Lights, Camera, Action?

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Breaking news!] Shining High and Diamond High have decided to put their pasts behind them and cooperate to produce an awespiring play? Sounds too good to be true, but it is! We’ve interviewed the two principals for some background.

So, why the sudden friendliness after years of competition?

“It was always a friendly rivalry,” Principal Park Chanyeol of Shining High said. “People just assumed we were out for each other’s throats."

Interesting! We interviewed Principal Byun Baekhyun of Diamond High and he gave quite a different answer:

"Ha, please. Friendliness? It’s always been fierce competition between us, that won’t change. Also, don’t listen to anything Chanyeol says.”

Additionally, we interviewed a few students taking part in this production.
 

Choi Seungcheol, Shining High: “This play is just to show our strength in acting, like our many other talents. It’s not because we’re super close or anything.”

 

Lee Jihoon, Diamond High: “Obviously we’re not close. It’s just a display of how great we are, how much more we excel in what we do.”

 

Wen Junhui, Diamond High: “Um, hello? Do you see this face? I was born to be an actor! The stage beckons me! I should’ve debuted as an actor long ago, but my Chinese prince lineage held me back from—what? Oh right, well honestly I feel like this rivalry thing is hilarious because I mean they’re all totally whipped for each other, like have you seen…(we cut out the rest because he began talking about ‘ships’ or something…)

 

Jeon Wonwoo, Shining High: "What rivalry? I thought that was over? Oh, that’s your question? Well I don’t have an answer. Go ask Joshua or something.” 

 

Hong Joshua, Shining High: “Um, I think we have begun bridging the gap between us…but some people are a bit stubborn about admitting it…but I hope so…” (the only reassuring response we’ve received so far)

 

Yoon Jeonghan, Diamond High: “Pft, those lying weasels? Yeah, keep dreaming. I mean, sure, he’s cute and he doesn’t seem to hate me—I mean, hahahahaha man look at the time!” (he left us and ran down the hall)

 

Kwon Soonyoung, Diamond High: “Rivalry? The only rivalry here is between me and my boyfriend. He keeps trying to get me to admit I look like a hamster, and I said he looks like a horse but neither of us will give in and…” (we cut out the rest to spare you the time)

 

Kim Mingyu, Diamond High: “Yeah, my reputation for being the most attractive guy in a 1000 mile radius is being threatened by this one Shining dude, so there’s definitely rivalry. What? Oh no, I don’t hate him. He’s actually super nice once you get to know him, and oh my gosh—” (he ran away, we later found out he wasn’t one of the actors)


So, what do you all think? Will the two infamously hated schools finally reconcile? Also, their play will be held at the Diamond High auditorium next Monday at 6 PM! Tune in!



“Can you believe the dreaded day is finally here?” Jeonghan groaned, watching the girls leave the host club for the day. He was exhausted, the topic of all their chatter had been solely about the play and what Jeonghan was going to be. He lied through his teeth and said to look forward to it, when in reality, he wasn’t looking forward to anything at all.

Jihoon slumped onto the couch, running a hand through his hair. “Tell me about it.”
Jun shook his head. “Are you guys crazy? This is the long awaited day of my debut as an actor! I’m gonna woo the crowd and people’ll be at my feet, but amongst the group of fans my heart will only follow the face of—”
“GUYS!” Soonyoung shrieked, stopping the conversation. “HE SAID HE ADMITS HE LOOKS LIKE A HORSE! I WON!” 

Jeonghan covered his ears a little too late, wincing from the high pitched scream. “And you look like a mushroom so can you stop? By the way, since when were you on such good terms with that guy?”
Soonyoung grinned. “We’re going out now, so—”
“WHAT?!” Mingyu exclaimed. “You—Kwon Soonyoung—got a boyfriend before me?!”
“I thought Wonwoo and you were—”

“Nooooooooo,” Mingyu groaned, putting his head in his hands. “He’s so dense! I asked him about it and he just looked at me all confused—but it was really cute but still! He doesn’t even realize I asked him out!”
Jihoon snickered, crossing his arms. “Called it.”
Jun frowned. “You can't give up now, Mingyu! Look at Vernon, he’s still pining after Seungkwan.”

“Hey!” Vernon protested from the corner. “I’m not that desperate!”
“You begged me to take you to Shining High to get a glimpse of Seungkwan, and then pretended to accidentally run into him, then 'casually’ asked for his number, then you spent an hour trying to figure out what to text to him.”
“Actually, it was two hours—I mean, what’re you talking about? Besides, Seungkwan totally likes me now so it’s all chill.”

Mingyu rolled his eyes, a faint smile on his face. “I’m still heavily invested in what’s going on between Jihoon-hyung and that other Shining leader.”
“Nothing’s going on,” Jihoon replied immediately, his brows creasing.
“Keep telling yourself that,” Jun said with a smirk, luckily out of reach of Jihoon’s fists.



“Theif.”
“No, it’s thief.”
“Why not theif?”
“I before e except after c.”
“Thceif?”

Joshua sighed. “Maybe we’ll take a break on the English lessons for now, Seungkwan.”
“But I need to improve my English to beat that American jerk!” Seungkwan protested huffily.

“I want a bagel,” Chan piped up in English. 
Joshua smiled. “Ah, nicely done! I think we have donuts in the back—”
“No, no hyung, I want a bagel,” he repeated. Joshua gave him a confused look. “You know, like the dog. Bagel.”
“You mean a beagel…”
“Oh, that’s why the dog store owner gave me a wierd look…”

Seungcheol looked at them all in frustration. “And why are we having English 101 in here again?” 
Joshua shrugged. “Trying to get my mind off of the crushing reality that his my life.”
“Hyung, you need to lighten up a little,” Seokmin chided. “It’s not the end of the world.”

“Except it is,” Wonwoo replied. “When he realizes how many people bought tickets to watch the play.”
“How many?”
“Nearly 1000 people. The tickets sold out within an hour of release.”
“What the actual f—” Seungcheol started.

A loud crash was heard as Joshua dropped the stack of textbooks in his hands. “You’re kidding.”
Wonwoo snickered. “You wish.”
Minghao patted Joshua on the back. “At least you won’t be alone, since Jeonghan’s sharing the same fate as you,” he reminded.

“Man, I sure do feel so much better now,” Joshua replied sarcastically. “Next you’re gonna tell me my parents flew from America to come watch the play as well.”

Seokmin’s mouth dropped open while Seungkwan looked at him in disbelief. “H-how did you know?”

Joshua wasn’t usually a loud person but even the classrooms down the hall heard him.

“WHAAAAT?!?!??!”



“This is insane,” Soonyoung whispered as he peeked from behind the curtains. “There’s at least…10 people!”
Jun looked outside as well. Every single seat was filled, leaving some people having to stand at the back. “Well, you’re not wrong.”

Jeonghan sighed. “It’s funny, I’m actually not feeling as bad about this as I’d thought. Maybe the role is finally growing onto me.” He then frowned. “But these lights are way too bright. Giving me a headache.”
“All the better. Then all these people can see my princely figure from afar. I wonder if Minghao’s here…?” Jun mumbled as he tottered off. They were all backstage at the moment, getting the final touches in place.

“Jeonghan,” Jihoon hissed. “Quick, hide me.” He ducked behind a stack of boxes just as Seungcheol appeared. “Where’d he go?”
Jeonghan shrugged. “Shouldn’t you be chasing after Jis–Joshua or something?” he muttered without thinking.
Seungcheol raised his eyebrows, surprise evident on his face. “Why do you say that?”
Jeonghan shrugged again, trying to look nonchalant when inside he was yelling at himself for talking like an idiot.

Then Joshua himself appeared, not looking as cringeworthy as he’d expected. “Seungcheol, Wonwoo’s missing again.”
Seungcheol sighed. “He’s either sleeping or eating. Try the back.”
Joshua’s eyes met Jeonghan’s and either it was a trick of the light or his face momentarily reddened. “H-hey,” he stammered, tugging at his sleeves. 
Jeonghan did his best to look indifferent. “Yo.”

Seungcheol shook his head and headed back to keep searching.

“H-how are you?” Joshua asked, scratching his head and looking down. It vaguely reminded Jeonghan of when they’d first met and Joshua refused to look him in the eyes. Ah, good times.
“Fine. You?” 
Joshua quickly glanced up before looking down again. “Okay. Besides, you know, having to do all this.”
Jeonghan sighed. “Honestly. And my head is killing me from these lights. At least my parents didn’t show up, like some people’s.”

At that, Joshua visibly paled. “Lucky you,” he mumbled.
“Wait–no–seriously?! Your parents actually came?!”
“All the way from America…”
Jeonghan burst out laughing. Oh god, this is too funny—poor guy. But still, hilarious. 

Joshua finally met his eyes for real, furrowing his eyebrows. “Not funny.”
“Yeah, it’s hilarious,” Jeonghan replied, still snickering.
Joshua groaned. “Stop laughing!”
“Make me,” he challenged.

Suddenly Joshua got all too close, like really close, so close Jeonghan could see the light reflecting on his eyelashes. Jeonghan froze as Joshua reached out with one hand towards Jeonghan’s head.

“There was a leaf in your hair,” Joshua explained, showing him the tiny leaf in his hands. “I wonder how that even got there since we’re indoors…”

Jeonghan took a step back, heart suddenly pounding. “A warning next time would be nice,” he said weakly, running a hand through his now leafless hair. 

Joshua looked at him in confusion. “A warning? Sorry Jeonghan, I can’t warn you every time a leaf is about to fall on your head. That would be a cool ability, though…” 

“Joshua! Your makeup isn’t even done yet, get back here!” a voice shouted.
“I was hoping I could escape that part. Oh well. See you,” Joshua mumbled, trudging back to the makeup station.

Jeonghan took a deep breath, trying to clear his head. 

“So, what just happened?” Jihoon suddenly emerged from his hiding spot, scaring the life out of Jeonghan who’d forgotten he was still there.
Jihoon suddenly grinned, an evil grin, the one that Jeonghan definitely didn't like one bit. “You’re blushing, holy cow.”
Jeonghan’s eyes widened and he slapped his hands to his cheeks. “No I’m not.”
“Your face is pinker than your dress.”
“No it’s not. And you still haven’t explained why you’re hiding from that guy anyway.”

Jihoon’s smile faded and he rolled his eyes. “He wants to take a picture with me! Says it would make good publicity or something but no way—”
“Jihoon! There you are!”

Jihoon jumped with a start at the voice and turned to see his age old nemesis approaching him. “I said no, Seungcheol.”
“But why? Can you imagine how much talk we’d get if the two rival leaders took a pictu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter