Runner 18

Run to You

Nobody’s POV

Junhong stops her by holding her shoulders and looks at her with unreadable expressions. “Boram, actually I-…”

“Sunbae! That’s Youngjae sunbae!” Junhong couldn’t finish the sentence as suddenly Boram pulls him aside to hide from something or rather someone. “What’s wrong?” Junhong tries to see what makes her so surprised like that. Boram quickly pulls his body again. “Sshhh!...” Boram tilts her head but manages not being caught, “What is he doing there?”

“Who are you talking about?”

Boram turns her body then leans on the wall. She sighs as she runs her fingers to her hair, “What am I doing right now? Why do I have to hide?”

Junhong looks at her dumbfounded. She doesn’t even answer his questions. She just rambles what’s in her mind. Junhong tries to peek again. There he just saw some people passes by. He furrows his eyebrow, “Boram ah, what’s wrong?”

It takes her a few seconds to straight up then turns her body, “Do you see the one who is wearing the red cap in that shop?”

Junhong quickly looks for that person. He nods as he finds him. The person is smiling while giving a menu to some customers. “That waiter? What’s with him?” Junhong looks at her confused.

“He is….” She is confused for a moment, what’s wrong with her? Why just seeing him made her heart hurt?

You already hurt me Boram

Then the words suddenly rings in her head. She is just quiet makes Junhong even more confused. “Ya! What’s wrong?” he shakes her shoulders. “Did he do something bad to you? Tell me! I will…”

Boram quickly cut him off by tugging his shirt then looking up at him, “Can we just go?”

The looks from her face made him speechless. She looks really sad. It’s the first time since they’ve met, that Junhong sees her like this. He sighs, “Okay, let’s go.” Boram holds his hand which made him widens his eyes, he looks at their entangled hands then to her face, “Not there… this way.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So do you want to talk about what happened just now?”

Boram looks up at him slowly. “That… I don’t know what to tell you first.”

Junhong gives her a small smile, “Okay, how about I give you question then you answer it, got it?”

Boram nods as she smiles. “Who’s the guy? The one who is wearing the red cap? Do you know him?”

She nods, “Yes, he’s my sunbae and he’s my model.”

“Ah, so he’s your model?” Junhong tsks while folding his arms, “You really have a bad taste for choosing someone to be your model.”

Boram quickly hits his arm. “Aww that’s hurt!” Junhong whines while rubbing his arm. “You deserve it, brat!” He chuckles, at least he succeed to change her mood. “So, what’s with him? Why do you have to hide from him?”

“It’s… I … I hurt him.” The words sounds bitter even from .

With that answer, Junhong quickly looks at her, curiosity takes his mind. “Huh? Hurt him? How can someone small like you could hurt a guy?”

Boram groans while giving him a dead glare. “Can you not being a brat for a minute please? I’m serious right now!”

Junhong gives her a defeated sign by taking both his hands up, “Sorry ma’am. Please continue!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Junhong takes her home, Boram is in her room right now. She lays on her bed while staring up to the ceiling. What Junhong said then sounded true. She rolls her body to the side. Even when she didn’t want to acknowledge it, deep down in her heart she knew that she’s just being a coward. She wants him to be happy but she’s crossed her line by saying those lines to Youngjae.

He’s right… who am I? I just know him for a couple of months, but why did I insist to make him and Eunji unnie to be together again?

Because he sacrificed himself to help her.

Because his love for her was so big.

She groans while sitting up. What should she do right now? This messed up situation happened because of herself. She wanders her eyes as she takes the calendar from her nightstand. She looks at the circled date. The next two days is Youngjae’s match. It’s his last match like he’s said to her. Then her minds recalls what Youngjae’s uncle has asked her a few days ago.

Will she come to the match?

But the most important thing is does he want her to be there?