The Return

Half Hate, Part Love {hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baek Hyun's Ex-Boyfriend had left him for another girl a couple of months earlier in the year. And now he had an invitation to his wedding. He was getting married to her. He knew he wasn't going to attend the wedding. He was still an inconsiderate jerk after all this time. And why is he even surprised by that notion, he will never know.

The funny thing is that he had asked him to marry him right before he broke up with him. It was like he was merely his backup plan just in case the girl he wanted didn't feel the exact same way about him. Albeit, they were all still going through high school. Although that knowledge did not really matter to his romantic heart. A heart that was beating solely for love.

Now because of them, he had decided that he was done with love altogether. And when he woke up for school early in the morning, he had reenforced that thought inside of his head. He was not going to be in pain anymore. Baekhyun's heart was going to stay closed from now on, no matter who would ever try to open it once again. If that were to ever truly happen again.

By lunch time, he had finished his test for his boring math class. He went outside and sat at his regular table by himself. He took out his sketchpad and began to work on a bird he had began to draw earlier that morning. He thought he was going to be by himself, but he was wrong.

The Kingka of his school, Kim Nam Joon came over to his table like it was the most normal thing he did. He was beyond the word hot. Him and his best friends. All seven of them in total. But you would never catch Byun Baek Hyun fawning over the likes of him or his type.

Everyone's eyes were on him- them. He knew that most of them where hoping for him to embarrass him or do something even worse to him. Which he knew he would do eventually.

Namjoon sat down at the table next to him, waving to the people he knew that were eyeing him strangely. He was silent for a while as he continued to draw and fix the bird in his sketchpad. All of a sudden he felt fingers through his silky caramel colored brown hair. Baekhyun's entire body tensed up from the sudden action.

When he peered to his right, he could see Namjoon's smiling face peering back at him as he played around with his hair. He slaps Namjoon's hand away from his head and the Kingka cutely pouts at him. He didn't know if it was him or if he was just losing it, but the joke wasn't funny at all.

Since the first day of school he has watched his best friend, Im Jin Ah, turned down around at least twenty guys or so that have tried to ask her out before. Most of them used horrible pickup lines on her, thinking that they've all got something the girls call G-A-M-E (Gentlemanness- Appeite for life- Manners- and lastly Experience).

Well, that definition of Game is in his dictionary which none of them had by the way. They were going to fail from the beginning because they didn't have it. It was a hard laugh!

Unlike his best friend, he's not really a picky or chosey type of guy. He just wanted his Boyfriend to be someone he could take home to his parents. And the boys at his school weren't going to cut it. At all.

Ignoring Namjoon's presence entirely, he got up from his seat at the table and left the cafeteria. He stood in front of his locker a little while later, switching out his books for his next class. That's when he heard someone calling his name. He peered in the direction of the voice. It was his best friend, Jinah.

"Byung Baek Hyun!" Jinah, his beloved best friend excitedly shouts his name out as she comes dramatically running in his direction through the hallway. And as he watches her outward behaviour in a calm silence, he knows that she has some kind of riveting information for him, especially if she was wildly yelling his name and running around the school like a crazy person through its halls.

"Hey! Im Jinah, calm down! What's up with all the yelling?" Baekhyun promptly yells at her for good measure, but not as loudly as she had. To which, Jinah's overly smiling mouth morphs in to a pout when she looks at him, all before she pulls him in to a quick little apologetic hug. In truth, Baekhyun loves her in a sisterly way, but the girl can just be a little on the insane side sometimes, unfortunately.

"Oh, c'mon, Baekkie! You know how rowdy I get when I'm excited about something." Jinah beams happily with a new smile up against her lips as she clings her arms around Baekhyun's neck in another partial hug this time around.

"Yeah, a bit too excited for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter