Dream

24Hours

 

Mina took a step closer towards Momo and embraced her tightly.

"It's okay, Momo. You can do it." She whispered, planting a kiss on her neck before looking into her eyes.

"It's been almost a whole month and I still can't do it!"

"Yes, you can! Believe in yourself, just like I believe in you." Mina cupped her cheeks and smiled.

Momo looked at her motorcycle. The one she couldn't touch since the accident. Her desire to ride it again was tremendous, but even so, it wasn't enough for her to overcome her trauma.

"Don't think about it. Close your eyes and think about the first time you rode it. It felt great, right?" Mina grabbed her hands.

She complied and searched for the memory at the back of her mind. She was with Jungwon, and he was encouraging her to ride his bike alone, since he was the one teaching her. After many tries, he managed to convince her that she could do it. And in fact, she did it, and she felt the happiest she'd ever felt.

A smile crept in her lips and Mina pecked them.

"See?"

Momo slowly opened her eyes and nodded, then swinging her helmet over her head – the one her dad gave her, but she still hadn't used. She let her hand touch the handle and her foot land on the footrest. Taking a deep breath, she hoped on her bike, keeping one foot on the floor to keep her balance. Her eyes were focused on the road ahead of her and her hand unconsciously gripped the handle.

What if she didn't know how to ride it anymore, and would end up hurting herself again? Or what if someone jumped in front of her again?

A hand came to rest on top of hers, making Momo snap out of her worries and look at Mina. She didn't say anything. Her smile was enough to give the little courage Momo lacked. Smiling back, Momo turned the handle and took her foot off the ground.

Mina stood in place with a smile that radiated pride, watching her girlfriend speed ahead in her bike.

---

Summer vacations were just around the corner, and everyone was giving their best in practice for the school summer festival.

Mina was growing nervous each passing day. Aside from having to perform with the contemporary class, each student would have a small solo part to showcase their skills. Not to mention she was also going to sing live for the first time. But with Tzuyu singing along with her, Momo and Sana as their backup dancers, it was a lot less scary. Since the four of them worked together on an assignment for Yuta sensei's Project class, he just couldn't not give them a performance for the summer festival. Their stage presence and synergy together was something he didn't see every day.

As for Momo and Sana, they were also practicing hard for their street dance group performance.

Two days ahead of the big day, the four girls rested after an intense practice session.

"Minari," Momo whispered, making Mina look at her. "What's wrong?" She asked, noticing the distance in her eyes.

Mina snuggled closer in Momo's neck as to hide her face.

"Something's troubling you. Do you wanna talk about it?" Momo caressed her hair.

She kept quiet for a few seconds.

"It's just that... I've been thinking about my father lately."

Momo frowned.

"He can't go near you now, you don't need to be afraid anymore."

"No, it's not that."

"What is it, then?"

There was a moment of silence. Mina pulled away just enough to look Momo in the eyes.

"Should I visit him?"

Momo couldn't stop her eyes from widening. A part of her wanted to say no without even thinking about it, but wasn't it wrong to say such a thing?

"Why would you want to visit him?"

"I know he did things he shouldn't, and I can never forgive him for hurting you, but I can't stop wondering how lonely he must feel. He's been in jail for the last month. Did he get any visits? I don't think so. Can you imagine what it must feel like?"

"But what if he tries to hurt you again?"

"He's not going to do that. There's guards everywhere, that would only worsen his sentence."

"I still don't trust him. Even knowing he would go to jail if he went near you, he still did it. Why wouldn't he do the same now?"

Momo realized she shouldn't have said that the second Mina looked down in disappointment.

"I-I'm sorry. I should be supporting you, not turning you against him. I'm just really afraid of what he could do to you." Momo squeezed Mina's body against her own.

"I know you're worried, but please, try to understand."

Silence won once again.

"I know, I get it. But I'd like to go with you, then. Just to make sure, if that's okay."

"Momoring..." Mina looked at her eyes and she could see the determination in Momo's.

"Please, let me just be there. I swear I won't do anything."

"Thank you for worrying so much. But you don't have to, okay? I'll take care." Mina squeezed her hand and let her head fall back to Momo's shoulder.

---

Momo missed going to Mina's house to give her a ride. She arrived a bit earlier, as she used to, and waited outside, leaning on her bike. Just when she was about to grab her phone to text her saying she was already there, she heard the front door opening. Her lips transformed into a grin even before her eyes laid on her.

And when they did... Momo's chin dropped.

Mina stood in front of the speechless Momo, feeling the heat reach her face.

"H-Hey." She said, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Your hair is... black? You didn't tell me!" Momo said, forcing an upset voice.

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

Momo stood emotionless, her eyes staring intently at Mina's hair. The bangs were long gone and the black made it shine brighter.

“You're not going to say anything?” Mina pouted.

“There are no words to describe how beautiful you are.”

Mina should be the one embarrassed with Momo’s words, but Momo was the one hiding her face in her hands, cringing at herself.

“I'm sorry, I'm terrible at this.”

“Terribly cute.”

It didn't matter how many times Mina complimented Momo, she wasn't still used to it. A month went by since they started dating, but to Momo, it still felt like a dream world where she floated on clouds and there was free Jokbal laying about.

Hiding her fuming face with her helmet, Momo hopped on her bike, hearing Mina giggle behind her as she hugged her by the waist.

---

Mina never looked so flawless, so humanly-impossible-to-be-that-pretty as she did that day. Momo loved her red hair, but the black gave her a more... mature, mysterious aura. As if there was a side that Momo still didn't know, but was eager to find out. Or maybe it was really just her imagination, she wasn't sure.

Mina stood in the starting position. Her hair was tied in a low ponytail, with a bunch of her used-to-be-bangs falling down her face. Her arms were raised in the air, her hands and fingers delicately positioned, while facing down. As soon as the music started and she moved along with it, shivers ran through Momo's back.

No matter how many times Momo watched Mina dancing, she would always watch her like it was the first time. The stage was full of talented dancers, and putting aside the fact that Mina was her girlfriend, her eyes could only fix on her.

Momo's heart beat faster as Mina's solo segment approached. The other dancers backed away, leaving the whole stage for Mina. After a few quick steps, her body flew, her legs spread in the air in a perfect split and her landing graceful like one of a swan.

A collective awe sounded from the audience, Momo being an exception. She kept her chin low and her eyes wide open, not to waste any millisecond with blinking.

When the performance came to an end, and Mina finished in the same position as she started, Momo finally released the breath she was holding for who knows how long. She couldn't possibly express how proud she was of her girlfriend. Not only for the amazing dance show, but also because her outfit for the performance exposed her abdomen, meaning she wasn't self-conscious about showing her body anymore.

"Momo, we need to go, we're next!" Sana yelled between the explosive clapping from the audience, grabbing Momo's hand.

Momo's class had about a minute to go on stage. She looked around, searching for Mina, finding her like she already knew where she was – at a corner, sitting on the floor with her back against the wall. Momo rushed, passing through busy people walking back and forth. Her steps caught Mina's attention, who looked up with raised eyebrows and an automatic smile.

Momo squatted, cupped Mina's cheeks and leaned forward, planting a caring kiss on Mina's forehead.

"I have too many things to say but no time, so, I love you." Momo said, giving her a supersonic peck on the lips.

Mina's gummy smile was everything she needed before going on stage. After a last call, Momo rushed back, entering the stage with her class.

Her heart thumped, both in excitement and anxiousness. She wanted to give her best, especially because she knew Mina would be watching.

While Mina's class each performed individual solos, Momo and Sana's class was going to dance the whole choreography together. Momo and Sana were both at the front row. If that same performance happened a few months ago, Momo would have wanted everyone to look at her. But now, Momo didn't care if people watched her or anyone else. She was only selfish for Mina's eyes.

Momo was being wrapped in a hug before she'd even set both feet backstage.

"You're the best." She whispered, squeezing Momo's body and feeling her chest rising fast.

"Never better than you."

They had some time to rest now before their last performance together. They sat together where Mina was before. Momo could tell she was growing nervous.

"Everything's gonna be fine." Momo grabbed her hand, smiling at her.

"It's the first time I'm gonna sing in front of so many people... I'm afraid I might ruin it." Mina answered with a small smile.

"The only thing you can ruin is my heart."

Even if Mina wanted to suppress her laugh, she could never.

"Damn, I'm really becoming too cheesy, am I not?"

"Yes."

Momo frowned, and Mina quickly added, "But I love it.”

They allowed silence to settle in and their heads to lean on each other, their hands finding their way to intertwine their fingers.

After the performance with Mina, Momo was sure about something – that she wanted to perform on the same stage as Mina for the rest of her life.

The feeling wasn’t entirely new, since they already danced together in the past. But not in an actual stage, not an actual performance where Momo had the honor of making Mina shine the brightest. There was nothing better than doing the thing she loved the most with the person she loved the most.

And if she was proud just a while ago, she was the proudest now.

---

Momo got up in a jump and ran to open the front door.

"Hi." Mina smiled, and Momo couldn't understand what kind of smile that was.

She pulled the girl into a hug, swinging the door shut.

"M-Momo, I'm fine." She managed to utter with her chest being crushed by Momo's arms.

"Oh God, I was so scared..."

"Momo." Mina whispered, gently pushing her so she could see her eyes. "I just went to visit my father, silly."

"In jail!"

Mina giggled. She grabbed Momo's hand and pulled her towards the sofa.

"H-How did it go?" Momo asked, sitting with one leg under her , turning to face Mina.

"Good, I think."

"You think?"

"He broke in tears the second he saw me." Mina said. "It's weird, but that sight hurt. He understands what he did, and he regrets it. He apologized, to me, and to you."

"To me?" Momo frowned.

"He remembers you, very well. And I... I told him about us."

"You did?!" Momo seemed taken aback.

"I-I'm sorry, it kind of escaped my mouth... because I addressed you as my girlfriend." Mina looked away.

"I-It's okay! I am sorry, I was just surprised. I'm not offended."

Mina returned the look and smiled shyly.

"What did he say?"

"That if I'm dating you, he doesn't have to worry." Momo frowned, and Mina continued. "It was the first time someone actually tried to fight him back, and if I had someone like you, capable of protecting me from someone like him, then I am safe."

Momo kept staring at Mina, without a clue about what to say. Could Mina's father really change?

"I'm not looking for a father figure. I just want to be in peace with him, and I want him to know he's not completely alone in the world. That doesn't mean I've forgiven him, though. But... I feel in peace."

When Momo thought she knew every good thing about Mina, she had to think twice. Would ever be a day when Mina would stop surprising her?

"I'm really happy for you." Momo said, then kissed Mina's forehead. "And proud."

"Thank you."

"What for?" Momo whispered, caressing Mina's cheek with the back of her hand.

"For trusting me, believing in me, loving me, supporting me. I don't know what I would do without you, Momo."

The smile on Momo's lips faded and her heart sank. She didn't expect to hear those words, right before what she had to tell Mina.

"What is it?" Mina asked, seeing the sudden change on her features.

"N-Nothing. You're just beautiful."

"You don't fool me anymore, Momo. What's wrong?"

Momo's eyes wandered away.

"I-In fact, there's something I want to tell you..."

"Whatever it is, don't be afraid." Mina grabbed her hands.

Momo closed her eyes, and took a long, deep breath, in both an attempt to calm herself down, and prepare herself to speak.

"The other day, me and Sana, we received a call... A scout for an entertainment company in Korea saw the video of our performance at school, and they want us to audition."

---

A/N: WARNING – THIS IS NOT THE EPILOGUE!

I know, I said this would be the last, BUT, since I still didn't know how I would actually finish this story, I had the perfect idea yesterday, so, this is the real "last chapter", and there's still gonna be an epilogue c':

I wanna apologize for the EXTREMELY long wait, and I hope you liked the chapter!

Oh, and I've created a girl group one-shot collection! If you're interested, check it out:

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1266808/girl-group-one-shot-collection-fluff-romance-girlxgirl-ioi-twice-wjsn

I'll be posting the epilogue next week! Thank you everyone for the support <3