Car Crashes

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Jaemin crashes Jeno's brand new race car.

 

 

 

 

"!" 

"What are we going to do now?"

Jaemin put his hands up and looked at Haechan. "I don't know! We just crashed his car." He stared at the huge dent he had just made on his boyfriend's brand new race car. He was trying to park the car backwards but accidently hit a gigantic pole, leaving a big dent in the the car's back. He thought it was fine, but when he got out to check it, he realized that it was extremely noticeable. 

"Hey, don't worry," Haechan said. "It's not that bad. He probably won't even get upset."

"You don't get it. I wasn't even supposed to touch his car."

"Well let's just get it fixed. He won't even know that we touched it."

 Jaemin just looked at him, defeated. "Jeno's gonna be back tomorrow morning. He's going to definitely notice something."

 Haechan grabbed his phone from his pocket. "I'm calling Jaehyun. His dad's an expert with cars. It's gonna be fine."

 

 

 

 

Once Jaemin drove them down to the auto place that Jaehyun's dad owns, Mr. Jung was outside talking to somebody. Jaemin opened the door and walked out, looking back at the dent. He hoped that maybe it would get fixed today. 

After a few talks and long observations, it was said that it wouldn't get fixed until Monday, which was in two days. Jaemin was doomed.

"Why?"

"Jaemin, you made a huge dent on Jeno's car. It's gonna take a while to fix that." 

"You're dead meat, Jaemin," Haechan said.

 Jaemin ran his fingers through his hair. "Is there any way to get it fixed beforehand?"

"I'm sorry Jaemin. We can't. You can leave the car with us and we'll try to fix it as soon as possible. I'm not sure if it will get fixed beforehand, but we can try."

Jaemin sighed. There was only one thing to do. "I think I have to tell him."

Haechan nodded, patting his back. "Yeah. He's your boyfriend so he would understand right?" Haechan knew that Jeno wasn't a very easy-going guy and the guy was hard as rock.

Jaemin bit is lips. "Um.... I guess." He turned to look at Haechan. "But you're going to have to talk to him."

Haechan's eyes grew wide. "No way! For one, he's your boyfriend and you crashed his car into a pole. I'm not going into this mess. Remember when I ing spilled coke on his new shoes? he was about to kick my ."

"But he didn't kick your , therefore, you probably will be fine if you spill the news to him." 

Haechan shook his head. "No can do. I'm not the one who stole his car keys." 

"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"It was your fault that you crashed the car into a pole."

"I crashed it because of you!"

"That's because you at driving. You didn't watch where you were going." 

"Boys!"

They both turned around to see Mr. Jung, who was carrying a stern expression. "Stop yelling. Just tell Jeno what happened."

Jaemin crossed his arms. "He's going to kill me if I tell him."   

 

 

 

 

They decided to leave the car at the place and Jaehyun came by to pick them up. Jaehyun wasn't very happy when he heard that they crashed the car and drove it without permission. Jaehyun sometimes acted like their secret dad whenever they do something stupid, which Haechan hated. 

"What made you guys think you could steal his car keys and drive it?"

"I don't know," Jaemin said after awhile. "Haechan wanted to see the inside of the car and take a test drive." 

"Are you guys serious? What were you guys thinking? You guys don't just do that to other people's car." 

"It wasn't just anyone's car. It was Jeno's and Jaemin said that it would be okay."

Jaehyun made an angry sound. "You guys aren't kids anymore. You guys are supposed to be college students, yet you guys can't tell right from wrong. Why can't you guys act like adults for once?" 

Jaemin slumped into his seat while Haechan pretended like he didn't want to talk back to Jaehyun. God, Jaemin knew they were in trouble and he hoped Jaehyun would keep his mouth shut and not tell anyone what had happened. 

When they arrived at Jaemin's apartment, the same one he shares with Jeno, Haechan invited Mark and Chenle over. He ordered some pizza because Chenle has a tiny crush on the delivery boy, but was too shy to make a move.

"So what happened?"

"I crashed Jeno's car." 

Mark and Chenle looked each other. "No way."

"Would I be lying? Okay, the whole reason we invited you here was because we need a plan."

"Jeno would know something is up. He's too smart for you," Chenle said, playing with his DS. The boy was addicted to that thing.

Jaemin just shook his head. "Mark I need you distract Jeno for a few days until the car is fixed." 

"How do I do that?"

"I need you to take him to your place. Make up some excuse and ask him to come to your place."

"Jaemin, you know that is just dumb. I can't take him to my place because he would need his car. I would have to drive him everywhere and besides, I have to go down to Busan tomorrow." 

Oh right. Mark and Ten were going down to Busan for something work related. Jaemin wasn't sure what it was. 

"There's no way he wouldn't ask about his car. He loves that thing," Chenle said. 

"Then what do we do?" 

"Get him a new race car."

Jaemin shook his head. "I don't have the money for that." Jaemin had always struggled with money problems whereas Jeno came from a rich family, which was how he was able to afford that ing expensive racecar. Jaemin looked at his pizza slice and sighed. "He's coming back tomorrow from Jeju." Jeno and his family went to Jeju for a family reunion and have been gone for two weeks. 

"Just tell him."

Jaemin bit his lips. "I don't want to... I mean you know how the guy is. He's going to give me a lecture about stealing his car keys and driving his damn car without permission. I mean he could even break up with me. I'd rather not go through that."

"Yeah. No one wants too. I'm sorry man, but seems like you're not getting out of this one. I don't really know how you do it but Jeno seriously makes me want pee my pants," Haechan said, making a face.

Jaemin rolled his eyes at Haechan but smiled. "Same." 

Chenle suddenly burst out laughing, putting his DS down. "Jeno's not that bad. Jae, you're even scared of your own boyfriend. How did you manage to stay with him for 3 years?" 

"That's a mystery," Haechan said, touching his chin. "I mean who could withstand Jeno's ing stingy and face-ed personality? Not to be mean, but he makes the whole world want to collapse at his feet if he even makes a damn move."

"I don't even know how I do it," Jaemin confessed. 

"Exactly. Even you have no clue how you manage not to get your kicked across the room by him. Have you seen him with Yuta? Man, not even I want to get on his bad side." Chenle had seen Yuta and Jeno get into a fight before and it wasn't the best surprise. 

"It's not like I'm scared of Jeno. I mean I've been dating him for over 3 years. I think I would know how to handle him." 

"That's because you can tolerate him unlike us," Mark said. "Besides, you're just stupid for not listening to him and you might as well wait until he kicks you for real. This is all your fault, Jaemin."

Jaemin leaned back on the couch. "Some friend you are."

"Why did you even drive his car?"

Jaemin shrugged. "The guy wouldn't let me touch it when he was here. You know how that thing probably a million dollars, but he lets ing Taeyong and his cousins drive it. I don't get why he doesn't let his own boyfriend drive it." 

"It's because you're irresponsible and Taeyong is Jeno's oldest friend." Taeyong and Jeno are pretty much partner in crime ever since they attended college together and majored in the same subject. 

"I get that, okay? I don't regret it alright? Sometimes you just gotta take a chance." 

 "A chance getting dumped by your 3-year boyfriend."

Both Chenle and Haechan snickered, but Jaemin frowned at Mark, thinking. "I still won't regret driving his car if he dumps me." Total lie. He would literally cry himself to sleep if that ever happens. 

It's not that he doesn't love Jeno, which he does, it's just that he was stubborn and when he wants to do something, he will. If it wasn't for Haechan, maybe he wouldn't have to face this mess. 

"I don't get get why you have act like this," Mark said, irritation in his voice. "Jeno treats you like a princess, yet you go behind his back and crash his newly bought car. I don't get why you can't just listen to him for once and not act like a spoiled boyfriend." 

Sometimes Mark was always right. He was a spoiled boyfriend and he didn't deserve Jeno's love and appreciation. He didn't deserve to be with someone like Jeno who would take a bullet for him. If he were honest, he didn't know if he ever deserved Jeno to begin with. He wasn't just like what others think who he is, he was someone who always did things for himself, ignoring the consequences and people's feelings. He should have never listened to himself. 

 

 

 

Jaemin did not get a blink of sleep at all. Too much thinking and food coma was what was keeping  him up all night. He took two showers because he needed to wash off the bad feeling and he was bored and liked being clean. He kept thinking back to Jeno and his mistake. Jeno had trusted him not to touch his car and he ultimately and stupidly disobeyed him. If he hadn't given into his infatuation with the car, he wouldn't have felt so guilty. His actions are at fault and he didn't deserve to be forgiven for it. It's been almost 3 years into their relationship and he still doesn't know how Jeno will react. He doesn't know what's going to happen to them and their relationship. He stayed up all night just staring at the ceiling and thinking of ways to get out of facing Jeno.

He and Jeno aren't the most perfect boyfriends and they definitely didn't have the best relationship. There were many fights and arguments that brought many unshed tears and frustrating anger. At times when they needed each other the most, they had each other, but sometimes just being together can drive one another nuts. Jeno was the more serious one, the open-minded one, and the more thoughtful one. Jaemin was the total opposite. He was the main cause of the rift between them. But in the end, they always get though their differences and make it work. 

When he woke up the next day, he decided to go out to buy some stuff for his boyfriend when he returns. He hasn't really thought about doing anything for Jeno because for one, he and he's really unromantic. Yeah he was the type of guy who would get their boyfriend something last minute or not get them anything at all. Jeno had been gone for exactly 2 weeks and although he misses him a lot, it felt nice to get the apartment alone. Honestly, they needed the time apart anyways. When he walked outside, after getting his keys, he could already see Jeno and his cousins outside. Jaemin wondered why the heck they were coming back so early, but he realized they were supposed to be back in the morning. He noticed that Jeno was carrying something big wrapped up and some balloons that he quickly went back inside and closed the door. 

"Oh ." He walked around for a bit b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter