JeongMo - Batch 1

TWICE - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

YOO JEONGYEON + HIRAI MOMO

Requested by Jungmoislife56

 

 

The tiny pink alarm clock read '11:59pm'

 

Hirai Momo was still as a rock, her arms and legs wrapped securely around her pillow. Her soft snores were muffled, for the Japanese girl's entire face was planted into her mattress. Yoo Jeongyeon laid next to her, limbs sprawled haphazardly like a starfish as she took up most of the bed.

 

The numbers on the clock flipped to '12:00am' with a tiny click. The alarm rang angrily in both their ears, the clock vibrating under its own volume.

 

Momo sprang up from her bed without missing a beat.

 

"IT'S OFFICIALLY OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!"

 

She spread her arms out, screaming into the darkness. Jeongyeon forced herself to sit upwards, her eyes still closed as she kissed her wife on the cheek and threw herself back onto the mattress.

 

Momo reached under the bed, pulling out two plastic tiaras. She placed one on the side of an unconscious Jeongyeon's cheek, then lowered one above her own head.

 

"WOO HOO!" Momo cheered once more before plummeting back onto the bed and drifting to sleep again.

 

 

6:19am and Momo was already downstairs, hurriedly making Jeongyeon a surprise breakfast. A towering stack of pancakes drenched in syrup was placed in the middle of the table, their favorite thing to have in the morning.

 

Momo perked up when she heard Jeongyeon's loud yawn as she walked into the room.

 

"Happy anniversary!" Momo greeted, gesturing to the pile of thirty pancakes she organized for her.

 

Jeongyeon laughed, having to tilt her head up at the pile of breakfast her wife prepared. "Momo, that is incredible! How did you manage --"

 

"Magic!" Momo did jazz hands. Jeongyeon smiled at her in admiration, pecking her lips, "Happy anniversary, babe."

 

Momo smiled through the kiss, "One year ago, you and I got married."

 

Jeongyeon the side of her cheek with her thumb, "Best day ever."

 

Momo nodded frantically in agreement, her smile straining her cheeks.

 

"Okay, we have a full booked day today for the celebration. I think we should start with --"

 

"Wait!" Momo grabbed the girl's wrist, pulling her out of the kitchen and towards the living room. "I have a surprise for you first."

 

Jeongyeon looked around the room, frowning deeply. In front of the TV were three rows of boxes, stuffed animals and dolls each creepier than the next sitting upon them, all staring at her.

 

"What is this freak show?" Jeongyeon asked.

 

Momo snorted, "Well, before the marriage there was the proposal. I thought that for fun we can reenact that certain TWICE TV episode which lead up to the moment that changed our lives for the better." The Japanese girl pointed her index fingers towards an ugly white troll doll with curly bun hair and a bunny-like two front teeth. "Look, that's Im Nayeon!"

 

Jeongyeon laughed, "Wow, it looks just like her."

 

"I know right? And there's Jihyo, Mina, Sana, and the others." She gestured toward the other stuffed toys and dolls.

 

"Understandable."

 

Momo rubbed her hands together, "and they are going to witness the best mash-up they have ever heard and seen!"

 

Jeongyeon's heart melted. She never thought Momo would've put so much effort into such a beautiful gift. Most girls would have just gotten her a necklace, or an outfit, or some boring expensive crap that would most likely just sit on her dresser idly collecting dust.

 

But not Momo.

 

Momo brought her the past, the past she loved so much.

 

"Awww...Momoring! This is amazing." She complimented, making Momo blushed.

 

"Anything for the best wife ever. Our marriage is one year old, it could probably crawl by now if it was a baby." She glanced at the floor, slightly embarrassed asking this question. "Do you remember the choreography?"

 

"If you guide me through it." Jeongyeon winked, trying to ignore the stares of fake-Nayeon baring into her soul.

 

"Okay, we were both standing right here..." Momo modeled the scene perfectly. "Just follow me. One two three..."

 

The two girls danced, Momo grabbing Jeongyeon's arm to guide her whenever she missed a step. They switched singing parts, figuring not everything had to be the same. Momo tried her best in making sure they used as much as the same hand gestures and facial expressions on each lyric.

 

"Nae nabiga doe.eojwoyo keudae…" The two girls finished.

 

Momo sprinted toward the troll doll in the front row. "And that is how a mash-up is done everyone!" She squeaked in her best Minatozaki Sana impression, shaking the doll to imply the troll was talking.

 

"No, actually this is." Jeongyeon smiled, proud of herself for remembering that line. Just as the older opened to speak, Momo reached into her chests and pulled out a dozen index cards, all written in crayon. She held up the one that said 'Momo, can you take a seat?' to Jeongyeon’s face.

 

Jeongyeon echoed the phrase written on the paper.

 

"Ok." Momo whispered, lowering herself onto a wooden stool Jeongyeon had pushed in the middle of the room during the song.

 

Momo threw the used cue-card onto the floor and held up the next one.

 

"So I figured this was as good a place as any to ask you this question."

 

She flipped to the next card.

 

"Um, mainly because it's really going to upset all the single gals in here." Jeongyeon smiled to herself at that comment.

 

"But, I wanna sing and dance with you forever Momo."

 

Sparkling tears dangled from the edges of Momo's eyes, her face straining to not break out into a giant smile in the middle of the performance. Sniffing, she flipped to the next card.

 

"I mean, some people love someone because they make them a better person"

 

Momo swiftly wiped under her eyes, just to be safe.

 

"And that's not why I love you because you always just wanted me to be myself."

 

Momo tilted her head, noticing that Jeongyeon was no longer looking at the card, but directly into her eyes. Momo blushed wildly, tapping her foot and praying for the fake proposal to just end so she could just run into her arms and embrace her tightly without letting go.

 

"You're my favorite person in the whole world."

 

Momo's heart vibrated in her chest. It was like reliving the beautiful moment all over again.

 

"And we're a big deal, you know, like no matter how many times we tried to put our thing down we couldn't."

 

Because we're true love, Momo thought with a smile.

 

"Because, I don't want to live my life without my one true love."

 

The anxiety rushed through her veins, delightful shivers traveled up her spine.

 

"And, I normally use a lot of words when I'm saying something negative or scolding you girls, but since this is the most positive thing I'm ever going to do I'm gonna keep it simple."

 

Momo pulled out an already opened ring pop and handed it to her. Jeongyeon laughed, grabbing the candy and holding it behind her back like it was there the entire time.

 

"Hirai Momo..."

 

The younger girl could feel tears swimming swiftly down her cheeks. She bounced in her stool, squeaking with excitement as Jeongyeon bent down on one knee and held the ring pop up towards her.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

All Momo wanted to do was jump off that ugly stool, pounce on the girl like a tiger, and scissor her right in front of all the stuffed toys. But sticking with her script, she simply said. "Oh my god, I would love to!" She then pulled Jeongyeon into a tight hug.

 

"Wow.." Jeongyeon snif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter