Carnival Kisses.

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeno's friend needed someone to do a kissing booth so he volunteered. 

 

 

 

"So you sure about doing this Jeno?"

 

Jeno nodded. "Of course. I'm the only option you have now since Jaehyun isn't here." Jaehyun, who does the kissing booth every year, wasn't here because he was out of town.

 

Doyoung nodded, walking behind the booth. The kissing booth was painted in bright pink and the words "$2 for one kiss" on the very top. "You've never done this before so I'm just going to lay out the rules. You can only kiss one person after they pay and you cannot kiss them more than once. You also cannot make out with the person unless they pay extra. We need the profit."

 

"Okay, I got you."

 

"And please do not do anything stupid. This kissing booth is one of our top booths."

 

"I wonder how you handle with Jaehyun kissing everyone..."

 

Doyoung glared at him. "Shut up."

 

"Sorry," Jeno said, taking a step back from Doyoung. The guy can be scary when he wants to be but Jeno finds him really cute sometimes, especially when Jaehyun is around.

 

Doyoung gave him a lip balm. "Take this. Good luck and please do not flirt them into kissing you."

 

Jeno rolled his eyes. "I'm the most popular senior on campus. They will come to me whether or not I flirt with them."

 

"The reason I'm letting you do this is because no one else wants to do it."

 

"You won't regret this. I'll beat Jaehyun this year."

 

Doyoung sighed and walked away. He and Ten were operating the water gun game a few stations away. 

 

 

 

 

"Jaemin!"

 

"What do you need?" He asked. 

 

"Doyoung is coming over to check on us. We still need to decide who's going to be the one getting dunked in the water."

 

"I thought we agreed."

 

"I only said I would do it if Mark didn't come."

 

Jaemin rolled his eyes, walking around to feel the water. It was freezing cold. "It's not like Mark is here to see you."

 

"But he might come over."

 

Doyoung walked up to them and grabbed Jaemin by the arm. 

 

"Ow that hurts! What the Doyoung?"

 

"Sorry Nana. Haechan go check on Johnny if he arrived at the fortune telling booth yet. If he's not here, I will skin him alive. They're all looking forward to him this year."

 

"Got it."

 

Doyoung lets go of his arm. "Are you getting on top?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

 

"Me?"

 

"Yeah you."

 

Jaemin sighed, looking into the glass tank. The tank wasn't very high and you could almost fall into it if you stand so close. "Yeah. Since Haechan doesn't want to do it."

 

"Okay cool. Just make sure that people don't cheat or get near the red button."

 

"Alright."

 

"Besides, Jeno is across from you guys over here and I want to make sure you don't see him ing up and not charging fees. You know how he is."

 

Jaemin looked up. "Jeno?" His eyes wondered to a boy in a black sleeveless shirt and a hat. No one can deny how good he looked. "You let HIM do the kissing booth?" Jaemin face turned sour. He hated Jeno so much that he would give anything to throw him off the face of the earth, but he can't do that. 

 

"Yeah. Okay now, enjoy the carnival. I'll take my leave now."

 

 

 

They've been out in the sun for hours and Jeno was sweating like crazy. He can see Jaemin and Haechan doing the dunk tank game where the players have to try to get Jaemin into the water. So far, as much as he can see, no one was able to do it. He and Jaemin aren't quite friends and honestly, they're more like enemies. Ever since those middle school days, things weren't the best between them. But he would so love to see Jaemin get dunked though. 

 

Jeno looked in front of him to see two girls smiling at him. 

 

"I didn't know you were doing the kissing booth."

 

He recognized one of them as Lami. She was one of the cutest girls in class and is Jaemin's crush. When he found out Jaemin liked her, he knew he had to do something. But damn, she was really pretty up close. He smiled at her. 

 

"Hey gorgeous. What can I do for you today?"

 

Lami smiled at him and gave him $2. Jeno looked over to see Jaemin watching them and smiled before pulling Lami into a kiss. The kiss lasted longer than most of his other kisses. 

 

"Bye Lami."

 

"Bye, thanks for the kiss."

 

"No problem."

 

Jaemin wasn't even looking at him, instead he was focused on looking at Lami the whole time. When they finally made eye contact, Jaemin made an ugly face at him before pointing the middle finger up. Jeno could only smile.

 

It was nearing 3 and Jeno had kissed so many girls that he can't remember their names or faces. He wondered how Jaehyun could do it every year. He would catch Jaemin looking at him from time to time and he wasn't sure why. He suddenly saw Renjun walking up to him, a smile on his face.

 

"Hey. I didn't know you were coming today."

 

"And I didn't know you were doing a kissing booth."

 

"I just volunteered because Jaehyun couldn't make it."

 

Renjun just nodded at him. "Is there anyone in particular that you want to kiss today? Was that the whole reason for this?"

 

Jeno thought about it for a second. There was a person he did want to kiss today, but it was a personal thing. 

 

"Not really."

 

"I can see the lie in your eyes."

 

"There is this one person, but I doubt it would happen anytime soon."

 

"You never know man."

 

Jeno sighed and looked over at Jaemin and Haechan talking. There wasn't anyone in line and something clicked in his head. 

 

"Actually, I think I'm going to be right back. Can you stay here?"

 

"Sure."

 

Jeno walked to the dunk tank and smiled when Haechan caught his eye. "Hey."

 

"How's the kissing booth Jeno?"

 

"Good. Really good."

 

"You kissed Lami I see." 

 

Jeno just nodded. "Yeah." He looked over at Jaemin. "I see Jaemin hasn't gotten wet."

 

"No one here can even hit the button. I don't think Jaemin will even get wet today."

 

"I'll give it a try." He walked up Jaemin and smirked. 

 

"If I can get you wet today Jaemin, you owe me a kiss."

 

Jaemin glared at him. "In your dreams Jeno."

 

"We'll see."

 

Jeno stood behind the red line and with all his might, he threw the ball and Jaemin started falling down into the water. 

 

"Oh my god Jeno," Haechan said. "You actually did it."

 

Jaemin wasn't expecting that and Haechan gave him a towel after he climbed out. The water had gone up his nose, into his mouth, and he was freezing. He scrunched his nose at Jeno who was smiling at him. 

 

"Since I got you wet, you owe me a kiss." 

 

Jaemin shook his head, walking up to him. "Never in this lifetime," he grabbed into Jeno's shoulder and pushed him into the water. 

 

Haechan and Jaemin high-fived each other.

 

"Jaemin!"

 

They turned around to look at Doyoung, who was sporting a frown. Crap. Doyoung snatched the towel from the Jaemin and gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter