanting to put her friends’ thought out of the love issue for that moment.

 

The dance team called Twice went to their stage and do their best for the performance. The loud cheers from the audiences make them feel happy. They done their stage and went to the reserved spots for them as audience. There will be a lot of performance after them. Jeongyeon looks at her team members but some of them was missing, or technically a certain bunny not there. Her eyes were looking everywhere but still, there is no sign of that bunny.

Few performances already done but still there is no sign of the four members. Jeongyeon and Sana already in a gloomy mood. Mina who sitting beside Sana lost in her own thought.

 

Where is Chaeyoung? Did she saw me here and decided to go somewhere else? Mina silently sigh.

 

Momo and Dahyun who saw their friends’ face, look at each other and smile. They knew about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter