The packaging should of wrote it!

Dragon's Lair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIVE WEEKS LATER

 

Dr. lee walks in, sitting down in his chair. He’s a kind man in his early fifties and has been my doctor for a few years now. I’m pretty sure he keeps his lolly jar stocked just for when I have an appointment. He’s seen me at my worst and I’m comfortable around him.

 

“I need drugs, Doc.” I tell him. “And lots of them. You know how much I hate throwing up.”

He doesn’t smile at my jokes like he usually does.

 

“Steph, I’m afraid it’s not the flu that’s making you nauseous.”

 I frown. “Okay, well, what’s wrong then? Do I have a bug? I knew I shouldn’t have caught that bus to the campus the other day when my car broke down. I could literally see the germs when one of the men on there started coughing.”

 

“You’re Pregnant, Steph.” He says.

 

Pregnant? I must have misheard him.

 

I blink slowly, trying to think clearly. “I’m sorry, I don’t think so. Are you sure those results are mine? I saw this show the other night, the doctor mixing up files with other patients.”

 

Now he fights a smile. “This test says you’re definitely pregnant”

 

I look around the room, hoping for someone to jump out and scream it’s a prank. “I don’t understand.

 

His lip twitches. “When’s the last time you had ? And when was your last period?”

“I have never had without a .” I blurt out, wriggling with my han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter