Song Three

The Siren's Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Is she pretty?" Kai asked hanging on the edge of Baekhyun's desk.

Chanyeol had his head down on the desk as he did each morning.
"Haven't seen her yet," DO told Kai.

"I hope she has a great personality and looks normal," Baekhyun said.

Kai looked horrified. "Why not?" he asked.

"If she's pretty, she won't last between Chen, you, or Lay hyung," Baekhyun said. Kai winked with a mischievous grin.

"Well if she's pretty Chen gets first dibs," DO pointed out. Baekhyun nodded.

"What? Why?" Kai asked frowning. He and Chen were always competing to see who can get more girls. Both were charming in their own ways. Chen was teasing but sweet. He wormed his way into girls' hearts and knawed and nuzzled until the girls became unraveled.
Kai teased and teased more until girls melted under his subtle hints and attentions left the girls melted.

Lay was different. He alternated between whip and carrot, leaving girls blubbering messes. But Kai didn't try to compete with Lay. He was, however, annoyed that anyone thought Chen could get ahead without a fair fight.

"Because Chen was called to show new girl around," Baekhyun said matter-of-factly, "it seems he knows her."

Chanyeol twitched.

"What  if its that neighbor girl of yours?" Kai asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol lifted his head a bit before lowering it back.

"Then Chanyeol would've known," DO said. He glanced at Chanyeol's curly head. Although he couldn't see, he felt Chanyeol's frown.
Or maybe not, DO thought.

The door opened and they turned to a smirking and triumphant looking Chen.
"Wha- You got the girl?" Kai asked disheartened.

Chen looked genuinely confused. "What? Oh," he grinned, "not like that. She's just a friend."

"Is it that girl from your childhood?" Kai asked eagerly.

Chen nodded. Baekhyun and DO murmured in interest.
"Is she pretty?" Kai asked.

"In her own way," Chen said. He walked over to the hunched back of Chanyeol and tapped his head.
"Hey Yujin's back," he whispered.

Chanyeol sat up slowly and stared at Chen. "When did you know?" he asked.

Chen looked sheepish. "A few weeks ago," he admitted.

Chanyeol simply nodded and shrugged, but Chen felt his frustrations almost vibe around him.
"How is she?" he finally asked Chen.

Before Chen could answer, the door slid open again and their teacher Mr. Kim walked in with Yujin.
"Class, we have a new student," Mr. Kim said, "this is Yujin."

Kai clicked his tongue. She was not at all what he expected.

Yes, he heard that she was athletic and competitive. But he expected someone more feminine.
He expected a small athletic, fierce but cute girl. Or a tall girl who is y and tough.

In either case, he was not expecting an average height girl in an unaltered uniform (no cinched waist or shortened skirt all the way down to the knees), hair in a messy-and-not-in-a-y-way ponytail, sneakers, and face lacking any makeup.

There was nothing feminine about this girl who was standing next to the teacher. Her clothes were too loose and her air was too plain.

He glanced at Chanyeol expecting to find disappointment. To Kai's surprise, Chanyeol looked amused and even a bit pleased at the sight of Yujin, although he turned away soon after.

Baekhyun smiled at the sight of Yujin. Truth told, he was tired of the girls looking uncomfortable in their too-short skirts and perfect makeup that couldn't get wet with water or sweat. She was a refreshing change. He saw Yujin's eyes fixated on Chanyeol. There was something about her gaze that made him wonder what it would feel like to have the gaze fixed on him.

DO was simply content that Chen seemed more excited than usual. Even Chanyeol seemed more excited than he had ever seen. Although he would try to hide it.

"Can she sit here?" Chen waved at the seat next to him, in front of Baekhyun.

Mr. Kim motioned for Yujin to take the seat next to Chen.

Yujin smiled at Chanyeol who was sitting next to Baekhyun. "Little Channie," she said, "long time no see."

Baekhyun and Kai chuckled at "little Channie". DO turned to Chanyeol and smiled. "That's cute."

Chanyeol's ears turned pink as he scowled at Yujin. Yujin smirked.
"Payback for not answering my phone calls 7 years ago," she said.

"I like her," Baekhyun smiled. He swallowed a gasp when Yujin's eyes snapped over to him. Even DO, who sat on the other side of Baekhyun felt the energy of her gaze.

Baekhyun swallowed nervously. Her eyes had the most intense gaze he ever felt. He couldn't break the gaze as he felt the air leave his lungs. He felt a strange joy from her gaze, also. The strength of her gaze was both stabilizing and exhilarating.

"That's Baekhyun, we met playing soccer," Chen said. Yujin's eyes flickered over to Chen then back to Baekhyun.

"I'm DO," DO said waving, "I met Chanyeol and Chen at judo." Her eyes flickered to DO. Like Baekhyun, he gasp silently and froze at her gaze.

"That useless lump is Kai," Chen waved dispondantly at Kai who sat on the other side of Yujin, "he doesn't do any sports except flir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter