Prelude Two Part Two

〈 The Share House 〉 Opened by Nam YeJi! // Welcome Ladies! Please Get Ready To Move In!
header

Tsuki Note: Hi, expect more soon. Jimin is an awkward little bean. Please note that she looks like this (x) at this point in the story! Later, as her character develops, so do her looks. Hope you liked it, please tell me if I can improve!
 

Min Note: xxx

the story

author's corner

Meeting Room Two

— Han Jimin meets her roommates

Jimin shrunk a bit under YeJi's raised eyebrow. It was clear by the awkward smiles of the other two girls that neither of her roommates heard her introduction, but she really felt too insecure to try it again. Finally, YeJi gave her a supportive grin and turned towards the others.

"Alright, whoopsie, let's try that again. This is Han Jimin, she's actually the only girl moving in that I knew beforehand. Jimin here is pretty soft-spoken so sometimes ya might just have to ask her to repeat. She's twenty-five!" YeJi then tactfully redirected the conversation to something about how Chaeyoung was the youngest and she expected the older two to be good influences. Jimin listened but was more interested in observing her new roommates. The one that was her age, Hyeonju, was clearly more of a risk-taker than either her or Chaeyoung. She liked to be free, her outfit could tell you that much. Jimin spotted a pair of earbuds wrapped around her neck- So she liked music.

Chaeyoung was clearly feeling as uncomfortable as Jimin. As the youngest by five years, Jimin could tell she felt a bit unsteady. The blonde's eyes swept across the other three girls, occasionally lingering on certain features though Jimin couldn't quite tell what. It interested her, but it also worried her. What if Chaeyoung was looking for imperfections to judge them on? What if she had already decided she didn't like them and her awkwardness was because she was ready to stand up and denounce the whole thing, that she didn't want to move in anymore because of Jimin?

She startled a bit at YeJi's hand grasping her wrist from under the table. She could have sworn Hyeonju's eyes flickered to her but they were on Chaeyoung in the same moment, so perhaps Jimin had imagined it? YeJi indicated to the youngest who was talking.

Right. Get to know the girls.

"...so yeah, working at a cosmetics shop is pretty fun I guess. I get free products and discounts though I hardly use them. I uh, guess you guys could use them since I don't. Not that you seem to wear makeup or do skincare either, Jimin Unnie. Um, if it's okay to call you Unnie. Since we'll be living together I just figured, well-" Chaeyoung was stumbling over herself painfully, and Jimin herself was a bit taken aback. Not at being called unnie, of course, but the fact that Chaeyoung had tactlessly pointed out that she didn't really take care of her appearance. Jimin wanted to leave. This was a mistake.

"Chaeyoung-ah!" Hyeonju patted her arm, "Don't worry about rambling. Of course you can call us unnie, it would be more disrespectful not to. I'd love to take a look at some of the products. So, YeJi, who is older? Jimin-ssi or I?"

"Jimin is by a few months," YeJi nudged her to speak. God, what do I even say?

"Ah, I guess I'm the oldest in the room then..." Jimin spoke softly with colored cheeks. Thankfully, they seemed to have heard her this time. Hyeonju nodded.

"Jimin Unnie, is there anything cool to know about you?" She asked. Jimin kept focus on Hyeonju's tattoo on her right ring finger instead of looking into her eyes.

"Um...I write. And I'm half Chinese. I like coffee?" She ran a hand anxiously through her fuzzy hair. Her baggy grey T-shirt, dark blue jeans and big glasses made her look like a potato next to Chaeyoung's leather jacket and skinny jeans, Hyeonju's ripped jeans and tattoos, YeJi's little black dress and pink clutch. She could feel herself folding up even more.

"I like coffee too! I actually come to this cafe all the time," Chaeyoung gave her what finally looked like a real smile, and Jimin blinked. Though she was still uncomfortable and out of place, that smile...

It made her feel a little more welcome.