In the limelight

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The entire Diamond High area was in uproar today. Both guys and girls alike were gaping at a certain individual who was trying his best to avoid the drama.

So, what was going on exactly?

Well, to put it simply, Jeonghan cut his hair.

“NOOOOO! WHYYYYY!?” Soonyoung cried, mourning the loss of the long silky locks of hair that used to fall below Jeonghan’s shoulders. Now his hair was in a boy cut, with his slightly longer bangs adorning his face.

Jeonghan was finally safe from the screams of the other students, but the host club members were no less aghast.
“Well, it’s like those things you see where the person cuts off their hair to symbolize the end of their love or whatever,” Jun explained. “Like in anime.”
Soonyoung’s eyes widened. “Love?” he repeated.
Jeonghan shot Jun an irritated look. “No, I cut my hair cuz it was becoming a pain to manage. That’s all.”
“Suuuure it is,” Mingyu commented with a knowing smirk. 
Jeonghan crossed his arms. “Jisoo has nothing to do with this.”
“We never said his name,” Vernon pointed out.

Jeonghan groaned as the others snickered. 

“And besides, you’re supposed to cut it off after you get rejected, not before,” Jun added.
“How could I confess to a guy disguised as a girl?!” Jeonghan exclaimed.
The others laughed. “So it really is Jisoo that made you this way,” Mingyu remarked.
“It’s actually Joshua,” Jihoon stated as he approached the group. “Also, I think cutting your hair is actually attracting even more clients, so good job on that.”

Jeonghan wanted to voice his annoyance over everyone’s assertions that he cut his hair because of that stupid Ji-Joshua guy, but…..they weren’t completely inaccurate…..
Face it, Jeonghan, he does have something to do with it. As dumb as it sounds, he thought with a scowl.

Jihoon looked satisfied with himself, on the other hand. “I finished the script. I’m making sure that Seungcheol and I have no interactions at all throughout this dumb play.” 
Jun snatched the script from Jihoon. “So you’re going through a divorce?” he asked as he scanned the lines.
Jihoon nodded. “We’re about to get divorced and we hate each other’s guts. I’ll make sure the audience can tell.”

Jeonghan grabbed the script to see his lines. They were all very cliche, the whole “we must be together even if our families hate each other” trope. He cringed at some parts. Jun seemed pleased with the corniness, however, as he helped write those lines.

“Wait, so I transform back into my 'plain' self and panic and run away from the ball, then my shoe falls off. Then I run up to the fairy godmother and yell at her for making my transformation temporary,” Jeonghan reinstated. “What’s the point in the fairy godmother part?”
“It gives you a chance to yell at Joshua onstage,” Jihoon replied nonchalantly.

Jeonghan wondered how long he ought to keep his grudge on Joshua for. Why was he so mad at him, anyway? He was a Shining, of course this was expected. 

So why?


Joshua watched Seungcheol crumple up another sheet of paper and toss it into the overflowing wastebasket. He then ripped out a new sheet of paper to start over, aggressively scratching down new ideas. It was study hall period, and rather than studying, Seungcheol was working on the script.

“Cheol, how long is this going to take?” Joshua asked, as Seungcheol was still struggling with the scene involving the two parents.
“I need to show my hatred towards the opposite family without showing that I’m on the same team as Jihoon,” Seungcheol explained. “Maybe if I made Jihoon evil? Oh wait, he already is—”

Joshua sat down into the chair next to the leader. “Stop agonizing, will you? You haven’t even finished writing one scene down yet.”
“Actually, I already finished writing down the scene where you’re the fairy godmother casting her spell on the princess. Magical.”
Joshua picked up the page where his lines were. 

“Wow no offense, but you’re not fit for the title of being a princess. I mean, look at you. Well, don’t worry, I can fix you right up.” Joshua put down the script, frowning. “Cheol, I can’t say that!”
“Why not?”
“I sound like a jerk!”
“Well, I thought you wanted to get back at Jeonghan for putting your name in,” he reasoned.
“Y-yes, but-this is kinda mean…”
“And you’re too nice. So it evens out.”
“What’s that supposed to mean—”

“I can help with that,” Seokmin’s voice suddenly interjected. “Seungcheol-hyung, he’s right, this is too out of character. I’ll help change it for you.”
Joshua looked at Seokmin gratefully. “Are you sure? You should be studying—”
“No it’s no big deal. I’ll get the others to help me.” Seokmin took the pages and went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter