THREE

SILHOUETTE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol waved at him from across the classroom. Kyungsoo kept his eyes on his book and ignored him. But Chanyeol knew that he had heard him. He approached him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo’s head shot up.

“Oh, hey, Chanyeol…I, uh, I didn’t see you there,” Kyungsoo said awkwardly.

“Sorry about yesterday, I thought it’d be great to introduce you to my friend,” Chanyeol apologized, “I didn’t think that you’d be uncomfortable.”

“Oh, uh, that…sorry,” Kyungsoo said.

“It’s alright,” Chanyeol brightened up, “I figure you just need to open up a little.”

“And I can help you with that,” he smiled brightly, “Too bad my friend won’t be here to help us. He dropped out of school.”

“But you can always come by my place if you want to visit Baekhyun,” Chanyeol suggested.

“Thanks, but I don’t usually go to other people’s houses,” Kyungsoo said.

“It’ll be fine. My folks won’t mind at all,” Chanyeol insisted.

“Maybe some other time,” Kyungsoo said.

“Okay, then,” Chanyeol shrugged.

“So…what plans do you have after school today?”

“I have to study,” Kyungsoo replied, shoving some of his books into his backpack.

“The exam’s coming soon and I don’t want to be unprepared.”

“The exam…right,” Chanyeol said, “I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me.”

“Come to think of it, do you mind if I study with you?” Chanyeol asked, “I think I’ll need help in my revision. I can’t really catch up with the new syllabuses.”

“I actually find it more comfortable studying alone,” Kyungsoo said, “I’m sorry.”

“I’ll buy you lunch everyday if you’ll help me,” Chanyeol said hastily, giving him hopeful eyes.

“Well, I suppose I can help you this one time,” Kyungsoo said finally, rubbing his arm awkwardly.

“But you don’t really need to buy me anything,” he smiled warmly.

“Thank you so much!” Chanyeol cried excitedly and gave Kyungsoo a tight hug.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Chanyeol apologized as he let Kyungsoo go, “Not a fan of skinship, right?”

“It’s alright,” Kyungsoo said with a smile, “It actually feels quite nice. Coming from a friend.”

“Really? You think of me as your friend?” Chanyeol asked, wide-eyed.

“Of course,” Kyungsoo broke into a broad smile. Kyungsoo hadn’t felt like this for a long long time. It was not easy for him to make new friends. But Chanyeol made it easier for him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter