Runner 21

Run to You

Nobody’s POV

The sound of a whistle is starting the match then is followed by the screaming of  the names of the participants by the audiences who are watching it as slowly but sure all the runners are running as fast as they can to reach the finish line.

“Took you so long Boram-ie.”

Boram gives Inyoung a little smile as she apologizes for being late. “Sorry.”

Then their attention is on the field again. Boram can feel the excitement as it’s her first time to be on this kind of sport match. She quickly takes her camera and focuses on one runner who caught her attention since the first time they met and also gave her a little smile then.

Boram touches her heart. That little act of Youngjae could make her heart throbbed like crazy. It’s the first smile he showed her since they did that ‘silence’ thing between them. It’s a total lie if she says she doesn’t miss the old times where they could talk, laugh, joke etc to each other but she couldn’t blame it to him since it’s her who started this.

There’s no way he gave that smile to me... you’re just being halucinate Boram.

Crap! I do it again! No more! Focus just focus for taking the pictures of him right now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of people screaming is more louder when the runner slowly gets to be near the cross line. Youngjae is currently in the third place. Boram’s heart is beating faster as she watches the match.

God! Please! Please let him win!

Then the sound of whistle ends the match. Boram just sits there as an overwhelmed feeling slowly wraps her mind. The hugs from Inyoung startles her as she looks at her friend. “He did it! Youngjae sunbae did it! I’m so happy for him.” Then a huge smile quickly appears from Bora’s face as she hugs her back. Jaebum also looks so happy as he tosses his hand around to other people there. As Inyoung lets go of Boram, Boram can’t hide her smile as she claps her hands feeling that overwhelmed feelings comes back but this time is bigger and stronger cause she can’t believe what she watches. Youngjae wins the match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Let’s go we need to congratulate that brat even though I know that he must be cocky about the winning…”

Boram is hesitant about the idea but she gets up otherwise. When they are close to the field, she changes her mind. “I think I shouldn’t join you guys. I will just go home right away.”

Inyoung feels something off so she says to Jaebum, “Oppa can you go ahead first?”. Jaebum looks at the both of them in turn then sighs, “Okay but don’t be too long.” Inyoung nods then smiles at him.

“Spill it out” Inyoung folds her hands as she investigates Boram’s gestures.

“Huh? What?”

“Don’t make me say it twice Boram… I know there’s something wrong with you and Youngjae sunbae. Now it’s the time to say it.” Inyoung clearly knows her point. They both just stands there in the hallway to the field till Boram finally opens as she tells her friend what happened a few weeks ago.

“So you will just avoid him forever?”

Boram shrugs as she doesn’t know what to do. “I don’t know. But I don’t think right now is the perfect time. If I come it’ll be awkward. I don’t want to ruin his moment.”

“Then when is the perfect time huh? Just tell him the truth. You said that because you cared. You thought you did a good thing by telling him to be back with his ex girlfriend that you didn’t know that it has made him hurt.”

Boram sighs as she looks defeated, “I don’t know… every time I want to apologize to him I just feel like I have been a stupid person all this time. I’m just too coward to…” she stops as her minds slowly wanders to Youngjae’s hurt face at that time.

“…to say that you like him a lot. To say that you care and want him just to be happy…am I right?” Inyoung says it anyway. She’s so sharp and sometimes Boram feels helpless of her statement. Like this time. “I’m just afraid that I will make the situation even worse than now… that’s all.”

Inyoung sighs as she leans her body on the wall, “At least tell him about your feeling Boram-ie. You’ll barely get the chance to see him again after the competition and school festival end. He will be focus on having exam and continuing his study to college.”

Boram just quiet for sometime after what Inyoung says to her. The voice sounds bitter even though it comes through but she has to admit it, “Yeah, you’re right.” Boram gives Inyoung a small smile.

“That’s the spirit!” Inyoung quickly grabs Boram’s arm then turns their way to the field, “Don’t worry I’ll assist you to the end so Youngjae sunbae-”

The words cut off by a calling from someone, “Boram.”

They both look behind and can’t hide the look of surprised to see Eunji comes towards them. Eunji smiles as she says, “Boram can you and I talk for a bit in private?”