Our Relationship

Nomin/Jaeno Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

summary: Jaemin reflects on their relationship.  

 

 

 

 

 

Their second fight wasn't until a week later when Jeno finally told Jaemin to stop being stubborn and lying to him about attending Ten's party. Jaemin had avoided telling him the truth and Jeno was tired of his boyfriend being two faced. 

It was also when Mark and Jisung were over doing a project with Jeno that chaos ensued. 

"I'm just being honest, Jae. You need to get your crap together and stop hiding things from me." 

Jaemin seemed to not be taking their fight lightly and almost yelled at him for being too protective. Jaemin had a temper at times, but it always annoyed Jeno when Jaemin wouldn't stop giving him attitude. 

"I'm not hiding things from you! You just need to stop thinking that." 

Mark and Jisung had tried to jump in and help, but Jeno shut them out and made them go into the living room, leaving the two of them inside his bedroom. Once they left, Jeno turned to his boyfriend, who had his face in his hands. Jeno knew the boy wasn't sobbing so he walked over and took his hands. 

They looked at each other and Jeno brushed the hair out of Jaemin's face. 

"You lied to me, Jaemin. I don't know why." 

Jaemin shook his head. " Jeno, why do I need to tell you everything? It's not like I was drinking at the party." 

"You were drinking!" 

Jaemin was shocked that Jeno had said that. He had a habit of drinking and Jeno hated that he drinks, but what was so bad about it?

"You assumed I did." 

Jeno just stared at him. Jaemin had arrived at his house an hour ago after the party and when Jeno smelled his breath, he knew that Jaemin had drunk. Jaemin even said that he wasn't even going to the party. 

"I'm tired of this Jaemin. I want you to go home and think about what you did. I'm going to text Ten to see if you really did drink. I don't want you to lie to me about this either." 

Jaemin sighed at him before stepping out of the room. "You're just so irritating Jeno. This isn't your life and I don't want you to have to worry about me. I lied because I know that you would get mad." 

"But you lied anyways." 

"So what? It doesn't change anything." 

"You may not think so but it does," Jeno said, slightly raising his voice. "I don't care that you think it's just something stupid. This whole thing just means that you don't take this seriously."

Jaemin looked at him with hurt in his eyes. He couldn't believe Jeno just said that. Who does he think he is? 

"You have no say in that Jeno. You can't say that!" 

"It's true." 

Jaemin frowned at him. This was not working out and Jeno was annoying the of him. He indeed does take their relationship seriously, but he doesn't know why Jeno thinks he doesn't. "Why don't you just break up with me? Wouldn't that make things easier for you?" 

They both knew Mark and Jisung could hear them, but they both didn't care. This was a stupid fight anyway. 

"Would breaking up really solve this? I doubt it."

"You know what? This is stupid. This whole fight. I don't get why we can't just be a normal couple without you always getting on my . It's so ing annoying and I hate it. You don't see me doing the same for you." 

"That's because I'm your boyfriend. I'm not supposed to worry about you?" 

"Just because you're my boyfriend? You don't have make me feel like most of the time."

Jeno sighed. He walked closer to his boyfriend and looked at him in the eyes. "Go home Jaemin." 

"I won't go home unless we get this settled." 

"Then you need to stop being like this. We can't keep doing this anymore okay?" He touched Jaemin's cheek. "I'm okay about you drinking. I'm just mad that you lied to me saying that you weren't gonna go but you went. Just don't lie to me. You say you want us to work out, yet you still don't trust me. Don't say things you don't mean." 

Jaemin sighed. "I do trust you Jeno." 

"Then trust me more. Please." 

Jaemin looked at him and sighed. "I'm sorry Jeno. For saying the things I said and not telling you about going to the party." 

"It's whatever now. I'm sorry too." 

Jeno reached out and pulled him into a hug. They stayed like that for awhile until they heard Mark cough. They looked over to see Mark and Jisung looking at them. 

"So um you guys okay?" Mark asked. 

Jeno nodded at them. "Yeah. Just wait a bit." He grabbed Jaemin's car keys and together they walked outside.

"Jae," Jeno said, "I still have a project to finish. You need to take yourself home alright? We can talk tomorrow."

Jaemin just nodded, taking the car keys from Jeno and walking to his car. Jeno kissed his forehead and then his lips. 

"I love you okay?" 

"I love you too." 

 

 

 

"Is Jaemin okay?" Jisung asked when Jeno walked inside. 

Jeno just nodded. "He just needs to think things through. If you leave him alone to think then everything will be fine." 

"Why does Jaemin keep doing this? It's just his personality that makes him so hard to understand." 

Jeno shook his head. "It's not that. He's different because he keeps thing to himself." 

"Did he seriously ask you break up with him? You wouldn't right?" Mark asked.

Jeno sighed. "Sometimes relationships don't work if you don't fight." 

"But you guys keep fighting. You guys aren't going last if Jaemin doesn't stop whatever he's doing. You're the one who has to keep fixing your relationship."

Jeno leaned back on the couch. "I don't blame you guys for thinking that."

"Jeno, we know he's your boyfriend, but do you really think this is going to work out? You guys haven't talked for over a month and this is probably the second biggest fight you guys had." 

"I know. I know Mark."

Both Mark and Jisung looked at each other before going back to their project. 

 

 

 

 

Jaemin hasn't texted him the whole weekend or even went to his place. He had tried calling him several times, but he would get sent to voicemail each time. He decided he would go see the boy after he was done hanging out with Mark and the other boys, but things didn't come through. He figured Jaemin was ignoring him again or that his phone was turned off. He doubts the latter. 

Mark and him were hanging out with the group at Renjun's party which consists of Renjun, Chenle, Doyoung, Haechan and Taeyong had joined

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter