you don't belong to me

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin couldn't be Jeno's but Renjun can.

-another Drabble-ish story (not really a story. just in a series of events)

-NOREN (if you don't like noren, don't read)

 

 

 

Renjun was the new guy in their group ever since he had moved to their school. The guy was the sweetest person Jaemin had ever met and he just wondered how someone like him can be such an angel. Jaemin was nothing compared to him because all he does is cause trouble and he was nothing sweet. He was like the bitter candy that gets thrown on the sidewalk. What makes him even more upset was that Renjun was a lady killer and had a smart brain. When will Jaemin ever be on his level? He could only wish.

 

They had the same class for AP Calc and Art. Jaemin was surprised when he found out that Renjun could draw and he was actually really good at it. Jaemin can't even draw a perfect tree or color in the lines. There was no lie that Renjun was pretty good at everything. Ever since Renjun sat next to him in Calc, he became one of the A plus students with the highest exam score, beating Jaemin's score. He couldn't believe it. He was the smartest in his class but now Renjun was slowly taking that way from him. He didn't want that.

 

Things started to take a turn when Jeno came into the picture. It wasn't like Jaemin was oblivious to Jeno's crush on him, but when he noticed him smiling at Renjun when they shared lunch for the first time, something in him clicked. It kinda seemed unreal to him. Was Renjun going to take away Jeno too?

 

Their group of friends consists of Haechan, Mark, Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle. They did everything together and told each other everything. More or less. They were the only groups of friends Jaemin spent most of his time with and ever since Renjun came into the group, he couldn't do anything. He didn't hate Renjun at all, but he couldn't say how he really felt about him.

 

"Renjun wants to join baseball with you. Maybe you can get him a spot on the team," Mark said one day when they were walking to class.

 

That was the question that turned everything upside down. Jaemin was the baseball captain of his team and it seemed easy to get Renjun on his team, but he didn't want Renjun on his team. He later finally said okay because Renjun was his friend too. He couldn't say no.

 

He ended up letting up Renjun try out for his team and little did he know, Renjun was pretty good. No, he was like a pro. Better than good. Renjun told him he had never played for a team before and it shocked him. How was Renjun this good when he had never been properly trained? It was unbelievable.

 

"Wow, he's good," Jihoon said. Jaemin just grunted. Everyone seemed to like him too so they decided to let him join although he had no prior team experience before. He just was too good to be on the JR. Varsity team.

 

Jaemin could never say he was jealous of Renjun. No, he just couldn't be.

 

 

 

 

-2 months later

 

 

"Hey, are you going to vote for candidates for Prom King?"

 

Jaemin shook his head at Haechan. They were going to meet up with the guys to get some food and chill out. They do this every other week, sort of like a guy's night out. "Are you?"

 

"Of course. It's Prom and you can't forget about that."

 

Jaemin just chuckled. "Prom huh." Prom and dances never interested him whatsoever. He was never into that kind of things. He saw Jeno's arms around Renjun when they reached the table. Chenle and Mark were sitting next to each other, laughing about something. Jaemin's smile turned bitter. Ever since Jeno started pursuing Renjun, he felt like something was stabbing at his heart. Jeno only had eyes for him but now that Renjun's here, he couldn't say anything because he had never even acted upon the crush. He let Jeno on the dirty side of the road without any feelings attached. He never meant to and now it was kinda late to say sorry.

 

"Finally. What made you guys so late?" Mark asked.

 

"It was Jaemin's fault. He had to run get something from Ten's place and they spent the 20 minutes talking about who knows what."

 

"We were just talking about the new movie coming out. Chillax."

 

“Really? But we spent 20 minutes there.”

 

"So what do you want to eat guys?" Jeno asked, looking around.

 

"I'm down for some spicy stuff," Renjun said.

 

"Me too," Jeno sweetly smiled at Renjun. Jaemin almost puked.

 

"Okay stop the flirting guys," Haechan said. "No need to rub it in our faces."

 

"They're cute though. Ever since Jeno got over Jaemin, it's been a dream come true."

 

"Hey-" Jaemin said, pitching Mark's arm.

 

"It's true."

 

They got settled down to eat and once they were done, they all headed to the movies. Jaemin can't help but look at Renjun and Jeno from time to time. It's been two months ever since the flirting started and he wondered if Jeno would ask Renjun out. As selfish as he was, he hoped he wouldn't. Jeno wasn't his at all, but he felt like he should have been. As crazy as that sounds.

 

"Come on, let them be," Haechan said, pushing him away. "You're not jealous are you?"

 

Jaemin quickly shook his head. "Of course not." There wasn't a reason to be jealous right?

 

"Good."

 

Over the course of the last few months, he's been paying attention to Jeno a lot. It wasn't because of Renjun but he can't help but think about him. Maybe Renjun had already stolen Jeno's heart, but that doesn't mean he should stop being Jeno's friend. He never thought of Jeno as anything more than a friend, but lately, he keeps thinking about how Jeno smiles at Renjun and holds his hand. Was there a reason for him to think about it? He had no idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Jaemin," Renjun called his name softly. They were in Calc class doing some math problems while the teacher was helping out a student. Math was always boring but he liked the subject far more than anything else.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I want to ask you something about Jeno."

 

Jaemin just nodded, trying to keep his feelings inside. With Renjun, it was always about Jeno. “What about him? Did he ask you out?"

 

"You- you never had any feelings for him right?"

 

Jaemin didn't expect that question. It was true that he never had feelings for Jeno but he felt slightly jealous because didn't want Renjun to date him, but he needed to let that go. Jeno likes Renjun now. "He's just a friend."

 

Renjun studied him for a second. "So it's okay for me to date him right?"

 

"Yeah."

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Of course. I will give you every right to date him. Besides, he likes you. A lot.”

 

Renjun just smiled at him. No, he can't ever hate Renjun. The boy was too sweet.

 

 

 

Jeno and Renjun have been going slowly at it for some time now. They were really cute, but nothing was really for sure. Jaemin had seen them holding hands, exchanging shy smiles and wherever Jeno goes, Renjun would be there beside him. They were stuck together like glue, like they were meant to be together. He doesn't remember the last time he and Jeno were like that. In fact, they were never like that.

 

A few days later, Jeno dropped the bomb and Renjun couldn't be happier. They seemed like they belonged to each other. Jaemin could feel something in the pit of his stomach every time he sees them, but he shouldn't even have that feeling.

 

Why did he feel like this?

 

 

 

 

 

“.”

 

“What?”

 

“I can't believe he actually asked him out,” Jaemin said under his breath. “I thought-”

 

“You thought what huh?” Haechan faced him, arching his brows. “That Jeno still likes you?”

 

“No,” he said, reaching forward to grab his water bottle. He should have known Haechan was going to throw that at him. They were in his bedroom working on an English project that he didn't want to do. “I thought that Jeno would you know take some more time to think about it.”

 

“They like each other Jaemin. If you haven't noticed, it’s been months since he started courting him. You have got to get over it. You had your chance and you ruined it.”

 

 

 

 

Dating Jeno was never on his bucket list. He just saw Jeno as a friend and it that Jeno had moved on. He sometimes wondered what it would be like to kiss him for the first time. He had never even cared about it, but now he can't stop thinking about Jeno and everything abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter