So Close, yet So Far

He is Love

Lucas keeps on walking back and forth at the living room. He can’t sit silently, waiting for Leo to finally arrive at their home.

When he heard the door opening, Lucas quickly makes his way to the door to welcome Leo.

“Welcome back.” Lucas greets Leo, though he slightly feels nervous.

However, his greeting was ignored by Leo who just walk pass him. The said man goes straight to his room.

“Yang Ye Ming.”

Lucas follows Leo to his room, but Leo didn’t give him chance to get in as he closes the door instantly. Lucas was left dumbfound.

Leo sits on his bed and lets out a sigh. Damn, he really misses Lucas. Just hearing his voice make Leo’s heart beats faster.

If he can, he does want to hug Lucas as soon as he steps inside this house. But Leo thinks he has no rights to do that, especially after their big argument weeks ago, after he came to realization that he meant nothing to Lucas.

After their meeting yesterday, Leo actually has been thinking on how he supposed to act or behave when he come back to this house.

He couldn’t even treat Lucas as how he usually did before he confessed his feelings. Leo doesn’t know what to call his relationship with Lucas. Even the term ‘friend’ doesn’t fit them anymore, he thinks.

So, Leo comes to conclusion that he will try not to pay attention to Lucas and act like they are some strangers. It is better to not stay too close to Lucas. After all, Lucas wants him to forget his feelings.

-

It’s been a week since Leo is back to their home. However, Lucas doesn’t get the chance to talk with him. Leo is always avoiding him.

Every time Lucas wants to talk, Leo would give an excuse like he is tired or what so.

Even though Leo is back, he rarely stays at home.

Lucas feels as though they are so close, yet so far with each other.

Most of the days, when they don’t have classes, Leo would be out in the morning and come back at night.

Leo never eats with him anymore. Back then, Leo always be the one who ordered or cooked and making sure Lucas is eating.

Now, Lucas realized how ungrateful he is for not appreciating Leo while the man would do everything just for him.

But, that was before. Now Lucas knows how much Leo means to him.

-

Lucas knocks on Leo’s door.

“Yang Ye Ming.”

It takes him few more times before Leo opens the door.

“What?”

“Let’s eat breakfast. I bought sandwich.” Lucas said.

“No, thanks.”

Leo was about to close the door, but Lucas stops him.

“Please. Just for a while. You rarely eat now.”

It takes a minute for Leo to say, “Fine.”

They sit at the dining table and start to eat.

After they finish, Lucas opens his mouth to talk before Leo avoiding him again.

“Yang Ye Ming, I –”

“Don’t. If you want to talk about us or what happened before, just don’t.” Leo interrupts what Lucas was about to say.

“But, until when? It’s been a week since you’ve come back here, but we never get a chance to talk. We need to settle things between us.”

“I don’t see any important thing for us talk about.” Leo responds. “What else do you want? I don’t get it.”

“I don’t want you to treat me like a stranger.”

“Yao Wang, this is the only way. You wanted me to sort out my feelings. Why are you making things harder between us?”

“But, I –”

“Just stop it. I don’t want to discuss more.”

Leo stands up and walks back to his room. He locked himself inside there.

Lucas feels disappointed at Leo cold treatment towards him. Everytime he wants to talk, things just don’t work out.

-

The next day, they have fan meeting at Shanghai.

Lucas wonders how they supposed to act in front of their fans.

“Yang Ye Ming, we can’t be like this. What would our fans think?”

“Just be professional. I know what I’m doing. We don’t have to pretend so much just to please other people.”

Leo said before walks away from Lucas.

.

Their fan meeting went quite smoothly. They interact with the fans, singing, play games and so on.

Yes, Leo is smiling, laughing and everything Lucas hasn’t get to see the past week. But, Leo didn’t touch or flirt with him at all, except if they have to do it for a game. If not, Leo will avoid getting too much interaction with Lucas. He just interacts more with their fans.

Even when the MC asks Leo to carry Lucas bridal style, Leo is the one who refuses it instead of Lucas. Lucas is disappointed with that.

.

“Hey, you guys know that most of the fans are quite upset because you guys don’t have so much touching and flirting.”

Their manager opens the topic.

“Hmm,” was Leo’s only response.

 “Yang Ye Ming.” The manager calls his name.

“What, ge?”

Xiao Long stares at Leo for a minute.

“Why are you being like this?”

“What? We’re not lovers, we shouldn’t flirting or touching too much with each other. Other people would mistake our relationship and talk bad about us. We wouldn’t want that aren’t we?”

Lucas knows better why Leo said that way. After all, he is the one who concerns too much about what other people think. Leo isn’t wrong.

But that was before. Things are different now. But then again, Lucas never gets a chance to talk with Leo about his real feelings.

“You guys haven’t settle things yet, aren’t you?”

“We didn’t get a chance to talk about it.” Lucas said after he notices that Leo doesn’t want to answer their manager’s question.

“Yao Wang, you said you want to work it out.” Xiao Long asks when he was alone with Lucas only.

“I want to, but Yang Ye Ming keeps avoiding me. I didn’t have the chance to talk with him. I didn’t have the chance to tell him my feelings.” Lucas sighed.

“I really hope you two would work out.” Xiao Long wished.

“You don’t know how much I pray for that.” Lucas said in a slow voice.

“It’s okay, Yao Wang. Give Ye Ming more times. He’s being so stubborn now.”

“Hmm.” Lucas just hums. He doesn’t know how much time until Leo wants to talk with him.

“Let’s go back.” Xiao Long said when Leo is back from toilet.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Hope you guys enjoying this chapter. Next chapter will be upload soon :))