Thoughts

24Hours

 

Friday. It used to be one of Momo's favorite days of the week until she realized it was the day she didn't get to see Mina. She couldn't believe she was actually having that thought.

On the previous day, they worked so hard on the academy practice they almost finished learning the 'U Go Girl' choreo in one go. Momo was proud of herself and everyone for it. Also, she couldn't be happier that Mina worked so well with them, even though it was the first time they all danced together. It seemed like her presence was now motivating. At least for Momo.

But Friday meant no Project or academy class. If that wasn't enough, Sana decided to take Tzuyu on a lunch date just for the sake of it, and Pinky was also busy, so Momo was left all alone. Since she didn't want to go home and have lunch in silence, Momo decided to have lunch at the school cafeteria.

But it seemed she hit the jackpot and made the best decision ever. When she was looking for a place to sit, tray in her hands, she found Mina all by herself. Of course she had to go join her, but Momo didn't know what she was going to say to her. Ask if she was waiting for someone? Ask if she was alone? She didn't want to sound rude by sitting without permission. Was it any use to overthink it?

"Can I?" She ended up saying the simplest thing possible.

Mina jerked her head towards the blonde, who was still standing, and her eyebrows rose.

"M-Momo-senpai! Of course!"

Momo sat next to her and took a quick look at the things in front of Mina – a coke, a wrinkled sandwich package, an English book, a notebook and a pencil case with a super cute penguin pattern.

"What are you doing? Have you eaten yet?" Momo asked, taking a big bite of rice.

"Yes, I have. I was playing a game on my phone while I was taking a break from studying."

"You only ate a sandwich?"

"Y-Yeah, I was not very hungry."

Momo frowned. She looked at her food and grabbed a bit of chicken with her chopsticks.

"That's not a proper meal. Here."

"Oh, t-there's no need Momo-senpai, I'm not hungry!" Mina refused, shaking her head, but seeing Momo pout cutely, she ended up for accepting it, with her cheeks getting a bit warmer. "Thank you."

"I don't share my food with everyone like this, just so you know." She said, extending her chopsticks, holding a bite of rice, towards Mina.

Mina accepted it again, munching on the food with a smile. Was she actually feeding her? Why? Momo was observing her, instead of eating her food. For heaven's sake, since when did she pay attention to anything else when she had food in front of her?!

Oh, Mina had a grain of rice on the corner of lips. But instead of just warning her about it, Momo reached towards her face with her hand, so she could wipe it herself. Mina noticed, though, and as a reflex, she moved her head away. It was enough for Momo to understand what she was doing.

"S-Sorry, you have a..." She said, pointing to her lips.

Instead of wiping it with a napkin or even with her finger, like a normal person, she her lips all the way until its corners, actually managing to catch the little rice grain.

Momo returned her attention to her food, where it should have been, because now her heart was beating like crazy. Mina didn't do it on purpose, did she? Momo had noticed her doing it before – her lips – so it was just a habit, right?

A kpop song suddenly started playing from Mina's phone. Momo looked at her again and she had a super focused expression on, eyes not blinking, glued to her phone. The blonde leaned just a bit to watch the girl play the game on her phone. Mina was hitting all the notes, her fingers moving to the left and to the right in light speed. Momo wouldn't dare speak until the song was over, because she didn't want to distract Mina. Then, the song ended, and only then, Mina noticed Momo had been observing her all the time.

"What game is that? You're so good!" Momo asked, getting another bite of her food. Normally, she ended her meal faster than anyone else, and barely anything could distract her from it. This day though, was different.

"Oh, thank you. It's SuperStar SMTOWN. It's a rhythm game and you can play lots of songs from SM's artists, wanna try it?"

"Does it have EXO?!"

"Yes, a lot of songs."

Mina handed her the phone. Momo scrolled through the giant list of songs, until she found EXO – Call me Baby. She didn't choose that one on purpose though. They shared a look with a smile, both of them remembering the cover they presented earlier that week. Momo clicked the play button on a whim. What she didn't see was that the game was set on hard mode. She only knew when the notes started popping up everywhere on the screen and she lost in the first 5 seconds. She looked at Mina, her chin dropping. Mina was giggling.

"What the hell happened?! This is impossible! Do they expect me to play with my ten fingers? How do you do it?!"

"I've played this for a long time. I couldn't play on hard mode at first either, you need to start from the easy ones and gradually raise the difficulty. Here, try now."

Now that was something Momo could play. She didn't remember the last time she played a videogame. And it seemed like a lot of fun.

"I need to install that on my phone." Momo said, giving back her phone when she successfully ended the song.

"You definitely should, it's a lot of fun."

Mina played one more song while Momo finally finished her meal.

"Were you studying English?"

Mina nodded, opening back her book and her notebook, and grabbing a pen. Momo leaned forward, frowning at all the complicated sentences she couldn't understand.

"You don't like it?"

"It's not like that, I'm just kinda bad at it..." Momo confessed, a bit embarrassed.

"I can help you, if you want to."

In a split second, Momo's features lit up. She opened her bag and took her own English book, her notebook and a pen.

"But..." Momo frowned again, remembering a small detail. "We're not learning the same things."

Mina smiled.

"Let me see what you're studying now."

Momo did so, opening her book on the page from that day's class.

"I don't really understand those..." Momo sighed, remembering her struggle during class.

"Oh, the difference between present continuous and present perfect continuous..." Mina read the title of the page. "I can help you with it."

Momo looked at Mina with a quirked eyebrow.

"But this is a year ahead of you, how do you know this?"

"I guess I never told you, but I'm not from Japan actually. I was born in Texas, and I lived there until I was around five, so I grew up learning English and Japanese. Of course I'm not fluent in English, because then my parents moved back to Japan, when, you know, they still had a healthy relationship. I always loved English so beside learning the basics when I was younger, I always studied a lot by myself."

Incredible how each passing day, Momo learned new things about Mina. When would the red haired girl stop surprising her?

"That's really cool. So, you're not only a great dancer, but you're also smart."

Since when was Momo comfortable enough to compliment her like that? She did it so naturally, it seemed like such a normal thing to do. Maybe it was because Momo thought that way about her, but wasn't used to voicing those thoughts.

Mina could only smile, embarrassed. Then, she grabbed her notebook and started her explanation.

"So, in present continuous, the action is happening in that exact moment. For example, 'I'm helping Momo-senpai study'." She said in English, while writing it down slowly. Momo leaned closer so she could follow her explanation. "In present perfect continuous, the action has already started somewhere in the past, but it's still happening. For example, 'We have been practicing together for Project class'."

Momo was seriously trying to pay attention and follow everything she said, but something else was way more interesting than verb tenses. Mina's cute accent, her delicate hand grabbing the pen, her beautiful handwriting, how her t-shirt was slightly showing her collarbone and her shoulder, how her bangs were long enough to almost cover her eyes. It sure was disturbing Mina's vision, so Momo gently fixed her bangs with her fingers, putting them aside. Then, their eyes met, Momo's fingers still hovering near her face. Their faces were too close. Momo could perfectly see Mina's long eyelashes.

"Y-Your bangs are growing fast..." Momo said, retracting her hand, resting it on the table. Her knuckle curled up, as if she was holding something precious inside, still feeling the softness of Mina's hair on the tip of her fingers.

"I-I'm trying to let them grow."

"Why? You look really pretty with them."

Complimenting Mina – round two. Both girls' cheeks reddened.

"T-Thank you, but I'm kind of tired of them, I guess. And the weather is getting hotter, they make my forehead sweat."

"Oh, I-I see."

"Don't you get tired of yours? D-Don't get me wrong, they look great on you!"

"That's a relief, because I look terrible without them." Momo chuckled.

"I bet you don't."

"How do you know? You never saw me without them."

"Because you're so pretty, I bet everything would suit you."

"Even if I was bald?"

"Even if you were bald."

They looked at each other for a couple seconds before breaking into loud laughter. Momo could be laughing, but inside, she felt like she was going to explode with the intensity of her heart thumping.

Momo resumed the English study session, or else she was going to be distracted with whatever else about the red haired girl. She found herself enjoying English all of a sudden now. It seemed so much fun to learn, to speak and to listen, especially in a certain someone's voice. Not only did Mina know a lot, she also explained everything so well Momo was actually understanding everything she said. Momo was sure she learned more in the last hour with Mina than since the beginning of the year in actual English classes.

Mina stretched her arms upwards, letting out a loud sigh.

"I think we can call it a day." Momo said, letting her body lean against the chair.

She checked the time on her phone and it was near 3pm. She would only be meeting Jungwon in two hours, so she had plenty of free time. Not that she minded spending them studying English with Mina, but what about going out and enjoy the good weather?

"Whenever you need help with English, just tell me." Mina smiled, packing her things on her bag.

"Thank you, I'm sure will."

They walked together to the school entrance, stopping before the curve to the parking lot.

"See you tomorrow at the academy, Momo-senpai."

"S-See you tomorrow."

But Momo didn't want Mina to leave. To leave her alone.

"Myoui-chan!" She called. Mina stopped and turned back. "A-Are you free today?"

"Yes, I am."

Momo wondered how stupid she looked with the weird grin that grew on her lips.

---

"What if I fall? I don't wanna get hurt! If I injure myself, we're going to be one person down for the performance and it's gonna be your fault." Mina whined.

Momo giggled.

"Look how easy it is."

First, Momo fixed her cap on her head. Then, she put her left foot on the front part of the skateboard and with a gentle push of her right foot on the floor, she started rolling forward. A few meters ahead, she curved, rolling back towards Mina, stopping right beside her.

"See?"

"You say it's easy because you already know how to ride a skateboard!" Mina frowned.

"Well, that's true... But don't worry, I'll teach you, okay? Take it easy. You need to be able to balance on the skate first."

Mina sighed. She started wondering why she agreed on learning how to ride a skateboard with Momo, because she was scared of falling and hurting herself. But she was going to trust the blonde. Momo placed the skateboard between them.

"Put your left foot here." Momo pointed at the back of the board. Mina did so. "Since you're so afraid of falling, grab my shoulders." And again, Mina complied, not saying a word. All that situation was too familiar to the both of them, and remembering it made them blush. "Now put your right foot on the front."

"How do I do that without falling?!"

"You're not going to fall because you're holding on to me!"

"But I'm still afraid!"

Momo laughed and Mina looked at her in disbelief.

"Why are you making fun of me?"

"I'm not! It's just that you're cute."

Complimenting Mina – round three. Really, three times on the same day?!

Mina looked away from the blonde's teasing smile.

"Don't let me fall, please."

And with a quick movement, Mina hopped on the skate, putting her right foot on the front part, gripping Momo's shoulders.

"See, you did it!" Momo grinned, seeing Mina stand on the skateboard.

"And now what?" Mina was still holding on Momo's shoulders, fearing that in the moment she would let go, she would fall on her .

"Now bend your knees a bit, look forward and turn your body and your feet a little."

"But that way I can't hold on you!"

"It's okay, I'll hold you."

It was too late now. She had already said it. She couldn't hold her arms or else she would not be able to balance. Momo was trying to figure out where she could put her hands, in order to hold her and not turn the whole situation awkward for the both of them. A little bit above the waist was not problematic, right?

Momo gently placed her hands on each side of Mina's ribs as to hold her. Mina trembled a bit and Momo could feel how she was shaking slightly.

"I'm not going to let you fall." Momo reasured, pushing her forward, the skateboard slowly starting to move.

Even holding her, Momo felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She smiled, looking at Mina and watching her expression, amidst fear and excitement. Definitely cute.

Mina didn't notice, but Momo was not holding her anymore. She was rolling by herself, only holding on to Momo's shoulder, a smile on her lips.

The skate came to a stop a few meters ahead.

"See, you didn't fall. And I wasn't holding you." Momo smiled.

"You weren't?!"

Mina lost her balance as the skate rolled away from her feet, her body threatening to fall, but Momo was fast enough to catch her before. She grabbed wherever her hands could, the same for Mina, who tried to have Momo stop her from falling. The blonde had one hand on Mina's waist and the other holding her right arm while Mina gripped on her arms. Mina looked up at the blonde.

"I told you I wasn't going to let you fall." Momo smiled, helping Mina straighten herself.

"T-Thank you."

---

"How long have you been skating?" Mina asked, after sitting next to Momo on one of the park benches.

"Hm..." Momo counted her fingers, muttering something Mina didn't understand. "Six months."

"Did you learn by yourself?"

"No, Jungwon taught me. I think if it wasn't for him, I would have never been interested in it, but I'm glad he taught me, because it's a lot of fun." Momo said with a smile appearing on her lips.

"Jungwon?" Mina raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, it's my boyfriend. I think I never told you his name." Momo said, with that proud smile of hers whenever she talked about him to anyone.

Mina only nodded and looked away from Momo's eyes, the same weird expression from when Momo showed her his photo. And she still couldn’t tell what kind of expression was that.

"He also taught me how to ride a bike! That was also why I got interested and decided to get my license and my own bike."

"That's cool." Mina said, looking again at Momo, but her voice showed barely any emotion. "What else did he teach you?" 

"How to play the guitar, although I don't have one to practice and I know only the basics. And I'm not very good at it." Momo chuckled at her own helplessness.

Mina returned a smile, but a very different one from the what Momo had seen so far. This was not... as beautiful as usual.

"Is he a guitarist?"

"Not quite. He also plays the piano, but he's studying composition and song writing. He also sings so well! And his voice is amazing. I love it when he plays the guitar and sings for me." Momo said, her voice dreamy and her eyes glowing. "He's very talented, I'm sure he will be a great composer or singer in the future." She ended with that smile.

Speaking of it, she remembered something. Mina is a Dance and Vocal student, but she never heard her singing. And now that she thought about it, she wanted to hear it, badly. But she didn't have the courage to ask her. And it would be awkward, too. Momo could just hope someday she could hear Mina singing for her. Or... just sing.

Momo was still having a hard time deciphering Mina's gaze. She was staring at the ground with a blank face. Momo felt like she killed the mood and made things awkward again. But she couldn't stop staring at her. She didn't remember seeing a profile as marvelous as hers. Her nose was perfectly straight and pointy, her upper lip thick and prominent, her chin round and her jaw line sharp. Not to mention how long her neck was. Momo had never seen a profile like hers in her entire life.

Done with admiring Mina's face from the side, Momo stood up.

"B-But let's stop talking about him! Let's roll a bit more. Oh, do you wanna see a cool trick? I think I got it just right a few days ago."

"S-Sure, why not. Just don't get hurt."

Momo smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up. Mina followed the blonde with her eyes as she got on her skate and rolled so easily, so naturally. She pushed a couple times to gain more speed and with a swift, complex feet movement, she jumped, making the skate spin under her feet in the air, landing perfectly after. Momo turned the skate in Mina's direction, stopping in front of her.

"Cool, right?" Momo asked, a bit cocky, but her smile was so radiant it made Mina smile too.

And that was the smile Momo knew. A smile along with a soft, melodic giggle.

"How many times did you fall trying to do that?"

"Hm... A couple times..?" Momo quirked an eyebrow.

"Times ten?" Mina teased with a sly chuckle.

The blonde pressed her lips together, eyeing Mina with her eyebrows drawn together.

"But yeah, it was cool. You look pretty cool riding a skateboard." Mina confessed.

Finally, what Momo wanted to hear. She took her own cap and teased Mina by slamming it on her head, making it cover her eyes so she wouldn't see how red her face looked.

---

A boy was walking in the park, with a skateboard under his arm, looking for his girlfriend. They had decided to meet at the park near her school, where they normally skate together. He was looking around until she found her a few meters ahead, walking beside a girl on a skate. That girl, whose identity Jungwon instantly figured by her red hair, rolled on Momo's skate, wearing her cap and holding Momo's hand.

He didn't know they were getting along so well. Momo had stopped hating on her, that he already knew, but he didn't imagine her acting like that with the girl. It made him smile, proud of her for finally getting along with her.

Jungwon was right behind them. Since it was understandable that Mina didn't know how to ride a skate, he waited for her to jump off of it, so he wouldn't scare them.

"I see Momo is well accompanied." He smiled.

Both girls, still holding hands, jerked their heads towards him. Momo beamed and Mina seemed surprised by his sudden appearance, since Momo didn't warn her he would join them.

"Jungwon!" Momo let go of Mina's hand and jumped to hug him, as if she had forgotten Mina was there.

He hugged her back with his free arm, since the other was holding the skate, and kissed her cheek, right next to her lips. Mina looked away the second it happened, holding her own hand and squeezing it, biting on her lower lip. He pulled away and looked at her from head to toe.

"Wanna introduce your friend to me?" He asked Momo, his mocking tone clear, since it was obvious he knew who she was, by the million times Momo had talked about her during the past week.

Momo threw him a deadly glare.

"This is-"

"The infamous Myoui Mina!" He concluded for Momo, earning another death glare from her, and a surprised one from Mina. "I'm finally meeting you! Momo said you're really cute, and indeed you are!"

Momo's eyes widened until they couldn't anymore. As for Mina, her face went red and she couldn't look at any of them.

"D-Did I say that?" She tried to save her , laughing nervously, feeling her ears heat up.

"Of course you did, a thousand times!" Not only she had said it to him, she also said it to Mina earlier, on that same day, but it seemed she forgot about that already. "And that she's a great dancer, and-" He was enjoying it too much, but Momo elbowed his arm.

"Myoui-chan, this is Yoo Jungwon."

"H-Hello, nice to meet you." Mina bowed politely.

"Likewise! Can I call you Myoui-chan too?" He asked with puppy eyes.

"Y-Yes." Mina looked at him. He had a warm, kind smile on his lips and a relaxed posture, completely contrasting with Mina's.

"Hurray!" Jungwon exclaimed, lifting his fist in the air.

"Don't worry, he's always like this, a complete dork." Momo whispered to Mina, behind her hand, as if trying to hide it from Jungwon.

Mina smiled awkwardly. She was trying to keep it cool, but meeting new people always left her tense and lost in what to say.

"Was Momo teaching you how to ride a skate? And you look cool with her cap!" He pointed to Mina's head, where Momo's pink and white cap rested.

"T-Thank you. Yeah, she was trying, but I'm not very good at it."

"You were doing pretty good! You should have seen Momo at the beginning. She could barely stand on the skate without falling on her !" He laughed, remembering it actually happening.

"Hey!" Momo punched him hard on the arm, making him laugh even harder. "Are you trying to embarrass me?! Myoui-chan's not going to fall for that!"

"But it's true! Don't believe her if she says she did it at first and without falling, it's a li-"

"Okay, enough!" Momo had to block his mouth with her hand.

The blonde looked at Mina and mouthed a 'he's joking!', hoping she would understand it. Mina giggled, for real this time.

"So, are you going to stay with us? I can teach you better than her." Jungwon smirked and Momo clicked her tongue, rolling her eyes.

"Actually, it's getting late, I'm going home now."

"Are you going to walk home?" Jungwon asked, to which Mina nodded. "Is it far? I can give you a ride."

"Thank you but it's not necessary! I don't want to bother you." She waved her hands in front of her.

"Oh come on, I really don't min-"

"I'll do it. I'll take her home. Come with me." She mindlessly grabbed her hand. "Wait for me here Jungwon, I'll be right back." Momo said before starting to walk, dragging Mina along with her.

Jungwon shrugged and waved goodbye.

"Momo-senpai, you don't need to, I said I can wal-"

"And I said I'm taking you home." Momo stopped and looked back at Mina. She didn't know why it came off so aggressive or demanding. "L-Like you said, it's getting late, and you don't need to walk if I can take you there in a minute, r-right?"

Mina only nodded. Momo resumed the walk, and clueless about the reason why, she never let go of Mina's hand.

They reached Momo's bike. She took the helmets from the bike's trunk, handing the spare one to Mina. She looked sadly at it, because that meant that she had to take Momo's cap from her head. She took it off and handed it to Momo, accepting the helmet in exchange, putting it on.

"Keep it." Momo said with the cap in her hand.

"What?"

"You can keep the cap."

"N-No, it's yours! I can't keep it!"

"I have a ton of them at home. And you really liked it, so..."

Mina looked at Momo and then to the cap, repeating it a couple times before smiling and accepting it.

"Thank you, Momo-senpai."

Momo smiled. She hopped on the bike, followed by Mina. The second after, Momo felt that weirdly familiar touch of Mina's arms around her waist. No way she would let Jungwon take her home. No way she was going to let another girl ride on a bike with her boyfriend. This was the logical thing for her to think. But Momo soon realized that she was more bothered by the thought of Mina holding on to someone else's waist. And that thought was scaring the hell out of her.

The thing was... That wasn't the first time Momo had been scared by her own thoughts lately.

---

A/N: Hello everyone, sorry for the long wait! But as promised, here's a chapter full of fluff! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it because who doesn't love to write a good dose of fluff C: <3

And is Momo finally realizing her feelings? kekekeke