Think About You

24Hours

 

Momo was naïve if she ever thought she could fool her sister. Ever since that happened, Momo was not the same anymore.

Sana respected Momo's decision in choosing Jungwon, but she honestly didn't support it. She could see her sister was unhappy, but it wasn't as if she could do anything about it. Momo showed her cheerful self at school to her friends and classmates, but as soon as she got home, she became worn out, lifeless, without the will to even dance, which to Hirai Momo was like breathing... or eating.

Sana didn't understand how it had already been a week since Momo and Mina last spoke. After everything that happened, after how much Momo suffered for Mina, after every sweet word shared between the two, they gave up on each other like that. It didn't make sense.

 Sana could never try to convince Momo to end things with Jungwon and live with the guilt of it. But was she just going to keep still, watching her sister suffering every day of her life?

On top of that, at school, everyone swarmed them with questions about what happened that made Momo and Mina ignore each other and why wouldn't Mina eat lunch with them anymore.

At the academy, the damage control was going pretty well thus far. Victoria and the other students all saw it, but nobody wanted to be intrusive, and it would be rude to ask them about it when it didn't even affect practice.

This time was different, though. While changing formations, Mina bumped straight into Momo's shoulder and kept walking, nearly running her over, not even stopping to look at her or apologize. Victoria stopped the song, leaving all of the girls confused.

"That's enough." She said, looking fiercely at the two of them, who met her eyes. "This is unacceptable. If your personal problems are affecting out work as a team, you need to work it out. If you can't even say sorry and look each other in the eye, how do you expect to dance together? There's more people here other than you two, and you're disrespecting their hard work by letting that happen."

A dead silence swept over everyone. It was noticeable in Victoria's voice that she tried to remain as calm as possible, even though her eyebrows were twitching.

Momo felt her face burn, both in embarrassment and anger. She glanced at her sister to earn an apologetic look.

"Now, apologize." Victoria demanded.

Momo rolled her eyes and heard a deep sigh coming from Mina.

"Sorry." Mina muttered, barely audible.

"I didn't hear it."

"I'm sorry." She repeated, and Momo was able to hear it this time.

Her heart skipped a beat. She hadn't heard Mina's voice in so long... Only by hearing it again she understood how much she missed it.

"You too, Momo."

"Eh?" Momo woke up from her thoughts. "Me? She was the one running into me-"

"I said you too, Momo." Victoria interrupted, her face stern and her voice calm but firm.

She clicked her tongue and glanced at Mina.

"I'm sorry."

And for the first time in the last week, Mina met Momo's eyes. How Momo missed that breath-taking stare and getting a close look at her perfect features. Then, she remembered exactly why she wanted to avoid eye contact. And she couldn't waste all of her efforts like that. So, Momo looked away and cleared .

"Good." Victoria concluded, before playing the song again.

The practice went on as smoothly as always after that.

---

"That was completely unnecessary." Momo said, sitting at the table with Sana.

"What?" Sana asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Victoria-sensei. Did she really need to interrupt the practice for that? We're not ten year old kids who need to be scolded." She huffed.

"That's right, you're not, but you're acting like it." Sana mumbled.

Momo dropped her chin.

"Excuse me?"

"Momo, it's true. You're back with Jungwon, you don't need to keep ignoring Mina like that."

"She ignores me too!"

"And she's also acting like she's ten years old!"

Momo opened to say something, but nothing came out.

"Look... I'm honestly tired of it too, you know. You're not happy the way you are." Sana said, making eye contact with Momo to try and sound more convincing.

Momo scoffed and drifted her gaze away.

"Of course I am." She said.

"Really? You call sinking in your bed and staying there for the rest of the day when you get home happy? You really think you're fooling anyone with forcing yourself to smile and laugh at school?" Sana grew more agitated.

"I go to my room because I'm always tired and I still need to rest a lot. I had an accident, in case you forgot." Momo bit on her tongue when she saw the frown on Sana's face. "And what do you mean by forcing myself to smile and laugh?"

"I'm your sister, Momo. How did you even think you'd convince me you're happy?" Sana crossed her arms.

"I don't know what you mean. I'm happy and I smile and laugh genuinely."

"Genuinely fake." Sana gave Momo a satisfying look with a quirked eyebrow and a smirk.

Once again, Momo was defeated by Sana's words, and she just stumbled at her own.

"Why are you even making a big deal out of it?" She tried desperately to finish the conversation.

"Because it wears me down too, Momo. You may think the only one who's suffering is you, but you're wrong. Everyone around you is affected. You still didn't get over it and you will not until you set things right."

Momo clenched her jaw.

"There's nothing to set right. I don't like her anymore. Maybe I never did. I don't really know what the hell happened to me back then. Maybe I was just obsessed with her, for some reason. Or maybe she manipulated me. You know, the quiet ones are the best manipulators."

Sana's chin dropped and her eyebrows raised in her forehead.

"Are you serious?! You're only trying to blame her so you can have a reason to reject your own feelings! How can you say that after everything you did for her? She did nothing to manipulate you, you simply fell in love with the amazing person she is!"

"I did not fall in love with her! It wasn't love!" Momo raised her voice.

"Yes, you did, and you still love her!" Sana answered in the same voice volume.

"NO, I DON'T!" Momo hit the table with her hands.

Sana recoiled. She hadn't seen that face on Momo in a long time. Those enraged eyes and the gritting teeth.

"What's so wrong with accepting it, Momo? Is it because she's a girl? Am I not happy with Tzuyu? Doesn't dad accept me like I am? What exactly are you afraid of?"

"It's not that! There's nothing to accept except for the fact that you need to let this go and forget it ever happened. I did the right thing."

"How is it the right thing if you're miserable? How can you expect me to support your choice? Especially when you're not only hurting yourself, you're hurting me, you're hurting Mina, you're hurting your friends, and of all people, Jungwon! He doesn't deserve you doing this with him, Momo."

"And why are you doing this to me?! Do you want to ruin my relationship with him?!" Momo shouted, feeling warm tears falling down from her eyes.

"It's already ruined, Momo! Since the moment you fell in love with Mina!"

"STOP IT!" Momo begged, standing up in a sudden movement, making her chair fall and make a loud noise. "I DON'T LOVE MINA ANYMORE!" She shouted at Sana before running towards her room.

"YOU FOOL, OPEN YOUR ING EYES, YOU STUPID IDIOT!" Sana shouted back, hoping her sister would still hear it over the loud bang of her door closing.

Maybe Sana went too far, but perhaps that was exactly what Momo needed. Sana couldn't hold back her tears, as she had been made into a nervous wreck with the situation.

---

Momo couldn't stay in her room, or else she would dwell in her thoughts and go crazy. She headed downstairs towards the dance studio. She needed to clean her mind the best way she knew how.

After plugging her phone in and setting her dance playlist on shuffle, she walked to the center and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Who was she? Who was the girl she was looking at?

She danced to two songs until a certain one started playing - 24 Hours.

Momo wanted to skip it, but at the same time, if she did, that would mean she was weak and she was giving it unjustified importance. It was just a song, like any other song. So, she danced to it, trying hard to erase Mina's face from her mind.

If only she could. Sana's words kept ringing in her mind like a broken record. Even though Momo didn't understand Korean, she had read the lyrics before and she knew what that song was about.

Unconditional, dedicated and passionate love. So strong, that even if she spent all 24 hours with her, it still wouldn't be enough. She couldn't be physically apart from her, she forgot everything when she looked at her, and the more she got, the more she wanted, to the point she would go crazy. And it was actually scary to fall so endlessly, but if it was her, if she was there to catch her, then she was not afraid.

Momo tried to force the image of her boyfriend on her mind, but she couldn't. She thought for a second she would actually go crazy. She felt like screaming and pulling her hair out at how hopeless, weak, foolish, she was.

After after every moment they shared, Momo was throwing it all away, like it never mattered. Like she could live without her, when every day with her felt like a second, and every second away from her felt like a day.

 It was as if, slowly, the feelings she fought so hard to keep hidden were coming back, filling her whole heart and erasing whatever she still felt for Jungwon for good.

And when the next song started playing, Momo felt her knees collapse. She tried to get up and actually dance to it, because it was one of her favorite songs and choreos, but it was futile.

She kept looking at herself in the mirror. Staring at the lost, hopeless stranger she saw, while the song played in the background. And Momo didn't need to be a genius to understand the English lyrics.

 

I think about you,
Do you think about me?

I’m thinking about you

I spend my days and nights, every time
I think about you
But you ain’t know
You ain't know
She ain’t even know it babe
I think about you

 

Tears escaped from Momo's eyes. How could she have closed her eyes to all of it? How could she spend the longest time lying to Jungwon, and to herself? Did she really, by any chance, by just a second, think she could forget Mina?

She loved Mina. She missed her, and her smile, and the way she looked at her, and the way she used to hold her hands. Mina's face, the taste of her lips she was forbidden from wanting, the thought of whether those lips would ever form the words "I love you" to her. Did Mina realize how much Momo loved her and thought about her? How much Momo wanted – needed her?

Momo sobbed, closing her eyes and letting her head drop, with the song still playing in the background.

 

I still think about you
Girl, do you think about me?

Thinkin’ about you
I still think about you
I’m still...

 

Every word Sana said was true - the most painful truth. What was she doing with her life? Why was she running away from what made her happy? She wanted to protect one person from getting hurt and in the end, she ended up hurting him, herself, and everyone. She only wanted to do the right thing, and in the end, she had actually been selfish.

Momo got up, rubbing her cloudy eyes.

She had hurt him once, and she would have to do it once more.

---

A/N: I know, I'm so cruel, I can't seem to stop making Momo suffer ;___;   forgive me 
I have a little announcement... the next chapter will be the last one c':                                                                                                                        maybe not exactly the last one keke

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONSTANT SUPPORT I LOVE YOU ALL <3