Strange Feelings

The Last of Us

SEHUN’S POV

                After finishing our meal, Areum waited outside along with Baekhyun since she refused to stay inside for any longer while I alone was left inside. I couldn’t stop myself from feeling surprised and amused after I took a look at the receipt. Not because it was so expensive (well I never mind that for once) but it’s because of how much Areum has eaten. Well I think not only she was very hungry, she was also a big eater. I couldn’t help but to laugh a little.

                “Sir, is there anything wrong?” The waiter asked. A petite girl with flawless skin and waist-length dark brown hair was looking at me, her eyebrows furrowing.

                “Oh nothing.”

                “I think I know you,  Sir. You are Oh-Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun?!” She put her hand to , stopping herself from screaming as her face reddened. And that’s when everything around me seemed like a blur. All I could see was her face. She’s beautiful, I couldn’t deny that. But that’s not it. I was actually looking at her veins that started to resurface on her temples and her neck. My hands became cold, colder than usual. I could feel my body temperature dropping low and this only happens when I’m hungry.

                I’m hungry. I’m actually hungry. I started to panic. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to control myself. In this place full of crowds, I couldn’t risk exposing my true identity.

                “Yes I am. Can you please make it faster? I don’t have much time. I’ve to go as soon as possible,” I tried to look away, trying to clear my hazy mind. ‘Wake up, Sehun. You can’t do that. People will know who you are, especially Areum. They will become scared of you,’ I told myself.

                “Y-yes sure. Oh my, I couldn’t believe my eyes, I’m seeing Sehun right in front of me with my own eyes,” she grinned, “and Sehun oppa, can you please give me your autograph because I am a big fan of yours.” She shoved her Samsung in front of me, along with a permanent marker.

                After signing the phone case, I quickly took my credit card and walked away. Without forgetting to tell her to not tell anyone else I was there. Of course I didn’t want to cause a fuss at this unsuitable moment. I’d better go away before the fans start to crowd around me and I end up biting someone.

AREUM’S P.O.V

                “So are you full and energized enough, Areum?” Baekhyun looked into my eyes, his eyes was shining bright, reflecting the sunlight.

                Me, being conscious that my ultimate bias was looking at me directly, I mean at the concert, your biases barely looked at you as there are usually millions of fans at one concert. Now, it’s like a dream. He looked at me, only me. Imagine your dream to be with your bias becomes true, well, that’s what happened now. My heart beat fast. But there’s one thing I came to realize not long before. That my heart beat faster when I was with Sehun than when I was with Baekhyun. Suddenly I remembered the dream I had last night.

                ‘You’re my soul mate, Areum.’

                I shook my head to clear my mind. That was a dream. Dreams do come true but not all of them do, especially dreams that don’t make sense, at all.

                “Areum, what are you doing? Are you okay? Are you still feeling dizzy?” Baekhyun put his hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me.

                “N-no. I’m fine. Where’s Sehun anyway? I feel like I’ve been standing here for years my legs hurt.” I pretended to massage my calves.

                “I don’t know. Yah, do you know why you are already tired? Because I think you literally have two stomachs that can fit hundreds kilograms of food. You ate a lot. Like a lot. That’s why your body becomes heavy. But that’s okay. My baby has to be chubby so I can pinch your cheeks all the time.” He pinches my cheeks like someone would do to a little baby.

                “Yah!” I laughed. “By the way, were you serious about the ‘friends’ thingy? I mean it doesn’t make sense that popular idols become friends with this poor little girl standing here.” I looked down at my shoes. They were so old already. Maybe if I got some money, I could buy a new one.

                “Of course! It doesn’t make sense to you? Now it does. We’re serious. If we have enough time, I would introduce you to another members. Doesn’t that sound nice?” He pulled me closer, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

                “Yes, sure it is.” Imagine being able to meet EXO members. Without tickets. Without having to queue for days. Without having to pass through the examinations of the guards. Oh. My. God. That’s what I was living for!

                “So, can we go now, daddy and his baby?” Sehun’s voice cut me off from my reverie. And Baekhyun turned, before I could turn, and he swiftly grabbed Sehun by his arm.

                ‘Eh? Hm. Whatever.’, I told myself as I watched the cars passing by.

 

SEHUN’S P.O.V

                I was ready to go when Baekhyun suddenly grabbed me by his arm. His abnormal strength almost got me falling on my knees but lucky me, I possessed great strength too. I frowned, as soon as I caught him glaring at me, his arms crossed together.

                “What? I didn’t do anything. You’re the one who grabbed me like that and now you’re glaring at me as if I were the one to be blame?” I glared at him.

                “Are you hungry? You didn’t take your breakfast this morning, did you?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes looking straight into mine as if waiting for me to tell the biggest secret in the world.

                “I did, okay. We ate together, didn’t you remember? I ate three toasts and-“

                “I mean ‘that breakfast’.”

                My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to catch up with what he was trying to say when I finally got it and my mouth automatically formed an O.

                “So, what’s wrong with me not having blood for breakfast?” I inquired, considering I didn’t feel hungry, except when I was at the counter.

                “Nothing’s wrong, only if you can cover it up. You almost reveal your identity and maybe mine too in front of Areum.”

                “But I didn’t-“

               “Your eyes turned red. That’s why. Stop saying ‘I didn’t do this, do that’.” Baekhyun walked away, leaving me alone, feeling a little bit shocked, but not enough to make me lose my calm façade.

                “Sure…” I went close to Areum and that’s when I felt it. The strong urge to hold her tight and to sink my teeth into her vein. Just to taste her blood. Her smell, I never smelt this before. It’s like a new scent, a better scent. And that only can be experienced by those who have met their soul mate. But this couldn’t be it. Or maybe Areum’s really my soul mate?

AREUM’S P.O.V

                Baekhyun came back to me with his cheerful smile and quickly grabbed me by my shoulders, putting his right arm across them. “Let’s go, Areum aegi.” He ruffled my hair and grinned.

                I was never fond of people who ruffle my hair. I mean, nobody likes it when someone ruins their hair that takes time to style. Not that I took that much time. I just don’t like it. But not with Baekhyun. I was so comfortable with him. And then I remember about how nervous I was with Sehun compared to when I was with Baekhyun. I could feel a strong attraction that I didn’t even know what does that mean. I never fall in love with someone so I knew nothing. I just couldn’t seem to forget him even for one second.

                That dream. Ah, I’m going crazy, I sighed.

                “Eh, Areum? You’re fine?” Baekhyun bent his knees so he could see my face clearly.

                “Yeah, I am. Let’s go! Where’s Sehun?” I looked around. Baekhyun pointed his long, thin index finger towards the passerby’s road and there he went. Well, it’s better for me to walk further behind him than to stand close and end up fainting again.

                “I told him to walk faster. I’m afraid he would end up bullying you! Nobody can bully my aeris! You have to walk with me so I can protect you. Consider me as a Superman.” He laughed, and it sounded pleasant. I gave him a soft smile, not wanting to give him a hint about what I was thinking about.

                When we reached Sehun’s car, we got in and ride in silence. No voice was heard, except for the radio playing the latest and brand new Korean songs. I fell asleep not long after that. Was I that tired?