Runner 22

Run to You

 

Boram’s POV

Does she hear that?

I look at Eunji unnie again. All I can see is her poker face. I sigh quietly. It’s like forever we just sit on this bench without any of us saying anything.

Should I say something first? Why this situation makes me so nervous?

“Do you really like him?”

I turn my head really fast at her question, “Huh? What are-are you saying unnie?”

I feel like a crap as she turns her head to look at me. Those eyes… I can’t look at them. “Do you really like Youngjae?”

Crap! She hears it!

I feel like my heart stops beating as look at her for a while then lower my eyes. There’s no going back Boram!

I nod weakly but soon startle as Eunji unnie says with a high voice, “Say it! I want you to say it.”

“I like him… I-I like Youngjae sunbae but-” my words quickly cut off by her sudden movement. She abruptly stands up while looking straight. “I thought you’re different… I guess I really the one who was wrong to trust you in the first place…”

My heart breaks at her statement. “But unnie I never-”

“Stop calling me that! I feel sick of you calling me like that!” anger fills her words but I quickly approach her, “Unnie… please let me explain it to you.” She does not even give me a look while turning her heels and leaves me alone.

~~~~~~~~

I just sit on the bench, do not bother to move. I feel numb. Inside and outside. I take my camera as I scroll through the photos one by one. A few tears come out from my eyes. Why it has to be like this? I furiously wipe my tears away from my cheek. I really feel like crap…

What should I do now?

A ring from my phone draws my thoughts away as I take it from my bag and see the caller ID, Inyoung’s name appears. I suddenly remember that I have made her wait for me to see Youngjae’s oppa. Right, Youngjae oppa, now I really think that I can not meet him at this state. After my encounter with Eunji unnie I feel discouraged to see him even though I really want to.

After having a deep breathe to sound normal I quickly answer her call, “Inyoung-ah I’m sorry I will-”

Feeling like a thunder hits me hard as I hear her shaky voice I quickly stand up on my feet, “What?! What are you talking about?” I can not believe what I am hearing right now; faint… youngjae sunbae… hospital...” I still can not grasp of what Inyoung is saying on the phone. I blink my eyes feeling shocked then without thinking I run fast to go out to the parking lot where Inyoung says she is waiting for me.

When I arrive I quickly search for Inyoung. Then I turn my head to the left as I hear someone calling my name, “Boram-ah! Here… hurry up!”

Inyoung waves her hand to me then I run to her direction. As to my surprise, Eunji unnie’s face is the first one I see. Inyoung quickly opens the passenger door to me, “Come on.”

I hesitant to go in to the car since it is Eunji unnie’s car. Before I could do anything, Inyoung drags me in then closes the door. “Okay, we are set now.”

~~~~~~~~~

The atmosphere in the car is really tense even though the air conditioner is on but I still feel suffocated. I glance to the side to see Jaebum is leaning his head on the backrest while closing his eyes then to Inyoung who is sitting in the middle. I want to ask something but can not say it because of the tense atmosphere. I nudge her knee to draw her attention. She turns her head to me then mouth ‘what’. I guess she feels it too since she does not let out any voice.

I take my phone then quickly type it, ‘What happened?’

Inyoung’s phone rings as to our surprised. All eyes are on her. She pretends to cough then quickly takes it from her purse and when she sees it is a text from me she frowns but then chuckles.

A message came right away, ‘Youngjae sunbae suddenly fainted when he came back from toilet. Jaebum oppa said that before he went to the toilet, he said he felt dizzy and his legs felt really hurt.’

I gasp as I am reading the text. Inyoung gives me a sympathy look then she takes my hand, trying to support me. Inyoung quickly opens her phone again, then a few minutes later a message comes to my phone.

‘Don’t worry he is in ambulance with Mr. Lee besides we are going to the hospital too’

I let out a relief sigh but the uneasiness is still there. Then a new message appears, ‘Anyway, what were you talking with Eunji sunbae earlier? And why your eyes look swollen?’