Prelude Two Part One

〈 The Share House 〉 Opened by Nam YeJi! // Welcome Ladies! Please Get Ready To Move In!
header

Tsuki Note: Okay so Min has had this done for months and the reason it was never posted was because I was supposed to read it over and approve it but I never did. I owe you guys a bit of an explanation- Over the summer you all know I got sick. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. This particular one affects my thyroid and thus, my hormones. It's taking a long time to find the right balance of medication, and because of this I've been experiencing a myriad of physical and emotional symptoms, the most noteable being depression that kept me from pretty much doing anything. That paired with starting my last year of high school was really overwhelming, especially since at the same time I was experiencing terrible physical pains. Because, if you don't know, your hormones control everything and if those are off, so if everything about you. And whenever I wasn't depressed, I was having an anxiety attack which worsened my physical pain. Finally, though, I seem to have broken out of that cycle and am making my way back to AFF. I fully intend on continuing this story, so be ready to see more prelude chapters soon! Sorry again for the wait, hope we didn't let anyone down.

Min Note: RIP. This was super late. ;-; I'm sorry-- 

the Share house

author's corner

Meeting Room Two

— Kim ChaeYoung Meets her Roommates

Chaeyoung looked at the time and sighed, 3:37 PM. She had gotten out of her Tuesday drawing class kinda late, but it should be okay, right? They weren't set to meet until 4pm at the nearby Cafe. It wouldn't take long to get there, but Chaeyoung was a bit disappointed that she wouldn't be there as early as she liked to prepare herself to meet her new roommates. She was lowkey scared that the other girls wouldn't like her at all. 

Pushing all the thoughts aside, she walked to the destination quietly. She didn't feel like talking. She wasn't feeling awkward... Yet. Chaeyoung was trying to prepare herself mentally for this. It's not that she didn't enjoy meeting new people, it's just... She was a little bit awkward with everyone. She couldn't help it, it was just, her. To ask her not to be awkward was like asking a butterfly not to fly. It just happened. Though, she hates it very much. She wishes she wasn't such an awkward person, but change is hard. 

Before she knew it, Chaeyoung arrived at her destination. The cafe itself was very modern looking. It was the cafe she went to often between her classes. She walked in and made eye contact with the main barista. He smiled at her while she got in line to order. It was barely 3:45. 15 minutes to mentally prepare and attempt to not be so... Her. The wait to order was fast. She got to the register and was handed her coffee before she could even pay. "Thanks Sungjong." She said with a small smile. "No problem." Chaeyoung paid for the drink, making sure to put a tip in the jar before finding herself a place to sit. 

Chaeyoung sipped her coffee quietly, waiting for everyone else. It shouldn't be too hard to meet anyone.. Right? Yeji seemed nice so she probably set her up with nice people, right? Before Chaeyoung could wonder more, someone else walked in. It was normal, but this girl, she was different. You could tell. Maybe she was one of her roommates? The other girl was rather pretty, wearing ripped jeans with a short sleeved shirt, showing off her tattoos, and sneakers. It was a unique style, indeed and only one she would be able to pull off. Chaeyoung then looked at her own outfit. Today, she was wearing a looser white shirt with skinny jeans, a black leatherish jacket and boots. Today, her hair was down but that's only because she didn't have time to put it up before she left. 

Chaeyoung looked out the window to avoid staring at the other girl any longer when she saw Yeji outside with another person. Her other roommate? Yeji saw her too and flashed a smile. Chaeyoung responded with the same, awkward smile she gave most people. She watched as Yeji came in with the other girl. "Hyeonju!" Yeji called, making the girl she assumed was her roommate turn. She greeted the other girl before they walked to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung thought she was ready for this. Turns out, she really wasn't. Whatever she had planned to say disappeared from her head and was replaced with internal panic. She just hoped it didn't show on her face. 

The other girls sat down in the seats and Yeji started with a smile. "These are your roommates. Please introduce yourselves." Silence. No one wanted to speak. She saw the way Yeji's smile momentarily turn into a frown before becoming a smile again. "I'm Hyeonju, Twenty-five years old. It's nice to meet you girls." Yeji's smile became wider then she looked at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly, she wasn't expecting to go next. "I-I'm Chaeyoung. T-Twenty years old." Damn, she stuttered. She was trying to avoid that. Her other roommate spoke next, but it was barely audible. Oh dear, how is Chaeyoung going to do this?