It's Not Too Late

He is Love

Just a day after Leo left their house, he sent Lucas a message. Leo wanted to make sure that Lucas is fine.

Yet, Lucas replies was ‘I am totally fine without you. I don’t need you to worry about me, and I definitely can take care of my own self.’

Leo comes to realization that his existence near Lucas may not be needed anymore. Lucas is better without him.

So, Leo never message or call Lucas anymore after that.

Their manager knew about the situation and meet both of them separately to know the real story. He understand their circumstances and hope they can settle the problem between them. After all, they still colleagues.

However, Leo and Lucas haven’t meet up yet after their fight since they don’t have any schedule together at the moment. Leo also have been in Korea for a week for his filming.

-

It’s been three weeks since Leo left the house. Currently, he’s been staying at his friend’s house which is 10 minutes away walking from the house he shared with Lucas before.

Leo has been prevent himself from message, calling, or going to the house to check on Lucas. Leo just need to remind himself that Lucas would never love him, and that Lucas is fine without him.

However, that never stop him from keep on missing and longing for Lucas. Only god knows how much it hurts for him not being able to see the person he loves.

It’s hard, Leo admits it. But Lucas happiness is more important than anything. So if Lucas doesn’t want him, he can do nothing more.

Maybe it’s better this way. Being away from each other.

Maybe Lucas is right. Maybe he can forget his feelings for Lucas. If that’s what Lucas want.

On the other hand, Lucas has been thinking a lot after their fight. After being away from Leo.

Honestly, Lucas can’t lie that the house did feel empty without Leo. Lucas had been all alone in the house after Leo left.

At first, he doesn’t bother too much. But day after day, he has been missing Leo’s presence.

Most of the night, he dreamed of Leo. Sometimes, he finds himself crying after waking up from those dreams. Sometimes, his heart aching from thinking of Leo.

Lucas always remembers Leo’s confession to him. The ‘I love you’, and the kiss. He can’t forget it.

There’s so many times he wanted to call Leo. But he never did.

Actually, he realized that Leo was not the only one to be blame for all things that happened. Lucas thinks that maybe he was too concerned of what other people were talking about them.

 

. . . . . .  

Lucas gets ready to go out that evening. Jeffrey just called him and wanting to meet up since they haven’t hang out together for months.

“How are you?” Jeffrey asks after Lucas sits on the chair.

“Fine. How about you?”

“I’m good.” Jeffrey answers and smiles. “So, how things going on?”

They spend around fifteen minutes talking about their current work; their classes and filming.

That’s before Jeffrey mentions Leo’s name.

“I met Yang Ye Ming two days ago.” Jeffrey sees the change of Lucas’ face, but he continues anyway.

“It’s rare to see him without you beside him.” Jeffrey chuckles a bit. He’s waiting for Lucas’ response.

Lucas doesn’t know how he should react to what Jeffrey just said. ‘What should I say? Did Jeffrey knew what happened?’ was what Lucas thought in his mind.

“I knew.” Jeffrey admits. He can guess what Lucas was thinking.

“But not from Ye Ming. It’s Xiao Long ge who tells me. Ye Ming doesn’t even want to talk about what happened between you two. He just said that it’s all his fault, and you’re not the one to blame.”

Jeffrey wait for what Lucas will say. He wants to help Leo and Lucas. He feel responsible as their friend.

“He told me he loves me.” Lucas said after a moment of silence. There’s no harm in telling Jeffrey, Lucas thinks. He is their good friend after all.

“Finally. I always wonder when he will confess to you.” Jeffrey smiles. That’s surprises Lucas.

“What?! What did you just say?”

Jeffrey chuckles.

“Yao Wang, everyone knew already how Yang Ye Ming feels towards you. From the way he looks at you, smile at you, treat you, protect you and everything else he did for you. It’s hard to pretend that we don’t know.”

Jeffrey’s statement made Lucas stoned.

“But why did he left the house? If he’s already confessed to you, you guys should be together by now. Well…unless you rejected him. But then, why you did so?”

“What do you mean?! That I should accept him? Like that?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Wha- what?! Why should I?”

“Because you love him too.” Jeffrey simply said that with a smile on his face.

“What? N- no! I’m not!”

“Yao Wang, listen to me. I know why you’re acting like this. You care too much of what other people are talking about you and Yang Ye Ming. You’re afraid of their impression on you. However, you shouldn’t pay too much attention to them. They’re not the one who lives your life. But you, yourself. So, make decision based on what you want. Especially what your heart want the most. Ask yourself, ask until you sure. Forget anyone else. Just think about yourself and what you want. Do you really only consider Ye Ming as your friend? Do you really not feel anything when you’re with him? Don’t you miss him when he left you? Don’t your heart hurts thinking about him when he’s not with you anymore?”

Lucas’ eyes start b with tears. He looks away from Jeffrey, not wanting him to see that. But that’s useless anyway because Jeffrey already saw that Lucas in the verge of crying.

All of the questions Jeffrey just asked to him did occurred to himself from time to time, but washed away when he remembers what other people said about how they shouldn’t have that kind of relationship.

But now when someone else asks him, Lucas can’t find himself to avoid that feelings anymore.

“If both of you have the same feelings, then you guys should now be in each other’s arms, not hurting and being away from each other like this. You miss him, don’t you?”

There’s no use of lying anymore, Jeffrey knew anyways.

Lucas nods his head.

“What should I do?” Lucas sniffed.

“Don’t be so stubborn anymore. Just follow your heart, then you’ll know what you supposed to do.”

Lucas wipes away his tears. Jeffrey is right, he should follow his heart. And the only thing that his heart wants now is to have Leo back to him again.

Lucas is indeed, without a doubt has the same feeling Leo has towards him.

“Will he forgives me? Will he accepts me?”

“I believe he will. It’s not too late for you to get him back. Just don’t give up.”

“When you met Yang Ye Ming two days ago… how does he looked? I mean… is he okay?” Lucas wanted to know, so he asked.

“Hmm… physically yes, but maybe not emotionally. He tries not to show it, but his eyes can’t lie how broken and sad he is.”

Jeffrey’s answer make Lucas’ heart clenched. The only words repeating in his mind is, ‘I’m hurting him.’

 

After his meeting with Jeffrey, Lucas realized how stupid he was for not admitting his own feelings, for listen too much to other people, and mostly for hurting the person he loves.

“I’m sorry Yang Ye Ming. I promised I will fix things between us.”

 

-

When Xiao Long called him to meet up at the company, Leo thought that there were only both of them. He surprises to find Lucas was already there sitting with their manager.

“Yang Ye Ming. Hurry, sit here.” Xiao Long said.

Lucas turns his head, having a look at the person he can now admits that he loves him, too.

Their eyes locked for a second, before Leo looks away immediately, before he able to see Lucas’ smile.

Lucas’ smile disappears. He feel disappointed at how clearly Leo not wanting to look at him. But Lucas knew that was because of his own fault, so he deserves it.

What Lucas doesn’t know is that Leo can’t bear to look at him because he keeps recalling all the things Lucas had said to him.

Leo doesn’t want to be taken off guard if he stares at Lucas for too long, he might want to jump on him and tells him just how much he misses and loves him. He can’t. Because to Leo, Lucas will never love him.

After Leo sit, keeping a distance from Lucas, their manager starts to discuss the purpose of their meeting.

“You guys know that you guys has a fan meeting soon, right? Also, acting class together.”

Both Leo and Lucas nod their heads.

“It will be inconvenient if you guys are living separately.”

There’s a moment of silence after what their manager mentioned.

Actually, it was Lucas’ plan. He talk to their manager before that he wants Leo back, living with him again. Xiao Long is totally agree with that.

Leo sigh.

“Yang Ye Ming.” Their manager calls Leo’s name, wanting to know his decision.

Lucas is so nervous. He’s afraid if Leo is rejecting the idea. But he doesn’t say anything.

"Yao Wang is fine if you come back to the house.” Xiao Long adds more.

Leo looks directly at Lucas. After he sees Lucas nods with a smile, he instantly looks away again.

Leo feels weird seeing Lucas smiling at him, as if they were okay with each other. Leo thinks that maybe Lucas is pretending just because their manager wants them to live together back again.

After a minute more on contemplating, Leo finally agrees.

“Fine… I’ll move back to the house tomorrow.”

Lucas lets out a relief sigh, silently. He wonders how Leo felt inside because that man is expressionless, not showing any emotion.

Lucas knows Leo is still upset with him. Blame himself for that. But for now, having Leo agreed on living with him again is more than enough.

“Okay, you should go back and pack your things.” Xiao Long said to Leo.

Leo nods. He stands up and about to take his leave.

“Err… Yang Ye Ming.” Lucas finally gathered his courage to talk to Leo. “Can we talk for a moment?”

“No.” Leo replies as instantly as Lucas finished his sentence. Leo continues his steps on going back to pack things up.

Truth is, Leo is not ready to talk with Lucas.

On the other hand, Lucas is undeniably surprised by Leo’s reply. He doesn’t expect that.

Lucas admits it hurts him. But he knows, Leo must be hurt so much more.

‘It’s okay, he is still hurting. And it’s my fault.’- Lucas said to himself.

Lucas can’t wait for tomorrow, when Leo is finally will be back to his side again.

.

.

.

 

A/N: Finally, Lucas realizes his feelings. But Leo is still hurting. 'Yao Wang, you gonna have to try hard on getting Ye Ming's heart.' >,<     So, how's you guys think of this chapter? :))