Prelude Five Part One

〈 The Share House 〉 Opened by Nam YeJi! // Welcome Ladies! Please Get Ready To Move In!
header

Tsuki Note: Not my best work. :'') Sorry. Please tell me how to improve characterization in the future, guys! Like, you gotta tell me if I'm doing something wrong~ One more left!

Min Note: N/A

the Share house

author's corner

Meeting room five

— Hong Jihyun meets her roommate

"I want that house in the back," Jihyun immediately spoke upon spotting YeJi with an older woman by her side. She tapped her foot expectantly, and YeJi gave her an odd look before fiddling with her sleeve. The other woman stared at her with a distasteful gaze, and she felt herself on guard for a moment. What was with that look? The owner of the house cleared , brow raised.

"Uh, Jihyun. That's the in-law visitor house thing. That's...Not for us."

"Why not? It should be. I want it," She insisted, lips pressed together tightly. Why did they need an entire separate house for guests? They could absolutely stay with whoever they were visiting. Besides, it would be way more comfortable if she and her roommate had the little house so that way two more girls could take the last bedroom in the house. Then everyone would have more space. It completely made sense.

"Sorry Jihyun-ah, I already decided all the bedrooms and everything. How about I introduce you to your roommate?" YeJi smiled apologetically. An argument rose in Jihyun's throat, but she swallowed it down with some difficulty. YeJi owned the whole place- She could kick her out at any time. It was disappointing, but the girl knew it would be best to listen to the elder girl, "Hong Jihyun, please meet our Ultimate Unnie, Jung Yeseul."

"Hi Jihyun, it's nice to meet you! Like YeJi said, my name is Yeseul. I'll, ah, be turning thirty in September. I hope we'll get along," She bowed before holding her hand out to shake. That had Jihyun's attention immediately- No wonder YeJi called her Ultimate Unnie! She had no doubt that her roommate was the oldest in the whole house. Still, she would never have guessed just by looking at her. The girl was way young looking, and a smile slid onto Jihyun's face. Despite her previously judgmental gaze, she felt like she could trust her, just by her aura and the feeling she gave off.

She shook her hand and bowed back.

"I'm Jihyun, aged twenty-three for now. It really is good to meet you, since I never had anyone living with me before. This will probably be an adventure, so let's get along!" Her spine was straight and her gaze was passionate. Jihyun had decided to change her life, and this was the first step to it. She could not afford to make a mistake. She wanted to get along with this Jung Yeseul, who looked way too young and seemed way too sad behind those soft colored eyes.

She could see a bit of herself in Yeseul already. Something in the way she carried herself spoke volumes of familiarity to Jihyun, and it tickled in the back of her mind. YeJi led them to the third floor bedroom they would be sharing, chattering endlessly. Yeseul seemed to be listening to her every word earnestly, nodding along cheerfully and replying at the proper times. It was...Endearing, perhaps.

YeJi looked back at Jihyun, "You two will be moving in on the same day, by the way. You're the last ones, so that's probably the way we'll all have an ice cream party. I'll have to check on everyone's schedules though, I guess...But yes. Ice cream party. Be there. You know, since it's at your house."

Jihyun laughed behind a polite hand, "Yes, I'll be sure to attend."

"Good. Yeseul?"

"Of course, YeJi," She assured. Once again, something familiar tugged at the back of Jihyun's mind. She shut her eyes softly, and took a deep breath.

This will work.