MiChaeng

TWICE - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s POV:

 

If I thought this week would be as crazy as hell then I was wrong. It all started on Monday morning. The subway train chose to have problems at 7am with its engines. Great. I couldn’t make it in time to the weekly meeting in the office. My manager looked angry but since I barely came late and I had done all my work almost perfectly, she kept shut.

 

As if nothing else could go wrong, the project we’d been working on was delayed because of a material shortage. It really affected my job as the graphic artist of the project. Ms. Park Jihyo, my manager, insisted that I must continue the project even with the shortage. Even so, she was blaming the procurement division. Now I had to work twice as hard because of it.

 

During the middle of the week, my girl Tzuyu texted me to meet up at the club we used to hang out at. I was looking forward to it because I thought it would lessen my stress. She was looking good as usual. She took the chair beside me at the bar and as I was about to give her a small peck on her cheek, she pulled away. I lifted my eyebrow questionably but she just shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Rough day?” I asked her.

 

She stayed silent, not even answering the bartender’s drink offer.

 

I took one shot and asked for another. Suddenly, Tzuyu broke the silence.

 

“We should break up.” She said.

 

My head turned to her so fast I thought I heard my neck cracked. “What?”

 

“You heard me. We’re over.”

 

“But why?”

 

She sighed and turned to look at me for the first time that night.

 

“I’m moving back to Taiwan, with my fiancée.” She immediately avoided my eyes which seemed to grown wider the longer I listened to her answer.

 

“You what? Fiancee? Are you serious?” I tried to look into her eyes but she kept her gaze on the ground as if it was something more interesting to look at. When I heard no response from her, I put my head between my hands.

 

“I can’t believe you did this to us.”

 

I wanted to yell at her but some part of me just wanted her explanation of why she had done this. I was scared she would leave without telling me a reason why if I suddenly started yelling at her.

 

“I met him 3 months ago”, she started slowly, “when I went to Taiwan for vacation. He lives there, he’s a musician. I found we had more things in common.”

 

“What do you mean?” I felt my heart begin to ache.

 

She hesitated to continue, but then she said, “When I’m with you… It just doesn’t feel right.”

 

“And with him? Does it feel right?” I couldn’t stop the question from escaping my mouth.

 

She slowly nodded.

 

“Go, just go.” I couldn’t hear anymore of this, it was too painful.

 

“Sorry, Chaeyoung.” And without another word, she got up and left.

 

I took another shot and ended up staying at the bar until midnight. My mind traveled through memories from the day we met up until this point. My friend, Dahyun, introduced us 9 months ago and after one month of just fooling around, I decided to take our relationship to the next level. After thinking about it, I slowly started to see what she meant by our relationship “not feeling right”. I was sure that it didn’t feel right to me either. I cared about her but I wasn’t in love with her. She made me realized it and maybe one day, I would thank her for it. However, I knew when I sobered up, all I would be feeling was heartache.

 

 

By Friday, I had finished the project at work. To hell with the procurement division, I found my own materials for the project and Ms. Park couldn’t be more proud of me. I didn’t even believe it myself, that I could complete the work on time. I thanked my broken heart for it though. If I haven’t found the right love of my life yet, at least my career seemed to be on the right track.

 

After lunch, Ms. Park called me into her office. She said that my work had satisfied our company Director, Mr. Myoui. They invited me to go to Mr. Myoui’s birthday party this Friday night. I somehow thought that it could benefit my career and even though the idea of going to a party already bored me, I complied to the invitation.

 

The birthday party is held at Mr. Myoui’s mansion in Seoul. The mansion was huge! I bet five little families could live in there together. After they introduced me to some upper class managers, I found myself standing alone with my fingers curled around a glass of wine when I heard loud music from the east side of the mansion. My feet dragged me towards the sound instantly. A bunch of boys and girls were dancing to the music. I thought they were about my age and it was a different party from the one I had just left. What a huge mansion this was, where you could hold two different parties without disturbing each other.

 

Suddenly, my eyes caught a slim girl with black hair falling just a little below the shoulders who was swaying her body in motion to the music. She moved her hips from side to side as if she seemed to forget about the rest of the world around her. I didn’t realize that my mouth was hanging open as I watched her. I couldn’t stop ogling her dance moves. Then her eyes, her beautiful brown eyes, met mine. I gulped and sipped my wine to avoid eye contact. I swear she was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life, Tzuyu was also very beautiful, but this girl right here has something so alluring about her. I know it sounded cheesy but that was a fact. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her too long so I tried to lift my eyes to watch her again but she was gone.

 

I sighed and took another sip of my wine.

 

“Looking for me?” a voice came from behind me. Suddenly, the girl was dancing next to me and I could see her face more clearly. Damn she was gorgeous. She took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. Next thing I knew, we started to move our bodies in sync with the music. I had never felt like this before, I never liked a girl instantly and now here I was, dancing with a stranger. I wasn’t even able to utter a word.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter