Goodbye Love

He is Love

Leo realizes that Lucas tries to avoid anything he attempts to do to him. From holding his hand to hugging him, Leo can see that Lucas is uncomfortable with him.

But, why? Lucas was fine with all his actions before this.

-

Lucas tries his best on avoiding Leo. Especially when the man tries to touch him. Lucas starts to feel uncomfortable around Leo.

The reason is, Lucas hears a lot from people about the relationship between the two of them.

People said that they are too close with each other, more than a friend should be. A lot of people also mention how lovingly and protectively Leo towards him. Lucas gets a lot more questions from his family and friends asking about the matter.

Lucas admits that he feel stressed because of that issue.

It leads to him slowly try to avoid any possible physical contact from Leo.

However, Leo doesn't seem he likes the idea of being apart and not be able to do what he used to do with Lucas.

-

Leo thinks he need to know why Lucas is behaving that way. He can't just sit still.

“Let’s talk.” Leo demand.

They both sit at the dining table, face to face.

But Lucas doesn’t even look at Leo. He keeps his head down. Eyes on the table.

“Why do I feel like you’re avoiding me?” Leo starts.

“I’m not.” A short reply coming out from Lucas.

“Don’t lie. Just be honest with me. If I did something wrong, please let me know. Don’t keep running away from me.” Leo’s voice is close to begging.

Truth is, he can’t stand having Lucas avoiding him.

Leo stretches out his hand to hold Lucas’s, but Lucas is faster on pulling his hands away. Lucas does it as instantly as he feels Leo is trying to take his hand.

That action surprises Leo.

“See? You’re avoiding me again.” “What exactly the problem? We were fine before. But now, you don’t even let me hold your hands either.”

“That’s the problem!” Lucas raises his voice.

“What do you mean? That I’m trying to hold your hand is the problem? I always do that to you. You were okay all along before this, how come that become a problem now?” Leo wants an explanation.

“Haven’t you heard what all of these people are saying and talking about us?”

“Yao Wang, what- ”

“People said that you treat me like I am someone special to you. Everything you were doing for me, isn’t like how a friend should treat his friend. And when others trying to be close to me, you act like you were jealous. People keep saying that you treat me like...” Lucas stops for a second.

“Like what?” Leo asks.

“Like… like someone you love. I mean… like a lover.”

There’s a silent after that.

Leo doesn’t know how he should react at the moment. It’s not like what people were saying is a lie.

“Don’t you feel bothered by that, even the slightest?”

Leo doesn’t answer.

“I don’t want people to have the wrong idea about our relationship.”

“Yao Wang, I – ”

“This is crazy, isn't it?” Lucas mutters.

Lucas get up from the chair and take steps to go to his room. He thinks that this talk has no point at all, so he better left. But Leo doesn't think that way.

“What if… what other people were saying is all true?” Leo asks.

Lucas stops his footstep. He turns around to look at Leo.

Leo stands up from his sit. He made his way towards Lucas and stop right in front of him.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Yang Ye Ming.”

Leo never thought of confessing this way to Lucas. But, since they are already in the topic, Leo thought of letting Lucas knows about his real feeling.

“I love you.” Leo’s voice full of affection and honesty.

“Wha- what?!! Don’t even kidding with me right now! I’m serious!”

Lucas is really surprised by Leo's confession. That never crossed his mind.

“I’m serious too. I love you. More than a friend.”

“Yang Ye Ming, you-”

Lucas aren’t able to finish his sentence as he feels Leo cups his face between his hands. It surprises him more when he feels Leo’s lips are on his own.

Leo is kissing him. On the lips. Lucas hearts flutters, but he knows this is wrong.

Leo wanted to prove to Lucas that he indeed loves him.

It takes Lucas about thirty seconds for him to recover from his shock, before he pushes Leo away and slap the man.

“What are you doing?!! You’re crazy!!”

“I just want you to know my real feeling.” Leo replied, not bothered to feel the hurt from the slap he received.

“Do you even think what you were doing?!!”

Lucas feels like he is about to explode from things that happening at this moment.

“This is wrong! How can you love me?!! This is so ridiculous!”

“Yao Wang, please listen to- ”

“You just did something disgraceful at me!”

Leo knows Lucas meant the kiss. That hurt his feeling, because for him the kiss was one of the perfect moment in his life.

“Listen to me, Yang Ye Ming! I don’t think I can consider you as my best friend anymore. You just cross the line you shouldn’t. And just so you know, I would never love you back!”

That words from Lucas hurts Leo so much. The hurt from the hard slap Lucas was giving him before  is nothing compared to the words he spits at him just now.

“Please listen to me first.” Leo is begging.

“No, there’s nothing to talk or to listen anymore!”

Lucas walks away to his room and slam the door as hard as he can.

That night, both can't say the were really sleeping. The tension between them were too much to ignore.

……

The next morning, Leo tries to talk again with Lucas. They can't just left what's between them hanging in the air.

“About last night... About the kiss-”

“Don’t even mention that! Just thinking about it makes me feel sick!” Lucas cuts what Leo was about to say.

Leo realizes how disgusted Lucas might feel at him when he kissed him last night.

“I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I should never do that to you. I'm so sorry, I never think it’d be this way.”

Lucas sneers. “What? You never think you fell in love with me? You should know better it is wrong!”

“Yao Wang, I know you’re thinking that all of this were wrong. That I’m loving you is wrong. But I want you to know that I never thought I fell in love with you. That’s not the choice I could easily made on my own. It was my heart who choose you. I also never thought I fell in love with a man. Not until you come in my life. I realizes that this feeling is wrong at first, but whenever I'm with you, I can't stop myself from keep on falling in love with you, every second. That's when I think that I will just go on with this feeling because although it seems wrong to other people, it doesn't for me. Loving you feel so right, more than anything else.”

It's a lie if Lucas said that he's not feel touched by Leo's confession. But Lucas doesn't want to let that feeling lingers too long. Whatever Leo tries to explain, Lucas still think that all of this were wrong.

“Listen. What is already wrong in the beginning, can never be right. No matter what you say.” Lucas stated.

“Yao Wang. I don't expect for you to accept my feeling. But at least, don't treat me like I'm a stranger. We can still be friends, right?” Yes, it's hard for Leo to say that. But what else can he offers. That is much better rather than he has to lose Lucas.

“Do you think we can be friends after I know how you feel towards me?” Lucas continues again. “No, Yang Ye Ming. I don’t think I’ll ever be comfortable with you anymore, knowing your real feeling.”

“Was it that hard for you?” Leo's voice tone was low. What more can he say.

“Yes, it is. Looking at you was even harder. It's better if we stay away from each other,  for awhile. It might help to let you sort out your feelings.Who knows that feeling will vanish after we're being apart from one another.” Lucas suggested.

“That won't be so easy. My feelings for you were so real and sincere. It won't just go away even we are apart.” Leo admits.

“Argghh, just do it! Fine, if you don't want, let me be the one who get out from this house!”

That startled Leo.

“No, Yao Wang! Please, no. I'll go, I promised. You stay, okay.” Leo decided. There's no way he will let Lucas goes out from the house.

“I'll be out by today. You have nothing more to worry.”

Leo looks at Lucas with his sad eyes. Is this how his love story ends? A painfully sad ending?

“I'll go pack my things.”

Lucas doesn't even make an effort to look at Leo when the said man walks to his room. Shouldn't he finally feels relief? Lucas wonders. Why part of his heart are aching from all this?

-

While Leo is busy packing his things, Lucas locked himself shutly in his room.

Lucas is trying to convince a part of himself that this decision is a wise decision to be made. Yes, if they were not together, Leo can sort out his feelings and people will stop talking negatively about them. That's exactly what Lucas have in mind.

But, Lucas can't find himself to be glad at the moment.

-

That evening, before he left, Leo knocks on Lucas' door.

“You don't have to open the door. I just want to say few words before I go.” Though Leo doubts Lucas will open the door either.

“Yao Wang... These past few months knowing and living together with you was one of the best things ever happened in my life.”

Lucas listens silently from inside his room.

“Thank you for being so nice to me all this long, and being the best people I've ever known. Just.. don't forget to eat full meals, not just instant noodles and snacks. Take medicine if you're sick, don't go out without umbrella if it's raining, don't forget to lock the main door when you stay home all alone.” Leo said.

'I won't be the one to remind you all of that anymore', was what Leo thought in his mind alone.

Leo's eyes b with tears. But he tries his best holding it from falling.

“I'm sorry... really sorry if my feelings toward you puts you in a hard situation.”

Leo silents for a minute, looking for any other words before he really left.

“Please, take care of yourself. Goodbye... Yao Wang...”

Lucas hears the sound of Leo's luggage being dragged. Leo is really leaving now.

Lucas feels bad and sad after hearing Leo's words. He tries to hold back his tears, but he can't.

However, Lucas doesn't go out to see Leo's off from the house that day. He keep himself inside his room until night comes.

Leo doesn't tell where he will go and stay, and Lucas thinks that is for the best. He better don't know.

.

.

.

A/N: I upload this chapter a few days late from I originally uploaded in wattpad. I'm sorry, it's hard when I can't upload it using my phone. Finally, I'm able to upload using my laptop. Anyway, enjoy this chapter and if you guys don't mind you guys can leave any comment on how you guys think of this chapter. TQ :))