Chapter 10: Realization

Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As their performance ended, they did not went into the hall but went to their team’s respective room. Before the four of them can take a seat and rest, the door opened hastily.

Tzuyu’s body stiffen by the sudden hug. Nayeon, Chaeyoung and Jihyo look at each other.

 

“We should go.” Jihyo said, walked out from the room with Nayeon and Chaeyoung tagged along.

 

 

“Umm.. unnie, can you please let me go?” Tzuyu requests politely. Tzuyu feel the person shake her head, hugging her tighter. Tzuyu can feel the warm liquid drop on her arm.

“Unnie… let.. me go? I can’t.. bre..athe..” Tzuyu hardly said the words as she feel the difficulty breathing.

Tzuyu can feel the hug loosen and she immediately takes a deep breath but she did not let the person took any step away from her. Tzuyu holds the person’s hands.

Tzuyu scanned the girl’s face. Clearly, the tears visible on the girl’s face. Tzuyu let go the hold and cupped the person’s cheeks, wiping the tears.

 

“Sana unnie, please don’t cry. I don’t like seeing you crying.”

Sana trying to holds her tears, but seems like she cannot stops the tears from flowing down. Tzuyu saw the Japanese girl’s attempt feel guilty. Tzuyu hug the latter.

“Unnie.. Please stop crying. It’s hurt me to see you crying.” Tzuyu said.

“I’m sorry.” Tzuyu continued.

They just stay like that.

 

 

 

 

 

“Nayeon-ah!”

Nayeon turned to the source of the voice.

 

“Minhyuk sunbae..” Nayeon bowed, respecting the senior.

“Your performance was really good.” Minhyuk showed his smile.

“Thank you sunbae.” Nayeon smiled back.

“It was like you were singing that song passionately. It that a confession? For your boyfriend?” Minhyuk asked, scratching his neck.

 

Nayeon shocked by the sudden questions, so she responded quickly.

 

“No, no.” Nayeon said, shaking her head. Nayeon started to feel uncomfortable.

 

Minhyuk smiled widely by the answer.

 

“So you don’t have a boyfriend?”

“I don’t.” Nayeon answered awkwardly.

“So I have a chance then?” Minhyuk tried his luck.

“W-wh-at??” Nayeon stuttered. She did not know to answer that. Luckily, someone come the rescue.

 

“I don’t think you have any chance, sunbaenim.”

 

 

“Jeongyeon-ah..” Nayeon said lowly.

 

“Well. She said she doesn’t have any boyfriend, so I think I still stand a chance.” Minhyuk smirked.

Jeongyeon took the words coolly as she responded.

 

“She does not have any boyfriend, Minhyuk sunbae. But she have a girlfriend.” Jeongyeon hugged Nayeon by the shoulder, pulling Nayeon closer to her. Her action hinting whom is she.

 

Jeongyeon’s words shocked both Nayeon and Minhyuk. Nayeon looked at the girl beside her, scanning her expression but found it calm.

 

“Oh.. I didn’t know that.” Minhyuk commented awkwardly.

Jeongyeon can feel Nayeon’s stares so she looked at the latter. Their eyes met and Jeongyeon just smiled sweetly.

“I will go now. I’m sorry and nice performance you did today.” Minhyuk said as he walked away.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon bowed, showing their respect.

As soon as Minhyuk’s presence was far from them, Jeongyeon pulled away her hand from Nayeon shoulder.

Nayeon immediately slaps Jeongyeon’s arm.

 

“Yah! Why did you say that?!”

 

 

 

 

 

After went out of the room, Chaeyoung went to the dance studio. The usual room she and the Japanese girl spending their time together. Chaeyoung went to a corner of the room and sat. Good thing is that she brought her sketchbook with her so she can take her time in that room alone. Chaeyoung just looked at the front cover of the sketchbook, hesitated to open it. That sketchbook bring a lot of memories to her especially when she watching the ballerina practicing. Chaeyoung opened the sketchbook and she took her time looking at the drawing she did on every pages.

First page, a drawing of a girl dancing. Chaeyoung remembers clearly that picture. The first time she saw the ballerina in the dance room.

Second page, another drawing of the girl dancing. And the next few pages. The drawing she did when silently watching the ballerina practicing.

Another page, the drawing of the side profile of the ballerina. She made the drawing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter