Missing You

He is Love

“When?” Lucas asks, looking directly into Leo’s eyes.

“Tomorrow. Early in the morning.” Leo smiles weakly.

Frankly, Lucas feels as though he doesn’t like the answer coming out from Leo’s mouth. But he can’t describe the exact reason behind that feeling. Lucas thought maybe he just doesn’t like to be left alone again.

Of course, this happened quite often. Frequently, Leo has to go back and forth of China and Korea due to his movie shooting. It was fine for Lucas at first when they weren’t as close as what they are now. Ever since they develop a good close relationship, Lucas is too used having Leo with him as almost 24/7 every day.

“I’ll be bored”, Lucas said. He looks away from Leo.

Leo drapes his hand on Lucas’s shoulders, pulling him closer. “I will call you as always. So, you won’t be missing me too much.” Leo smiles and nuzzles his nose on the side of Lucas’s forehead. Surprisingly, Lucas doesn’t flinch and just let him do it.

“You’re crazy, Yang Ye Ming. Who said I will be missing you? I just said I will be bored.”

“Okay, you won’t. But I will.” Leo confessed. “I’m too used having you with me every day that it gets me sad every time we had to be apart.”

That little confession went straight to Lucas’s heart eventually. He actually wanted to say the same thing, but somehow that doesn’t seem necessary for him.

They spend the rest of the night talking and joking with each other before went to sleep.

Strangely, Lucas having a hard time falling asleep that night.

. . .

It’s 7.15 a.m. when Leo finally ready to go the airport.

But not before he sees Lucas. Leo thought he really needs to do that before he goes to Korea for few days. So he spends about five minutes staring at sleeping Lucas without waking him up. And Leo takes one last brave action before he goes out. He kisses Lucas’s cheek that lasts almost twenty seconds.

Lucas woke up that morning only to find that Leo already went to Korea. He feels a bit disappointed.

Later, he got a call from Leo. He assumed Leo already arrived at Korea.

“Hello, Yao Wang.”

“Why don’t you wake me up?”

“You sleep so soundly, I don’t want to bother.” Leo replies. “Have you eaten breakfast?”

“Not yet. I just finished taking a bath.” Lucas said.

“There’s a breakfast on the table. Eat after this, okay?”

“You made it?” Lucas asks while go out from his room to the living room.

“Yes, before I leave.”

“Aish, you shouldn’t bother to.”

“I want to.” Lucas can feel Leo smiling on the other line.

“Are you at the hotel already?”

“Yes, I just arrived.”

“You should rest first. We can talk later.”

“No, it’s okay. I can rest later. I just want to talk to you. I miss you already.” Leo professes somehow made Lucas’s cheeks turn red.

Leo always said he misses him every time they were parted. At first, it really doesn’t matter for Lucas. He can just simply reply either he misses him too or not. But recently, Lucas feels like his heart is about to burst from the confession and he wanted to reciprocate, but that doesn’t come out so easily. That ‘I miss you’ now feels so much more than just a word.

“Yao Wang, are you still there?” That snapped Lucas from his thought.

“Ah, yes. I’m still here.”

Lucas doesn’t know what else to say so he simply tells Leo that he wants to have his breakfast.

“Okay then, I will call you again tonight.” Leo tells.

“Okay. Bye bye.”

“Bye bye.”

They ended their call.

For the times they were apart, both can say they feel lonely without each other company. Only voice call and video call become a medium for them to communicate. But of course that’s not enough for Leo. Seeing someone you love physically in front of you is definitely different from seeing him only in the video call.

. . . .

“Hello, Yang Ye Ming!” Lucas greet as soon as he picked up Leo’s call.

“Hello. Why do you sound so happy?” Leo chuckles.

“Eh, what? I think I just sound normal as always.” Lucas defending himself. Truth is, he does feel happy when he sees Leo’s name show up on his phone screen.

“Okay, if that’s what you say.” Leo continues. “How’s your day today?”

“Nothing much. I just stay at home, reading books, watching movies.”

“Have you eaten dinner?”

“Yes. Have you? And how’s your shooting?” Lucas asks back.

“Yes, I have eaten too. Today’s shooting is great, although I’m a bit tired. But, I enjoyed it so much.”

Lucas smiles hearing Leo talking about his shooting at Korea. He doesn’t know why, but listening to Leo’s voice just makes him feel better.

Same as Leo. Although today’s shooting makes him feel exhausted, he feels energized after hearing Lucas’s voice. He definitely missing Lucas so much, and just can’t wait to go back.

“Yao Wang.”

“Yes”, Lucas replies.

“I’ll be back home tomorrow”, said Leo.

“I know. You told me this morning.” Lucas chuckles. “You can’t wait to come back, aren’t you?”

“Of course. It’s been five days away from home. I miss our home, and I miss you.”

There again, Leo saying he misses Lucas.

“…I miss you too”, come Lucas respond.

Leo smiles, widely. He has been waiting dearly for that reply.

“I miss you so much, you know.” Leo says again. Having hears Lucas missing him too just made he can’t control his feeling more. If only he can confesses more than this. If only…

“Just come back faster.”

“I’ll be back before you even awake tomorrow morning.”

They both laughed.

Night pass by them talking to each other until both feels sleepy.

Somehow, distance makes you realize how much someone presence can affect your daily life.

. . .

The first thing Leo looks for when he arrives home is definitely Lucas.

Without bothers going to put his luggage first in his room, he just leaves it in the living room. That can wait. But the longing to see the person he loves, that he cannot wait any second longer.

Seeing Lucas still in his bed under the blanket, made it feel that it’s real, he finally home again.

Leo sits on Lucas’s bed, watching the figure attentively as if to make it up for the days he misses seeing the man.

“I’m home.” Leo said softly.

Leo traces his fingers down on Lucas’s cheek. Smile on his face.

Leo doesn’t even realizes he spend more than ten minutes staring and touching Lucas’s face.

Few minutes later, Lucas starts to move a little. ‘He will be awake any second now’, Leo thinks.

Slowly, Lucas opens his eyes. And Leo waiting to be greet by him in a wide smile.

“Yang Ye Ming?” Lucas rubs his eyes.

“Told you I’ll be back before you’re even awake.” Leo chuckles, and he is granted by Lucas beautiful smile. One that never fails to take his breath away.

After that little reunion, Lucas decided to take a bath before they eat breakfast.

Lucas sit at their dining table where Leo already been waiting.

“I told you, you can eat first.” Lucas spoke as he notices Leo haven’t touched their food yet.

“And I told you I’ll wait for you.”

Seriously, Lucas can’t win that. When Leo says he will wait, meaning that; he will wait.

Lucas stares at Leo, not tearing his gaze away from that man. Finally, it feels so much brighter now that Leo is back. And this home doesn’t feel that lonely anymore. And he won’t feel alone again.

Lucas shakes away the thing that across his mind and looks anywhere but Leo. ‘What am I thinking just now?’ He, himself doesn’t even know why he feels that way. ‘Well, it’s not wrong to be happy that your best friend is back, right?’ Yes, that what’s Lucas thinks to himself.

“Ahh…” Leo offers to feed Lucas as always.

‘This is normal thing. He always feed me.’ Lucas said in his mind and just eats what Leo feed to him.

Oddly, his heart beats faster than usual. But Lucas doesn’t want to think too much.

.

.

.

A/N: There we go, the second chapter! I hope you guys like it. Oh yea, Yao Wang is still oblivious of his feeling towards Yang Ye Ming. Hmm, until when? That you will have to wait a little bit more, hahaha. Okay, please leave any comment if you enjoy reading this. I appreciate it so much. Thank you for reading!