Song Two

The Siren's Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's open!" Yujin yelled when she heard a knock on the door.

"Yujin-ah!" Chen grinned and walked intot he house looking around for his childhood friend. He caught a glimpse of movement before he was thrown down to the mat laid out in the living room.

Chen blinked and looked up at the laughing face of the familiar, yet unfamiliar face of his best friend.

"You've grown soft and careless," Yujin smirked.

Chen sat on the mat and surveyed her carefully. Her smile was the same-half laughing, half smirking. Her eyes held the same intensity that she had. The look that made him nervous each time she fixed her eyes on him.
Her face... well she lost her baby roundness. And her body-even under the baggy clothes, with Chen's experience with girls, he could see-was toned with lean muscles from her constant athletic training and practice.

Yujin's air was intense and playful as before, what he was hoping for.

"You really haven't changed," Chen smiled.

"You've changed," Yujin observed.

Kid Chen was focused on looking tough and superior. This Chen was new. He still had his boyish grin but he was still tough, more confident but... Yujin bit her lower lip in thought. He was more smooth.
His brown hair was tousled over his eyebrows and he sat back with an ease he never had when he was younger.

"Where's my chicken?" Yujin asked.

Chen stared at her agape. "We meet in 7 years and you want to know about chicken?" he asked.

Yujin found the box of fried chicken thrown down on the corner of the front doorway.

"YAH YUJIN!" Chen yelled.

She laughed and pulled him off the mat. "Sorry," she said sheepishly, "I've been eating ramen for 8 meals in a row."
She still put down the chicken on the coffee table and went to join Chen.

"Come back to the mat," she said, "I'll throw you properly."

Chen grinned. "Hey, I'm at least a head taller than you."

"What so your afraid?" she challenged.

Chen smirked and joined her on the mat. Yujin eyed his neatly ironed school blazer and shirt. "Take off your clothes," she said, reaching for the cabinet near the hallway.

"What?" Chen choked out.

Yujin tossed him a judo uniform. "I brought my cousins old uniforms in case I have a match."

"Oh yeah... okay," Chen muttered.

After Chen changed, they took position back on the mat.
They eyed eachother defensively, measuring possible strengths and weaknesses while trying to get a hold of eachother.

Chen, being taller, was able to grab onto Yujin first. He grinned triumphantly as he tried to knock Yujin off balance but soon found that Yujin had a counter strength to her smaller stature. Her footwork was fast and she had a great sense of balance.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter