What's going on?!

♡Love Rush!♡ [WE'RE BACK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Guys, this is supposed to be a dress rehearsal!” Principal Chanyeol remarked.

Joshua, Jeonghan, and Jihoon had immediately discarded their fluffy dresses and were now standing there with their arms crossed.

“No thank you,” Jeonghan replied. 
“Just drop it,” Principal Baekhyun cut in. “We need them to rehearse their lines first.”
“Oh, right,” the Shining principal exclaimed. “Who put the script together?”

Seungcheol and Jihoon both raised their hands, then glared at each other. 

“Okay, now we just need to combine both parts. Hand them over.”
The scripts were given and photocopied so every member got a copy. 
“Shouldn’t we have looked over it at least once?” Joshua asked in concern as he got his copy of the script.
“Eh, no biggie. We can always improvise,” Jun said, eager to get to his part.

With that, the rehearsal began.

“Um, shouldn’t you two at least look at each other?” Principal Chanyeol interrupted. He gestured towards Seungcheol and Jihoon who were clearly doing their best to avoid the other, the distance between them rather far.
Seungcheol shrugged. “We’re going through a divorce according to the play, so no.”
“This play is supposed to be about love, why are you two having a divorce?” Principal Baekyun asked.
“Because we hate each other,” both students replied in unision. They glanced at each other then looked away.

Principal Chanyeol threw his hands up in the air. “That’s it, hold on.” He rummaged through a box of supplied and pulled out a pair of toy handcuffs.

“No,” both students realized what he was about to do but the principal just glared at them. 
“Yes. Hands out.”
“You are not cuffing us together,” Jihoon scowled.
“Yes I am. Hands. Out.”

Both members reluctantly stretched their arms forward. There was a click as one handcuff snapped around Jihoon’s left wrist and Seungcheol’s right wrist. 

“Beautiful. Now repeat the scene again.” 

The handcuffs tugged tightly between the pair as they tried their best to stand apart. So they ended up looking ridiculous, one arm of each extended outwards like a scarecrow. 

“Our daughter is love with one of them, what do we do,” Jihoon said in a flat voice, no emotion whatsoever. It didn’t even sound like he asked a question.
“Oh no. The other side is crawling with evil, we need to keep her at home while we go to the ball.”
“Good idea.”
“We’re not going together to the ball, though.”
“Of course not.”

The other members watched the act with amusement. Joshua tried to hide his smile over how stiff the pair was being. It was comical, how much they despised the other.
Then again, there’s somebody that hates me just as much, he noted as his eyes briefly turned to find Jeonghan. Once again, he found that Jeonghan had already been gazing at him and the two immediately looked away once they made eye contact.

“I give up. Next scene, Jeonghan.”
Jeonghan stepped forward to act out his part. He acted surprisingly well, really showing how upset and heartbroken he was.

Now it was Joshua’s turn. 
He stepped out hesitantly, approaching Jeonghan. 
“Oh? Who are you?” Jeonghan asked.
Joshua gulped. “I’m a fairy godmother. And no offense, but with the way you look right now, you really need a makeover,” he replied, holding the wand in one hand an the script in another.
Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. “Might want to take your own advice,” he responded smoothly.

“Hey, that’s not a part of the script,” Principal Chanyeol interjected.
“Well, if your student gets to make fun of mine that it should work the other way around too,” Principal Baekyun retorted.

“A-anyway” Joshua started, not wanting a repeat of earlier, “don’t worry, I can fix you right up, d-darling?” Joshua sputtered the last word, saying it like a question, since he hadn’t expected it to be written into his lines. A few people laughed.

Jeonghan smirked a little. “Oh, really? Why, thank you, sweetheart,” he replied, not stuttering at all since he’d read his lines beforehand.
Joshua, unfortunately, was not prepared in the least. “We just need to fix your clothes, because you’re naturally very att-attractive…” his voice tapered off as he realized what he’d just said.

By now the others watching were holding back their laughter with little success. Joshua shot Seungcheol a glare—this was his doing after all—but Seungcheol was equally confused because he never remembered writing that stuff in the script.

Joshua aimlessly waved his wand around, casting a spell or whatever it was, and then Jeonghan was supposed to “reappear” in a dress, only he refused to put it on. 
“Wow, I look perfect,” Jeonghan said, examining himself in a mirror.
“You are perf…ect…” Joshua highkey wanted to end Seungcheol’s life for what he’d written for him to say, and the laughter from the other members only fueled his desire.

“Okay, this play is supposed to be about Romeo and Juliet, not Juliet and the fairy godmother, so let’s just end the scene here,” Principal Chanyeol interrupted. “At least I didn’t have to handcuff you two.”

So one very distraught Joshua and a calm Jeonghan got off the stage, and Joshua, in a very un-Joshua like manner, immediately ran a finger across his neck to signal how Seungcheol was dead meat when this was over. Seungcheol merely replied with a shrug, but secretly he was worried about how much of damage a gentle fairy godmother could inflict.

“Well, that’s a wrap!” the principals announced after a quick run through of the play. Well, it was barely even a run through at all, and a lot of scenes were skipped, but it was decided that everybody was tired and just wanted a break.

“Didn’t know the fairy godmother had the hots for you,” Jun said cheerfully.
Jeonghan made a face. “No thanks.”
“Well, he is a little cute, you have to admit,” Soonyoung commented shamelessly. 
Jeonghan gawked at him. “Joshua is anything but.”
Jun hit Jeonghan’s shoulder. “Then why is it that you’re always staring at him?” he teased.
“Yeah, don’t think we haven’t noticed,” Soonyoung added.
Jeonghan gaped at his traitorous friends. “I’m leaving,” he announced, ignoring their calls for him to wait up. 

“Okay, you can unhandcuff us now,” Seungcheol demanded to their principal.
Principal Chanyeol nodded. “Right. Although you two really need to improve your acting skills or it’ll just happen again.”
He fumbled through his pockets for the keys. A sudden confusion painted his face. “Hey, where’d they go…?”

The other two watched with growing alarm as the principal searched for the keys to unlock the handcuffs. 

“Wait a second, you didn’t lose the keys, did you?!” Seungcheol exclaimed.
Principal Chanyeol looked at them nervously. “U-um…maybe?”
Jihoon’s mouth dropped open. “No. Nononono.”
Seungcheol would’ve strangled his principal if he wasn’t, well, the principal. “You are not leaving us like this!”
“I know, I know! I have no clue where the keys went!”
“Well, you’re going to find them or die trying!” Jihoon interjected.

By now a few others were watching the exchange, and after a few fruitless minutes of searching the entire room, they realized that the keys were indeed missing.

“Are you SERIOUS?!” Jihoon yelled.
“This is NOT happening,” Seungcheol added furiously.
“Relax, relax. These are just toy handcuffs. They’ll probably break if you pull hard enough. Here, let me try.”

Principal Chanyeol was a well-built man that towered over the school, but no matter how hard he tried to break the handcuffs, they remained put. 

“What the hell—was this made out of industrialized steel or something?” Chanyeol panted after using all his strength. 
“Don’t you ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter