Runner 11

Run to You

Boram’s POV

“Huh? What?”

Inyoung all smiles and touches her cheeks, feeling shy. Then she nods and says, “You hear me… Jaebum sunbae and I are couple now”

I’m surprised to hear it, “I know something’s going on between you two but I don’t know it’ll be this fast…”

She frowns, “You aren’t happy? I thought you’re my friend”

I chuckle, “Hey, I haven’t finished yet… of course I’m happy for you. You look so happy when seeing him and blushing all the time when he’s looking at you. I know you’ve fallen to him”

She smirks, “Like what you do towards Youngjae sunbae, right?”

I want to protest but then can’t think of any words. Am I like that? “At least you make it, right?”

Inyoung’s face looks sad suddenly, “I’m sorry Boram, I don’t mean to-“

I interrupt her while smiling, “It’s okay. I know you mean no harm to me.” She smiles then hugs me. “Congrats Inyoung-ie, I’m happy for you”

“Thank you. You’re the best, Boram”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaebum sunbae comes to my class when the class is over. I tell him about what Inyoung told me before, with a shy smile he nods and thank me for congratulate them. I grin ear to ear seeing their shy smiles. A new couple was born, indeed.

“Come with us to celebrate our dating”

I look at them in turn then shake my head. “Nope, but thank you. I won’t be a third wheel”

Inyoung nudges me. “Ya! I won’t ignore you, besides Youngjae sunbae will come as well, right?” She turns her head to Jaebum sunbae.

“Ummm, I haven’t asked him yet actually. He’s so busy today.” Inyoung pouts and folds her arms, maybe feeling annoyed. Jaebum sunbae then quickly continues, “… but of course we should ask him. I think he’s in the field right now.”

Inyoung smiles then winks at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry I can’t today. I have something to do”

“What are you going to do?” Jaebum sunbae asks Youngjae sunbae. We’re in the sideline. Youngjae sunbae prepares to practice running.

Youngjae sunbae raises his eyebrow, “What are you? A detective?”

Jaebum sunbae scoffs, “Yes I’m, cause you have a lot of secrets to hide from me”

Youngjae sunbae chuckles, “Someone is in his period right now”

Inyoung and I chuckle hearing it. Jaebum sunbae nudges Youngjae sunbae. “Don’t make fun of me in front of my girlfriend, will you?”

Youngjae sunbae pats Jaebum sunbae’s shoulder, “I’m happy for you Jaebum-ie.” He turns his head at Inyoung, “And you too, Inyoung-ie… but I really can’t go today”

“Okay, how about tomorrow?”

He rubs his chin, “Hmmm, tomorrow? I don’t-“

Jaebum sunbae interrupts his words, “If you say no, I swear I’ll tell the whole school your embarrass secrets”

Youngjae sunbae cuckles, “Dude, I think I have more to tell”

Inyoung and I laugh seeing Jaebum sunbae’s face. He looks defeated. Youngjae sunbae raises his hands, “Okay, I’ll go with you tomorrow, I promise”

After talking for several minutes we say goodbye. When passing the school’s gate, I see a car stops in front of our school. Eunji unnie comes out from the car then walks towards the school. I sigh, I think I know why she’s coming here. There’s only one reason, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youngjae’s POV

After having the extra class for preparing my exam, I straightly walk to the field. Mr. Lee, my coach looks like relieved when seeing me come to school. Of course, he scolds me first and asks if I’m serious to take the part. I nod then say sorry to him. He sighs then asks me to warm up first. Jaebum, Inyoung and Boram come when I’m having my warming up. Jaebum asks me to come with them to celebrate his dating with Inyoung. I say I can’t as you know after this, I have to go to work. Boram asks about the kimchi her mother gave to me yesterday night, it‘s delicious. My uncle looked really happy when eating them yesterday. After they saying goodbye, I go back to the practice.

After finishing the practice I go back to my spot, feel really exhausted. I look for my mineral bottle near my bag, but I can’t find it.

“Looking for this?”

I turn my head, there Eunji is standing while shaking my mineral bottle. She smiles then handing me it, “Here. You must be tired, right?”

I take the bottle without answering her. She looks sad while looking at me. “How are you? How about your legs? Have you gone to-“

I cut her words off, “Cut the crap!” I look at her fiercely, “What do you want?”

She looks surprised but then looks down. I think I see a single tears comes down her cheek.

She answer me with stuttering, “I… I miss you Youngjae… I miss you so much”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Okay, I'm sorry for the long waiting. I think I need to tell you (of course) what's the problem between Youngjae and Eunji, so I have to take it from Youngjae's POV. I'm going to reveal (maybe all or one by one) in the next chapter XD