Runner 19

Run to You

“You won’t come?”

Yeonseok nods his head. He gives Boram a thin smile. “Yes, unfortunately. I have some works to do… I’ve already told Youngjae about it.” The silence wraps the atmosphere. Boram’s mind searches for something but she doesn’t know if she is allowed to ask it. “Boram, you’ll come, won’t you?”

The question takes her out off guard. She finds herself hard to say no as she saw his curious face. “I… I don’t know uncle. I’m a little bit busy with… with my project too.”

The quivering from her voice made Yeonseok raises his eyebrow, “Oh… Is it?” He looks at her face closely, there’s something weird about her answer. She looks uncomfortable about something. “Youngjae is hard to understand, isn’t he?”

“Huh?”

 He gives her a thin smile, “Just please try to understand Youngjae…” He pauses for a while, tries to find the correct words, “I don’t know if you know this but if he has a hard time he goes to running. He hardly says or tells someone about what he felt. He tends to bottle up his problems … Even though he looks tough from outside but very vulnerable inside”

To say that Boram didn’t know it maybe is a lie. She knew it. Since the first time they met and then for more than one month every single day she’d meet and talk to him she knew it. She tried but he seemed to ignore or pretended that he’s fine. Now to think that, she tended to question him rather than just understand or listen to whatever he’s been struggling of.

Yeonseok’s voice drawn her out of her thought. “It’s a shame honestly, as the upcoming match is his last one.”

“He told you that too uncle?”

Yeonseok nods as he rises from his seat, “If you could come please take his photo for me, Boram”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody’s POV

“Hey athlete Yoo! Aren’t you tired?”

Youngjae turns his head to the side to find Jaebum waving a bottle of pocari sweat to him. He quickly back to his position.

“Ya! Are you ignoring me?”

“You see that I’m warming up right now, don’t you?”

Jaebum sits in the near bench then he put down the pocari sweat. “At least you can say thank you for me to bring you this.” Jaebum stretches his legs out then says, “I will come tomorrow, don’t worry. I will be your cheerleader.”

Youngjae rolls his eyes but then something pops in his head. He clears his throat, “Hmm Jaebum ah, you will come alone?”

“Huh? No, Inyoung will come with me, why?” as if he gets struck by sudden idea he lets out a smirk, “Do you want someone to come too?” Jaebum emphasizes the word ‘someone’. Youngjae can feel his teasing to him but he tries to suppress it. “I don’t say anything.”

Jaebum snorts at Youngjae’s answer. He finds it ridiculous. “That’s why you shouldn't be mad at her. Look at your blushing face! If you want her to come just say it dude!”

Youngjae stops his exercising as he walks towards Jaebum. He says while holding his face “I’m not blushing it’s just the weather!” He continues as he puts his hands down, “and I’m not mad at her… Okay maybe a little but just that’s it.” He sighs loudly, “I think I hurt her feeling with what I’ve said.” Youngjae paused for a while, “Is that what Boram told you… that I’m mad at her?”

Jaebum looks even more confused of what Youngjae said. “Wait, wait… so… you’re talking about Boram?”

“Huh?” Youngjae furrows his eyebrow.

Jaebum looks dumbfounded as he tries to understand the situation. “But I thought we’re talking about Eunji.”

The silence wraps them up as they’re just looking at each other. It breaks as Youngjae’s coach’s voice calls him loudly to stand by. Youngjae got in his mind as he tries to move. “Jaebum ah, I have to go.” As he turns his head, Jaebum calls him. “Youngjae ya!” Jaebum throws the pocari sweat and Youngjae reflects to catch it.

“Good luck!”

Youngjae smiles as he waving the bottle, “Thanks.”