Under the same roof

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(author's note: oh my GODDD yes it's been over 2 years but I found this while clearing out files and I had to post it :'D omg it's been so long I'm so sorry lmaoodossdksb also I might update again in the future as I genuinely liked this story...anyways!!!! enjoy but I recommend you read the story over since it's been so long)

 

 

After the disaster success that was the collaborative play between the two schools, things slowly went back to normal.

Of course, the press was just dying to find out what the deal was between the two schools, especially after the ordeal with a reporter sneaking in and then disappearing without a trace.

But as they say, life goes on and soon enough things returned to the way they'd been.

Jeonghan frowned as he came across an earlier article. "Oh, I remember this. Jihoon was trying to blackmail the Shinings by using Ji-Joshua's cross dressing stunt."
Jihoon, upon hearing his name, rolled his eyes. "Yeah, that. I never did reveal his name though. He should consider himself lucky."
"You shouldn't have done that, Jihoonie," Soonyoung said disapprovingly. "Sure, it wasn't nice of him to trick us, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy, does he?"
"Who, Joshua? Well, appearances can be deceiving, right?" the latter retorted. "Right Jeonghan?"
Jeonghan flinched, nodding. "R-right, yeah. Deceiving. Joshua. His appearance is cute but he's not–that cute. Maybe a little–but yeah. Deceiving."

The other members stared at him before shaking their heads.

"Your unrequited love is showing," Jun spited.
Jeonghan looked affronted, running a hand through his hair. "Would you guys quit it already? I already said I don't have any feelings for him! We probably won't be seeing each other again anytime soon anyway, so–"

"That's where you're wrong," came a voice. They turned to see Principal Baekhyun casually approaching them, sipping on a tall glass of iced tea, looking wistfully at the group. Typical. The scene was so cliche the only thing missing was rose petals floating around him.

"So you know how we take a field trip to Haeundae beach each year?"
They nodded.
"And you know how it's always crowded and just unnecessarily loud there?"
More nods, especially from Jihoon who hated the amount of tourists that were always flocking to the shoreline.
"Well, we managed to reserve the entire beach. The whole thing. For 2 nights and 3 days."

There were shocked gasps from surrounding listeners. Haeundae beach was a tourist jackpot and the place was overcrowded 24/7. It was ginormous as well.

"How?" someone asked.
Principal Baekhyun sighed. "Well, there's a catch. We had to compromise with Shining High. For some reason, the district owner for the land agreed to let us rent the beach–for free–if we agreed to share it with them. He seemed oddly excited about it as well."
"He probably ships our school, too," someone muttered.
"Regardless, at least we have the entire beach for ourselves! The trip is next week, so get packing! I'll make an official announcement later." And just as quickly as he'd appeared, he vanished, leaving the students to chatter amongst themselves.

"This is like–a once in a lifetime chance to see the beach actually empty," Mingyu reveled, looking pleased.
"Yeah, but we have to share it with them," Jihoon grumbled. "Sheesh."
"Does this mean I finally get to see Seungkwan again? I swear he's been avoiding me lately," Vernon added, looking a bit put off. "I don't know why, though."
"Same. Although I think Minghao's just denying his deep rooted feelings for me," Jun said airily.
"Seriously, why are you so obsessed with romance, Jun?" Jeonghan asked, crossing his arms.
"I'm a hopeless romantic. Well, a hopeful romantic. It's a royal lineage thing, you wouldn’t understand being a mere commoner and all."
Jeonghan ignored that last comment, turning instead to look out the window facing the Shining High building off in the distance. “I wonder how the others feel about all this?"

"No."
"Seungkwan, this isn't something I can change–"
"I refuse to spend 2 nights near them," Seungkwan replied, looking disgusted. "I bet Hansol's gonna talk my ear off in English and make me look stupid, that brat."
Principal Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "It's not like we're rooming with them. You might just run into each other, that's all."
Seungcheol nodded. "No need to get so worked up. When will we ever see Haeundae beach empty again?"
"Oh, so suddenly you want to be a part of this? Is it because of your crush on that shortie–"
Seungcheol shot up. "What crush–I don't–on Jihoon?! How dare–the audacity–"
Seungkwan scoffed, bristling up. "Oh come on, all you do is talk about him. Jihoon did this–oh Jihoon did that–I wonder how Jihoon does this–"
Seungcheol's face went red, a rare sight on its own. He looked extremely flustered as well, trying to find a way to defend himself.
"Well, what about you and that English guy? All you do is talk about him–you even came up with a nickname for him! Or should I say a pet name–"
"Okay guys, that's enough," the principal interrupted. "You can have your ship wars later, not in front of me and my cold pressed lettuce." And he turned and left.

“What the hell is cold pressed lettuce...”
"Ugh god, does this mean I have to put up with Jun's neverending prophecies about love and fate and all that?" Minghao asked, looking peeved. "I get that he's handsome, but he literally never shuts up about his looks! He sends me like 10 selcas a day!"
"Wait, you have Jun's number?" Chan asked, astounded.
Minghao backpedalled, looking slightly sheepish. "I-I couldn't do anything about it! He kept asking–even after I told him I rarely text people–what was I supposed to do?"
"It literally took me 6 months before you agreed to give me your number!" Seungkwan accused, offended.

"You know," Seokmin interrupted. "Since our school's so rich, why didn't we just buy the beach for the trip? I'm sure we could've."
"Apparently the landowner only agreed if both schools shared the beach. Someone figured that he was one of those people that liked to see us together or something," Joshua replied with a sigh.
"I was so looking forward to the trip too," Seungkwan said with a huff.
"Oh well, it's not like we're gonna see them all the time or anything, right?"



A week later, and they'd arrived at the hotel they'd be staying at for the duration of the trip. Only, there was one slight inconvenience.

"So basically," Principal Chanyeol explained sheepishly. "There's only one hotel available near the beach. The others are down due to renovations or being closed for some reason? And the hotel owners were acting really shady in general...anyways so both our schools ended up reserving the same hotel."

Seungkwan oggled at him like he'd just seen a ghost. "Are you out of your mind?!"
"Well, the next closest hotel that's available is a whole 20 miles away from the beach! You think we have time for that? This hotel is literally right next to it," the principal fired back.

The groups glanced at the Diamonds, who were currently exiting the bus and heading towards the hotel as well.

"Oh god, it's Jun. Hide me," Minghao hissed, ducking behind Joshua. The latter, on the other hand, simply stared as familiar faces made their way towards them.

"Seokmin!" Soonyoung chirped. "Isn't this great?"
Seokmin agreed enthusiastically. "It is, only some people aren't as eager about all this."
Soonyoung nodded understandingly. "Yeah, you're not alone. I had to deal with Jihoon's grumbling the whole time. It took 3 teachers to force him off the bus. By the way, is Seungkwan around? Vernon's been wanting to talk to him."
Seokmin laughed. "Good luck on that. Seungkwan's been a bit...against all this. Especially with Vernon."
"Poor guy. So young, to have his heart broken so soon," Soonyoung wiped at an imaginary tear. "Anyway, enough about them. They'll deal with their own issues. So..."

Joshua sighed, exhausted from waking up so early and sitting on a bus for hours. He asked for his key card and silently headed towards his hotel room on the first floor.

The hotel room was nice. It was a double suite, which meant there were two mini rooms in one. A kitchen and dining space plus a separate place to sleep and watch TV. Huge windows overlooked the ocean and sand, making for a picture perfect view. He unpacked his stuff, slowly putting them away in drawers.

At that moment the sound of a keycard sliding through the door broke him out of his thoughts. He'd forgotten he'd be sharing a room with one of his classmates. Oh well. He finished the last of the unpacking before standing up and heading to the front to see who it was.

"Hey, wh–"

Joshua froze as he realized who was standing at the entryway, luggage in hand. Said male's eyes also widened, surprised. "J-Jeonghan?"

"Huh? S-Sorry, I thought this was my room..." Jeonghan replied, glancing at his keycard. "Room 117?"
"Y-yeah, this is it..."
"Maybe they gave me the wrong card? But it has my name on it, and–oh."
Joshua pulled out his own, and that's when he saw it.

Tenant #1- Hong Joshua

And on the back...

Tenant #2- Yoon Jeonghan

They glanced at each other. Joshua cleared his throat. "U-um, I can always switch? Maybe the same thing happened with one of our friends?"
Jeonghan scratched his neck. "Sure, I guess..."

However, after asking all their friends, they realized the mixup had only occurred with them. Everyone else was put with someone of their own school. They had nobody to switch with.

"Great," Jeonghan mumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets, trying to ignore the way Jun was snickering behind him.

Joshua sighed once more, trying not to let the gravity of the situation affect him. Oh god I'm going to be rooming with Jeonghan for 2 whole nights why is fate ALWAYS going against me–

"Um, I guess I'll just...unpack my stuff then..." Jeonghan said, heading back into his room. Joshua debated whether he should follow him before deciding that the awkwardness was probably not worth it. What was he going to say, anyway? Hey Jeonghan, I know you hate my guts and all, but I was hoping we could get along? It kind of seems like we're on better terms now? Maybe?

"This trip is gonna be a disaster," Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter