Return

The Siren's Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin moved her last box into her house and looked around.

Her uncle had arranged for someone to come and do a basic cleaning of the house but there was stil traces of dust everywhere.
Thank god I'm not transferring immediately tomorrow, at least I'll get a day to clean everything, she thought.

She looked around the nostalgic furniture and house. She smiled wryly at the scratch marks on the post by the door.
The tantrum she threw when her mom left had left all her nails broken and bloody.

Yujin was 6 when her mom left to be with another man. Her dad had seemed understanding then, and sent her off in a friendly manner. But he wasn't okay. A month later, he had started drinking and became violent.
Although she hid it from people, she had been afraid of going back home.

She met Chen in the park while she was trying to avoid going home. She followed Chen to judo and kendo where she learned to defend herself.

And so, they met Chanyeol. The scrawny boy was bullied by the older neighbor kids. Yujin threw down the bully and since then, Chanyeol followed Yujin around.

Looking around, Yujin saw the trace of old scratches on the floor and walls from the bottles her dad threw around the house.
He had gotten in a bar brawl when she was 9, resulting in his death.

As a result, she went to live with her uncle and received a large sum for compensation. The money and her dad's house was to be hers when she turned 16.

She was finally back.

She stopped infront of her old room and smiled at herself. Habits.
I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter