A gift from the past? No thanks, I'd like a refund please!

Spookily Yours~
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

                           


                                   That night went pretty fast for Jessica. In between the occasional moments of holding her breath to hear what Gu-me was doing in the backroom, To the occasional "trips" to the storage room to spy on him, She came to a conclusion that she was paranoid and there was a lot to do.  The clock read "10:00pm" above the entrance and Jessica shut down her computer. Gu-Me walked towards the front door, Grabbing his light jacket from the coat rack. 
                                  "We ended up getting a lot done today, Jessica. We make a good team." He smiled. Jessica Nodded and smiled back. "He was right. He was a big help. He did a lot for me today so that i wouldn't have to stress out later on in the week." She thought to herself.

                                 "Yes thank you, I appreciate it! You can leave if you want, I have to stay a little bit and clean up something here." After saying that, He lowered his head a little and spoke up softly. "I was hoping you'd  walk back with me. I was lost on the way here and now that it's night time, I am afraid i won't be able to find my way back as easy." He gave a half smile and his eyes pledged. She didn't have a chance to say no. At least in her nature she couldn't.

                                  She decided she'd worry about the issue tomorrow and just go home. It was late and she was hungry. "Yeah, Sure i don't mind. Just let me get my jacket and i'll show you. I don't drive though I took a bike. So i hope you don't mind walking?" He smiled, His dimples showing More deeply in the shadow from the Exit sign above him. "Thats okay, I didn't drive here either. I haven't received my drivers license since i came here from South Korea. " 
                                    Jessica said "Oh" And With that, She finished up and they left the building. The wind was more breezy tonight then usual, reminding Jessica how rewarding it was to grab her jacket before she had left her apartment. It was spring still so it wasn't as warm as she'd like it to be. Locking the front door and testing it, Jessica grabbed her bike around the corner to push home. Gu-me was standing at the front door when she returned, his eyes on her and a blank expression. She sighed and gave him the sign to follow. 

                            "You know you don't have to walk, You could take a taxi?" Jessica asked curiously, slowly walking down the street. Jessica felt awkward. She didn't know what to say and it was already five minutes of silence. She looked up at him and he was looking forward, a blank expression still on his face. Only after a minute did he answer. 

                             "I actually wanted to spend time with you, Jessica. You seem so familiar to me. I don't know why but you do. Like I've known you my whole life". Jessica, Slightly surprised by his response, didn't respond so he continued. "I actually came here for a mini vacation to get away from the stress. I have some friends that live here so i came here on a whim, but when i met you earlier i feel like it was fate."

                              Jessica stopped in her tracks. Unsure what he was going on about, she stared at him. " Why are you saying all this. I don't know you. I don't know who you are. This is really too much for me." She wasn't sure what face she was giving him, But his face must of reflected that. It was askew with thoughts and worry. He said something in Korean and looked away. Jessica felt bad. She, was in her personal opinion, a train wreck these days. She looked away.

                              "I'm sorry Gu-me. I just haven't been myself lately. I feel like everything is moving so fast and i can't keep up. I miss being and living normally." Jes

Please log in to read the full chapter