Runner 13

Run to You

“Amusement Park?”

Inyoung and I startle after hearing someone’s voice. When we turn our head, it turns out Eunji unnie who is standing near us. She frowns, “Why do you want to go to there?”. Then I explain it to her about Inyoung and Jaebum sunbae’s new relationship. She nods enthusiastic as if she is relief about something. “Will Youngjae come too?”. I nod automatically. There, she frowns again, as if she is thinking hard. “So, it’s four of you?”

I nod again. From the look on her face she seems bother about something but I can’t figure it out. Then she says, “Can I join you guys?”

Eunji unnie gives her big smiles to both of us. Inyoung and I look at each other bewilderedly. Before any one of us can answer the question, suddenly Jaebum and Youngjae sunbae come toward us. “Hey are you guys ready?” Jaebum sunbae asks Inyoung and I then he drifts his eyes to Eunji unnie, “Oh Eunji, you’re here?” His words is like questions her visiting here. He frowns then turns his head to Youngjae sunbae. Youngjae sunbae is just silent. It looks strange to me as usually he’ll smile and you can see his sparkle eyes when he sees her.

“Guess what? Boram invites me to your celebration just now, right Boram?”

“Oh, really?” Jaebum sunbae raises his eyebrow. I don’t know what to say for a moment. “Uhm, She.. she can come too, can’t she?”

~~~~~~~~~~~

All along the way to amusement park, I do feel like a third wheel for both couples. Jaebum sunbae-Inyoung and Eunji unnie-Youngjae sunbae. Eunji unnie even doesn’t speak to me after that. She always makes sure to be on Youngjae sunbae’s side. All smiles and talks to him. I sigh and think again if my decision to come here is right but when I see Inyoung’s apologetical face to me and her bright smiles when she’s talking to Jaebum sunbae, I feel like such a pathetic friend. I shouldn’t be selfish and just thinking about my feeling. I have to endure it or at least pretend that I’m okay to make her feel comfortable and not worry about me, after all today is her special day. I smile and grip by sling bag optimistically.

“You can sit here, Boram.” I don’t realize that I had been lost in thought when Youngjae sunbae points to an empty seat beside Eunji unnie in the bus. “Huh?”

He chuckles, “I’m such a gentleman, aren’t I?”

I giggle and sit in the referring seat. “Thank you sunbae.” He smiles at me then turn his head to the other side.

We arrive fifteen minutes later. After buying the ticket we go inside. Indeed, there are so many people in the amusement park. I’m so happy to be here. It’s been a long time I don’t go to an amusement park. The last time I visited it maybe two or three years ago when I was still as a middle school’s student. Without knowing it I chuckle as I remember something in the past.

“Hey, what’s so funny?”

I startle then quickly turn my head to the voice.

“You’re daydreaming again, huh?”

I open then close my mouth again feeling embarrassed of Youngjae sunbae’s question. “It’s… just remember about something in the past.” He just nods without questioning again.

“You are thinking about someone special, right?” Eunji unnie asks while pointing her finger to me. I don’t know how to react so I just give her an awkward smile. Suddenly Youngjae sunbae says, “I need to go to the toilet.” Then he’s dragging Jaebum sunbae with him. Eunji unnie, Inyoung and I are sitting on the bench waiting for the two boys to come. We’re sitting in silent. Then, a few minutes later Jaebum and Youngjae sunbae come back from the toilet.

“So, where do you want to go?” Jaebum sunbae asks Inyoung then I see her look at me. “Boram, come on you can come with us.” I see Jaebum’s sunbae’s face changes into a panic one. Calm down sunbae, I won’t ruin your first official date!

But before I can answer her, Youngjae sunbae approaches me, “Just come with me.” But then Eunji unnie quickly continues his words, “… with us. You can come with Youngjae and me, Boram. It’s okay.” She gives me a faint smile. I look at them bewilderedly. When I want to say something, I feel like someone grabs then hugs me. I let out a yelp but don’t know who this boy is.

“Babe! Where have you been? You make me scared! Don’t go anywhere without telling me. I have been looking for you!” He says louder while taking glances to the right side.

He rambling without stopping as he scans my face. I blink several times to regain my senses. What! He’s here! “Ju…Junhong! What are you doing here?”

The tall boy seems surprised then he looks at his right side again. Then he hugs me again and whispers, “Just help me please!” Before I can protest, he takes my hand and quickly pulls me, “Come on”. I can’t say anything as Junhong quickly drags me away and made me leave my friends in speechless mode.

“Ya! What are you doing?” I slap his arm repeatedly.

“Aww, sorry… Boram. Aww it hurts.” He rubs his long arm. “Serves you right!” I scold him. “Now tell me, what’s going on just now? You make scene in front of my friends.” I look at him fiercely while folding my arms.

He looks like a lost boy who is scolding by his mom. “Okay, okay…” he sighs then continues, “…I have a word with my friend here but Gosh! I really don’t know how they know I’m here. Then I see you and without thinking anymore I act like I’m here to date so yeah…”

“Who are they?”

He rolls his eyes, “Just some fans… maybe they think I’m here to date so I make their dream comes true.” I smack his head. “Ya! you make me as the victim!” He giggles while rubbing his head, “Sorry! Just so happy when I see you. You know we haven’t met for a long time.”

I sigh but I know I can’t be mad too long to this idiot. Choi Junhong has been my childhood friend since I’m in elementary school. Then after graduated he chose to go to different school from mine. Junhong’s voice drawn me out of my mind, “Come on, I buy you ice cream to make it up.” he smiles while showing his dimple.

“Even with treating me ice cream you haven’t forgiven yet.”

He chuckles, “I know... Anyway, why you’re still small but your slap is so strong?”

I slap his arm again, “Shut up.”